BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #1
soulsea
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp

Map Demons

Not sure if it's a known issue or isolated to my X6M, but every now and then when I start my car the map display will be completely different from the last time I used the car. Sometimes I find it in 2D mode when it was left in 3D, other times the zoom level is completely different than where I left it. Basically the map settings appears to have a mind of their own.

Anyone have this happen to them, and if so, is there a fix for it or do I have to take it to the dealer?

Thanks
      03-12-2017, 04:02 AM   #2
ajob
Lieutenant
Monaco
Rep
Drives: X5 M

One workaround:

1. Set map the way you normally use it (zoom, 2D or 3D, etc.);

2. Long push on one of the 8 "function keys" until it beeps; easier to remember if it's the first or the last button;

3. Every time you need it, push that button and the map will revert to the settings programmed in step 1.
Appreciate 1
soulsea121.50
      03-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #3
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

That sounds like a firmware bug. Take it to the dealer, tell them the idrive software has this bug, and they will most likely flash your car to the latest version. The downside is that it ca take 1-2 days as the program that is used to flash the ECU is prone to crashing. The upside is you'll have the latest idrive firmware when you are done, which will hopefully fix that bug and a host of others as well.
Appreciate 1
soulsea121.50