BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #45
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
My friend I've followed both over the years .
But this fight will be different for Floyd !
Gotta love your enthusiasm.
Appreciate 2
      08-11-2017, 01:07 PM   #46
styler69
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by importriders View Post
PACMAN fan here so I have an intrinsic hate for Floyd, but there is ZERO chance he will lose this fight.

Even the last "improved" sparring video that was posted here is a joke. If he boxes like that with Floyd he will get murdered. Can you say SLOW? Conor is going to have to smother Floyd and get in close, no chance he can box outside with Floyd. That has been the game plan for pretty much every boxer that has faced Floyd to date and ZERO PROFESSIONAL boxers have succeeded.
completely agree. people thinking connor has a chance just don't understand boxing. Floyd mayweather has decades more experience boxing than Macgregor. Floyd has frustrated every boxer he has faced and while I think pacquiao in his prime had a chance to beat him, there just isn't any conceivable way that mayweather loses. in fact, Floyd wouldn't even book a fight he had a chance to lose.
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #47
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by styler69 View Post
completely agree. people thinking connor has a chance just don't understand boxing. Floyd mayweather has decades more experience boxing than Macgregor. Floyd has frustrated every boxer he has faced and while I think pacquiao in his prime had a chance to beat him, there just isn't any conceivable way that mayweather loses. in fact, Floyd wouldn't even book a fight he had a chance to lose.
This.

What I've learned from everything leading up to the fight is how polarizing Conor is. The fact that the betting lines are only -550 in Floyd's favor shows you how many non-boxing fans and casuals Conor has brought to the table. And how many people believe in him. He's like a deity.

With that said, anyone that thinks Conor has a shot or betting these ridiculous odds on Conor knows absolutely nothing about boxing.

Watching two guys throw fists on tv every once in a while does not mean you follow boxing.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #48
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Question for you guys who know more than I do about the sports of boxing and MMA. Both sides are petitioning the NV athletic commission to allow them to fight in 8 ounce gloves instead of 10 ounce, which is standard for that weight class. MMA on the other hand uses 4 ounce gloves.

How is dropping from 10 to 8 seen as better or worse?

Stands to reason that with a heavier glove your punches will be slower and you will tire faster, but when you connect they will carry a larger impact.

How will stepping down from 10 to 8 help/hurt Floyd?

How will stepping up to 8 or 10 from 4 help/hurt Conor?

Everyone knows the chin is the money shot. That's the shot that whips the head around and drives the brain into the skull, yielding the KO. It's harder to land a flush shot on the chin with 12 or 14 or 16 oz gloves because you might hit the guy's chin, but with a larger glove surface area, the impact is distributed throughout the head so you don't get the same whiplash. 8 or 10 won't make much of a difference for Conor.

A 4 oz MMA glove completely changes the game. Much of Floyd's defense is dependent on the shape and size of a boxing glove. Philly Shell/Shoulder Roll defense would be near impossible with a small MMA glove.

4 oz gloves would certainly help Conor.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #49
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
Floyd is 40 years old, hasn't fought for a long wile, has past his prime, hasn't knocked out anyone since 1999(Ortiz doesn't count, it was a soccer punch), smaller than Connor.
On the other hand, he has outstanding defense, outstanding counterattack reflexes, doesn't get tired as he knows how to conserve his energy for 12 rounds.
12 Rounds, that's what he does in most of his fights, so he has a huge advantage in running for full 12 rounds without getting tired.
Now, Connor is much younger, bigger, stronger, much hungrier fighter than Floyd.
Very confident, really thinks he can take Floyd out inside 4 rounds.
He has predicted things many times before and backed it up.
IMO, he is a very underrated boxer, if you watch his mma fights, he prefers stand up. trading punches on the feet.
Remember 1st round one punch KO of Aldo that he predicted? It was a brilliant execution of his game plan against the best pound for pound mma fighter at that time.
They will fight at 154 pounds. Connor will show up for the fight(not weigh-in) at 175 pounds at least. Floyd has never been more than 157 in his life.
that's almost 20 pounds difference.
I wish they were fighting with 4 ounce gloves, which would give Connor more of a chance to hurt Floyd if he landed a clean punch.
I disagree with those who say Connor has no chance. He does, but I wouldn't bet on it Belgium
Did anyone think that Manny pacman would lose to a school teacher?
Wait...are you saying Manny lost? Nobody on this planet thinks he lost that fight lol. But if you're saying boxing is rigged and that's how Floyd can lose, then I'm with you 100%. Boxing is such a joke.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 01:32 AM   #50
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by importriders View Post
Wait...are you saying Manny lost? Nobody on this planet thinks he lost that fight lol.
Lol, you must not know any Australians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datka View Post
Did anyone think that Manny pacman would lose to a school teacher?
Jeff Horn might be a school teacher, but he was also an Olympic boxer. You don't get to Olympic level boxing unless you grow up boxing or you're a freak athlete, and Jeff Horn is no freak athlete. Maybe Conor is a freak athlete, but no one knows how to exploit the point system and rules better than Floyd.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 09:33 AM   #51
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
you guys realize floyd has been hit flush like 4 times(2 of those times by shane)...by guys who have boxed their whole lives, and what are considered top tier boxers. Connor was getting licked up by Diaz.

edit: Floyd keeps his body in PRIME condition all year..doesn't smoke or drink etc. Him losing a step is still a lap better than everyone else.

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 09:42 PM   #52
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
The lighter gloves as you stated make the punches get thrown faster (less mass to accelerate), and they also help your endurance a bit since you aren't carrying around and moving more mass for up to 12 rounds. The smaller gloves also have a smaller surface area and smaller padding. So its actually easier to sneak a punch in with smaller gloves, and when it does hit it actually translates to a HARDER impact, not less as you say above. That is because the inertia and corresponding force of the hand/glove upon impact is spread over a shorter period of time with less padding. The same concept behind a crumple zone in a car. You are spreading the impact over a larger amount of time to soften the overall force that your body experiences.

Its all physics and kinematics.

On side note: The smaller/lighter the gloves the more force will be translated into the boxers hands as well. So wearing no gloves or ones with little padding is dangerous on both sides of the coin. Easy to hurt your opponent and easy to hurt your first/wrist as well.

EDIT: I generally agree with what most have stated above. As much as I would LOVE for Mayweather to get KTFO I'm skepcial to say the least. Conor is a beast in terms of overall size and strength, but never underestimate experience... and Floyd has a lot of it. I think Floyd will try to do what he always does use his defense and smarts as much as possible. He will try to wear Conor out and start looking for some counters later or win on points... Conor will try the opposite likely and will definitely be hungry for some big shots.
Very interesting. Thanks for the lesson!

Some of that is totally counter-intuitive, like the lighter glove producing a harder punch. But it does make sense, now that you laid it out like that. Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 10:16 AM   #53
DETRoadster
Rep

Well? Anyone else watch the fight?

My thoughts:

1) Not surprised at all by the end result, though I thought it would be done in the 8th and not the 10th. Conor gassed fast, as expected, but managed to keep it together longer than I thought. He did well in the earlier rounds until I realized that Floyd was just F'ing with him the entire time, putting in like 60% effort, and allowing Conor to think he had a chance so he'd keep pressing hard and gas. Picture perfect plan by Floyd, executed to perfection. It's like the guy has done this before....

2) What was with all the hammer fists? I don't think they did any damage but man, that was egregious.

3) Conor appeared to stun Floyd in a later round. 8th maybe? with a body shot. Then like an idiot, instead of capitalizing on it he swarmed into the clinch and started hammer fisting, causing the ref to jump in and get in the middle. That gave Floyd time to shake it off. Bad move.

4) Both men walked away un harmed and very rich. The fake rivalry can now stop and both can go bro out together.

5) I'm out my $10 buy-in for the PPV fight, had a few beers, some pizza, and walked away pretty entertained.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #54
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Floyd has never been a aggressive fighter he is always the practitioner in there but this fight he did at least try to move forward and that most likely the only reason he took the shots that he did.

If Floyd fought his normal fight it would have been like all his other fights and been extremely boring and he would have just picked up a few points each round to put him over the top. Conor would have never touched him and everyone would have been saying this was boring. So hats off to both fighters for a great fight but also hats off for Floyd for going a different route and pushing forward.

its painfully obvious to me that if Conor fought a active fighter say like a Canelo, Conor would be destroyed very very quickly IMO.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #55
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Fight went as I expected
Mayweather's defense wore him out
Conors only chance was the KO
and once it was clear in the middle rounds the KO wasnt coming his tank was draining
it was just a matter of time
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #56
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Fight went as I expected
Mayweather's defense wore him out
Conors only chance was the KO
and once it was clear in the middle rounds the KO wasnt coming his tank was draining
it was just a matter of time
Now they should fight in the MMA cage !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #57
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Then i think most would swing entirely the other way. I would. Connor would grapple May's legs, take him down, pin him, tap out...night folks. And i wouldn't pay to watch that either haha.

Sounds like it was at least entertaining though so maybe it was worth it.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2017, 12:26 PM   #58
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Well? Anyone else watch the fight?

My thoughts:

1) Not surprised at all by the end result, though I thought it would be done in the 8th and not the 10th. Conor gassed fast, as expected, but managed to keep it together longer than I thought. He did well in the earlier rounds until I realized that Floyd was just F'ing with him the entire time, putting in like 60% effort, and allowing Conor to think he had a chance so he'd keep pressing hard and gas. Picture perfect plan by Floyd, executed to perfection. It's like the guy has done this before....

2) What was with all the hammer fists? I don't think they did any damage but man, that was egregious.

3) Conor appeared to stun Floyd in a later round. 8th maybe? with a body shot. Then like an idiot, instead of capitalizing on it he swarmed into the clinch and started hammer fisting, causing the ref to jump in and get in the middle. That gave Floyd time to shake it off. Bad move.

4) Both men walked away un harmed and very rich. The fake rivalry can now stop and both can go bro out together.

5) I'm out my $10 buy-in for the PPV fight, had a few beers, some pizza, and walked away pretty entertained.

I suspect Floyd was waiting until the 10th to kill him because his "sponsors" had bet on it lasting that long. The over/under was 9.5.. hmmm.

Anyone expecting mcG to win that has obviously never seen Floyd fight.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11446.00
      08-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #59
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Then i think most would swing entirely the other way. I would. Connor would grapple May's legs, take him down, pin him, tap out...night folks. And i wouldn't pay to watch that either haha.

Sounds like it was at least entertaining though so maybe it was worth it.
Yeah I agree. Floyd would not survive the cage with Conor in it !
Who knows ? Let us hope to see this fight someday...
Maybe if there was enough money in that cage

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #60
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
I suspect Floyd was waiting until the 10th to kill him because his "sponsors" had bet on it lasting that long. The over/under was 9.5.. hmmm.

Anyone expecting mcG to win that has obviously never seen Floyd fight.
Totally agree. I don't think Floyd could have ended it in the first couple rounds, but from the 5th on, it was 100% up to Floyd to decide how and when that fight would end. Like a cat toying with a mouse.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #61
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:
Yes most if not all pure boxers w/o all range defense would be easily done in the cage
considering Conor was out of his element and against one of the best pound for pounds .. he did quite well
and the TKO was a sham though I guess having a boxer truely KO an MMA wouldnt have been good so its a saving grace

BOTTOM LINE: who would you rather have as a bodyguard.. CM or FM?
OBVIOUSLY CONOR
Appreciate 1
      08-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #62
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Yes most if not all pure boxers w/o all range defense would be easily done in the cage
considering Conor was out of his element and against one of the best pound for pounds .. he did quite well
and the TKO was a sham though I guess having a boxer truely KO an MMA wouldnt have been good so its a saving grace

BOTTOM LINE: who would you rather have as a bodyguard.. CM or FM?
OBVIOUSLY CONOR
Exactly !

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #63
seedyrom
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M240i, X3 20i, 2002, 2002tii

Quote:
Yeah I agree. Floyd would not survive the cage with Conor in it !
Who knows ? Let us hope to see this fight someday...
Maybe if there was enough money in that cage
Unless you have something against Mayweather in particular, we have already seen the battle.

The octagon has allowed for boxers to enter since its inception. It has allowed us to determine which is the best martial arts when there are next to no rules.
Brazilian Jujitsu is king. End of story.

There is no “what ifs”.

I just hope for boxing’s sake, this is the end of the debate
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #64
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyrom View Post
Unless you have something against Mayweather in particular, we have already seen the battle.

The octagon has allowed for boxers to enter since its inception. It has allowed us to determine which is the best martial arts when there are next to no rules.
Brazilian Jujitsu is king. End of story.

There is no “what ifs”.

I just hope for boxing’s sake, this is the end of the debate
Boxing is not a real fight . Too much rules are involved .

This is a thread . And without discussions there are no threads .

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #65
seedyrom
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M240i, X3 20i, 2002, 2002tii

Quote:
This is a thread . And without discussions there are no threads .
Yeah, I suppose, though in my short time here I’ve come to realise that 3/4 of the posts on this site are:
“Bump”.

Appreciate 1
      08-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #66
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyrom View Post
Yeah, I suppose, though in my short time here I’ve come to realise that 3/4 of the posts on this site are:
“Bump”.

Yeah I agree mate . It's like a crazy hobby..Lots of 5H1T .

Appreciate 0