BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

10-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #23
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
eventually he wants to send it to Asia or something I don't know whatever it is he will do with it.
I would leave that part out - I had to sign a non-export agreement when I bought my 2015 X5 (new).
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 03:59 PM   #24
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
I would leave that part out - I had to sign a non-export agreement when I bought my 2015 X5 (new).

You can't export it during the lease, but once you buy it at the end you can do whatever you want with it. Do you have a copy of the agreement? I heard some people lease it, and then they export it before lease end, they keep paying the lease payments. This is what the non-export agreement is for.
But once you buy it, vehicle is yours. That's what I had from BMW FS in the past.

Last edited by hyde; 10-16-2017 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 04:58 PM   #25
Marky Mark
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
You can't export it during the lease, but once you buy it at the end you can do whatever you want with it. Do you have a copy of the agreement? I heard some people lease it, and then they export it before lease end, they keep paying the lease payments. This is what the non-export agreement is for.
But once you buy it, vehicle is yours. That's what I had from BMW FS in the past.
Not to sound negative or anything, but lately for the past couple years, many people have been making a "business" of buying a brand new luxury car (Cayenne, X5, etc) and driving them right to the docks and selling them to be exported to China the same day as purchasing.

So there have been rules created to try and curb this.

I do not doubt it if when someone buys a new car like described above in certain areas (i.e. near port Newark or port San Diego) that such paperwork is presented at time of purchase to be signed.

I wouldn't think it would apply to used cars, but I could be wrong. Nonetheless, I would still not mention the intention of shipping to Asia.
MPPK+MPE, Premium Package, xLine, Driver Assistance Plus, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Luxury Seating Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision w/Pedestrian Detection, ACC Stop& Go + Active Driving Assistant, harmon/kardon Surround Sound System, Space-Saver Spare, 4-Zone Automatic Climate Control, Poplar Wood Trim, towing package
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #26
retx
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F15 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post
Not to sound negative or anything, but lately for the past couple years, many people have been making a "business" of buying a brand new luxury car (Cayenne, X5, etc) and driving them right to the docks and selling them to be exported to China the same day as purchasing.

I do not doubt it if when someone buys a new car like described above in certain areas (i.e. near port Newark or port San Diego) that such paperwork is presented at time of purchase to be signed.

I wouldn't think it would apply to used cars, but I could be wrong. Nonetheless, I would still not mention the intention of shipping to Asia.
It's the good businesses out there. If you know the ways to "import" these cars as the junks, you will earn even more.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 11:53 PM   #27
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky Mark View Post

I agree with you but that does not change the fact that once you pay in full for your vehicle, you can do whatever you want with it. The non-export agreement applies to vehicle while it's under lease agreement (or if financed, during the course of the finance period)

An example, when I was shopping for GLS from a dealer in PA, he told me the dealership is trying not to make deals with buyers out of state or who are not considered local, especially on the coasts. I am in NY and PA dealer who was recommended by a friend who got deep discounts, took a lot of convincing to even give me an offer. I told him I am willing to sign whatever he wants me to sign, or even bring the car to a dealer (a local one) and have them confirm back to MB financial or the dealer that car is in fact in the states and was not shipped overseas every 6 months for "Hello, I am here" confirmation.

He understood that I meant business and was not some random shipper, he gave me a deal. So it does happen and I agree, but I did ask BMW if I can ship the car overseas, he said it's no problem and I can ship it or sell or do whatever I want with it once I receive the title from them. In reference to custom plates, they also confirmed plates stay with me, but they require the vehicle to be re-registered w/DMV and that I can bring the plates back on the vehicle.

PS: Reputable shipping companies require the title matching the name of the shipper, of course there are shady ones who will stuff whatever you ask in a container and ship it, that's a different story.
      10-17-2017, 08:52 AM   #28
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomberx5 View Post
You might get a better price if you talk to dealer and tell them you want to buy vehicle. You can turn car back in at lease end then negotiate a purchase price plus you can ask them to CPO it for warranty.
I doubt this is possible, unless I've been fooled by the dealer.
Lease is owned by BMWFA not the dealer, so once you turn in your vehicle, dealer has nothing to do with it unless they decide to buy the car on their own. Once they buy the car though, obviously price will be higher than what BMW has offered at the end of the lease to make up the margin.

If you decide to buy the car at the lease end, you have two options. One, pay straight up to BMWNA cash and they will send you the title within 15 days.
Two, have the dealer buy the car and finance through them or third party. If you pick option 2, dealer will charge you $850 safe check fee for them to buy the car that you could potentially back out from. And you pay for whichever CPO you would like to purchase - 1 yr or 2 yrs. If you do decide to do CPO from that dealer, they will give you a better rate on financing that could roughly even out for the cost of the CPO in loan life time.

Typically speaking, it is usually cheaper to get the CPO car straight from the dealer unless your car was ordered to your taste and hard to find.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #29
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerX5kid View Post
My statement is not incorrect until somebody on here has says they have done it. either 1) bought their car off lease and didnt go through dealer. 2) bought their lease at price lower than contract price.
FYI, you CAN buy the car off the lease without going through the dealer.
You just need to get the third party loan such as credit union, sofi, or what have you and send BMWFS the certified check. It is actually harder and more costly to get financing through the dealer. Only benefit is the option of getting a CPO and have cheaper financing rate once you get the CPO from them.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2017, 10:02 AM   #30
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerX5kid View Post
My statement is not incorrect until somebody on here has says they have done it. either 1) bought their car off lease and didnt go through dealer. 2) bought their lease at price lower than contract price.
I bought my E90 M3 straight from BMW FS. The only reason I went to the dealer cause they had to do an inspection of the vehicle prior to turning it in (I was in a limbo at that time cause I was buying a house) . It’s more like “ let me see how clean your car cause I can take it away and sell it on my lot”. Then the dealer was trying to give me an option to re-lease the car over 24 month. I said “pfff do I look like a sucker?”. So I called BMW NA and got them to finance me. After 2 days I applied for auto loan at DCU bank and had them send a check to BMW FS due to better interest rate.
Appreciate 0