BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #133
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by atam1980 View Post
The difference here is Conor claimed he could beat the best in boxing in a boxing ring.
The fight would have never existed without those claims.

He called him out, sold the fight and is now $125 mill richer. Job done.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #134
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by atam1980 View Post
The difference here is Conor claimed he could beat the best in boxing in a boxing ring. I don't remember Floyd ever saying he could beat the best in MMA in an MMA ring. No boxer thinks he can beat an MMA fighter in an octagon, and if he does he's as delusional as the aikido nuts.

Not sure why you're so salty, your boy walked away with 9 figures and at no point was ever really hurt. Conor seems happier about his loss than you are.

And let's not forget he KO'd the big show in a wrestling ring, so boxing beats grappling.
Not salty and no boxing doesn't beat grappling. Street fight you don't stop and make up the rules before hand you win how ever you can ie octagon so that's a no go for you. The point is connor can step into floyds world and do okay, floyd can't go the other way and not wind up crippled.

Connor sold an idea of him being able to win so he could collect 100 million. People wouldn't watch if he said I can't win but I want some dough.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #135
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Not salty and no boxing doesn't beat grappling. Street fight you don't stop and make up the rules before hand you win how ever you can ie octagon so that's a no go for you. The point is connor can step into floyds world and do okay, floyd can't go the other way and not wind up crippled.

Connor sold an idea of him being able to win so he could collect 100 million. People wouldn't watch if he said I can't win but I want some dough.
2 videos from Floyds afterparty => http://www.clint.be/entertainment/fl...geld-strooien/

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 12:39 AM   #136
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Not salty and no boxing doesn't beat grappling.
I think you missed my WWE joke. I don't actually think boxing beats wrestling.

HOWEVER, in a situation against multiple attackers, which is commonplace where I'm from, wrestling is useless.

Quote:
. The point is connor can step into floyds world and do okay, floyd can't go the other way and not wind up crippled.
I was agreeing with you about mma being more similar to true combat, and I'm pretty sure I said the same thing about Floyd not standing a chance in MMA in my post. I don't think anyone has actually argued against you about that.

Last edited by atam1980; 08-31-2017 at 12:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 07:15 AM   #137
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yes track skills come into play with multiple attackers
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 12:13 PM   #138
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Woodley vs winner of ggg and alvarez
      08-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #139
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:

Have this same discussion with my nephew all the time and always have to remind him that UFC certainly does have rules. No nut stuff, no biting, head butts, small joint manipulation, point of elbows, kneeing or kicking grounded opponents, hair pulling, eye gouging, etc. Lots of things can be employed against a UFC guy in a street fight that they aren't ready for either.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2017, 07:31 PM   #140
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Very true just less than in boxing
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 10:13 PM   #141
atam1980
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Have this same discussion with my nephew all the time and always have to remind him that UFC certainly does have rules. No nut stuff, no biting, head butts, small joint manipulation, point of elbows, kneeing or kicking grounded opponents, hair pulling, eye gouging, etc. Lots of things can be employed against a UFC guy in a street fight that they aren't ready for either.
sucker punch mid-sentence and run is probably most effective.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #142
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Take a deep breath and count to ten aloud, throat punch on 7.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 06:20 PM   #143
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Can't believe people thought this fight was great. Go on ESPN, FS1.... "It was a great fight." Horrible fight. Mayweather took his uppercut and he was "smiling." First time ever, Mayweather came at him instead of being a defensive fighter because he knew McGregor had no real power behind his punches. Some of the stuff that Mayweather did like turning his back would have been knocked out easily by a real boxer like GGG. Then weak rabbit punches, weird open stance etc. Good for him making all that money but this was just a sad spectacle to watch especially if you shelled out $100 for the PPV. And Mayweather could have gone another 10 rounds.
      09-03-2017, 06:43 PM   #144
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Can't believe people thought this fight was great. Go on ESPN, FS1.... "It was a great fight." Horrible fight. Mayweather took his uppercut and he was "smiling." First time ever, Mayweather came at him instead of being a defensive fighter because he knew McGregor had no real power behind his punches. Some of the stuff that Mayweather did like turning his back would have been knocked out easily by a real boxer like GGG. Then weak rabbit punches, weird open stance etc. Good for him making all that money but this was just a sad spectacle to watch especially if you shelled out $100 for the PPV. And Mayweather could have gone another 10 rounds.
Like I said above Conor is no boxer . But Floyds blood would flow in the cage in round 1 .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2017, 08:31 PM   #145
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Can you still watch it?
Appreciate 0