BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-22-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche Cayenne

Really pissed off by BMW

1. Ordered M Power Kit, dealer didn't install it before delivery and had no idea I ordered this option. Back and force quite a few times until they finally agreed it's missing.
2. Didn't order HK sound, but found HK speaker inside left door and regular speaker inside right door.
3. Sport seat is supposed to be standard on Canadian X6, but I got basic seat.

Seems like they mix my build with another X5. Don't know what else could go wrong with it. Asking BMW Canada to take back the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoose View Post
1. Ordered M Power Kit, dealer didn't install it before delivery and had no idea I ordered this option. Back and force quite a few times until they finally agreed it's missing.
2. Didn't order HK sound, but found HK speaker inside left door and regular speaker inside right door.
3. Sport seat is supposed to be standard on Canadian X6, but I got basic seat.

Seems like they mix my build with another X5. Don't know what else could go wrong with it. Asking BMW Canada to take back the car.
Do you have a itemized vehicle inquiry report or invoice from the dealer listing the options you ordered?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:00 PM   #3
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve535i View Post
Do you have a itemized vehicle inquiry report or invoice from the dealer listing the options you ordered?
Yes, that looks right, but the car is not built to spec.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep

Good Luck with your battle. MPPK sounds like it will be worked out.
Since you didn't order the Harmon Kardon, did you get the car for the same negotiated price?
Either way.....it's worth the money even if you have to pay for it

Losing the Sport seats in your major problem. Are they standard by default on Canadian X6's or do you have to select that specific option, even though there is no charge?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:18 PM   #5
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Since you didn't order the Harmon Kardon, did you get the car for the same negotiated price?

Losing the Sport seats in your major problem.
I wouldn't mind getting free HK upgrade, but if they do, do it right.
Not half HK and half regular.

I'm questioning how the car was built, who else's parts actually went into the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #6
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoose
Quote:

Losing the Sport seats in your major problem.
I wouldn't mind getting free HK upgrade, but if they do, do it right.
Not half HK and half regular.

I'm questioning how the car was built, who else's parts actually went into the car.
Worst part would be if the whole line went past that employee and now they have a lot more with the same issue
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 12:58 AM   #7
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

I've been there.

Dealer attempted to bring my car to spec and could not. Ended up buying the car back. I got a loaner while they were trying to remedy the situation, and for the duration of the time until my re-order arrived. They rushed the rebuild, working with other dealers and SC to get to the earliest allotment for a build. They also offered me discount which I rejected.

These are the QC errors I have seen/read about thus far:

- Parts of Driver Assist Plus missing
- Non leather panel on one door
- LED ambient light cables not connected
- Wrong, Euro spec wide angle mirror on a US build (BMW recalled several X3/4s but an X5 slipped through
- Car delivered with UK language setting in the US
- Dealer pre-delivery inspection mishaps (still in transport mode, sunroof not initialized, empty tank delivered, navi not activated)

I can tell you that I was thoroughly disappointed -how I ended up on this board- but my dealer went far out of the way to make sure I was happy at the end. I hope you are in good hands as well.

Joke Begins
Half of of HK? Did you order the n-Sport?
At least you did not get and an Harmann Olufsen.

Last edited by MattBianco; 06-23-2015 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 08:13 AM   #8
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep

What does half Harmon Kardon mean?
If you're saying that only the top two door speakers have logos, that's how Harmon Kardon package is. The other speakers aren't labeled.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 08:44 AM   #9
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

This is the sole reason why I would never buy the "first batch" of any BMW especially if its a X model made in the US. I've read similar stories when the first X6 came out where people were getting the wrong parts installed on their cars as well. I don't understand how this could even happen with such a large company like BMW. There is a serious flaw in their production process if they allow this to happen. God knows what else wasn't installed or installed wrong....

Alan
      06-23-2015, 10:41 AM   #10
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
If you're saying that only the top two door speakers have logos, that's how Harmon Kardon package is. The other speakers aren't labeled.
I think he means one side has the harmon kardon badge and the other tweeter doesn't.

OP, I would ask your dealer to take the X5 back and properly order the car you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 10:59 AM   #11
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
See picture. Left door has HK speaker, right door has basic speaker.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #12
Stunnaz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6 (F16)

Hmm, there's one solution to if you want the HK upgrade but your wife wouldn't allow it...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #13
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
I think he means one side has the harmon kardon badge and the other tweeter doesn't.

OP, I would ask your dealer to take the X5 back and properly order the car you want.
Yes for sure. My wife works at a law firm, she already asked some lawyers the options if BMW doesn't want to take the car back.

So far, BMW Canada is not helping, keep saying talk to your dealer they can replace the wrong parts. I don't trust this car, who knows what else is wrong in the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 11:19 AM   #14
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoose View Post

So far, BMW Canada is not helping, keep saying talk to your dealer they can replace the wrong parts. I don't trust this car, who knows what else is wrong in the car.
See my prior post. At this stage, it is in the dealer's hands. Let them figure it out. The stereo is solvable. The seats are more complicated as they don't stock these seats at dealers and they are likely fully accounted for in production for months. You also have lemon laws often triggered by time. I would let the car sit at the dealer and take a loaner while they contemplate resolution to start the clock going.

I would be surprised if the dealer does not buy it back. They won't allow this to become a "legal" matter as it shines a poor light on the dealer and BMW.

two cents.
      06-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #15
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep

Wow. That's horrible
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 01:05 PM   #16
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

did your x5 get built on a friday? lol
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 01:15 PM   #17
puckybadger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 M60i LCI TBII/Tartufo

BMWNA should refund you your purchase price (or rescind the lease/finance agreement), turn the car over to one of their field reps for 6 months, then send it to the auction where a dealer will buy it and sell it as a used vehicle. Everyone wins.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #18
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
See my prior post. At this stage, it is in the dealer's hands. Let them figure it out. The stereo is solvable. The seats are more complicated as they don't stock these seats at dealers and they are likely fully accounted for in production for months. You also have lemon laws often triggered by time. I would let the car sit at the dealer and take a loaner while they contemplate resolution to start the clock going.

I would be surprised if the dealer does not buy it back. They won't allow this to become a "legal" matter as it shines a poor light on the dealer and BMW.

two cents.
Thanks. Dealer is contacting BMW and see how to resolve this issue. Hopefully get back this week.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #19
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco
I've been there.

Dealer attempted to bring my car to spec and could not. Ended up buying the car back. I got a loaner while they were trying to remedy the situation, and for the duration of the time until my re-order arrived. They rushed the rebuild, working with other dealers and SC to get to the earliest allotment for a build. They also offered me discount which I rejected.

These are the QC errors I have seen/read about thus far:

- Parts of Driver Assist Plus missing
- Non leather panel on one door
- LED ambient light cables not connected
- Wrong, Euro spec wide angle mirror on a US build (BMW recalled several X3/4s but an X5 slipped through
- Car delivered with UK language setting in the US
- Dealer pre-delivery inspection mishaps (still in transport mode, sunroof not initialized, empty tank delivered, navi not activated)

I can tell you that I was thoroughly disappointed -how I ended up on this board- but my dealer went far out of the way to make sure I was happy at the end. I hope you are in good hands as well.

Joke Begins
Half of of HK? Did you order the n-Sport?
At least you did not get and an Harmann Olufsen.
One of the first demos I drove when the F15 came out had one aluminum hexagon panel, in an x-line. The rest was wood. Just a demo but still, it's like they ran out and just said, "slap this on and get it out the door."
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #20
wordsworth03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
This is the sole reason why I would never buy the "first batch" of any BMW especially if its a X model made in the US. I've read similar stories when the first X6 came out where people were getting the wrong parts installed on their cars as well. I don't understand how this could even happen with such a large company like BMW. There is a serious flaw in their production process if they allow this to happen. God knows what else wasn't installed or installed wrong....

Alan
This is a new thread so presumably the OP got a 2015 which is not a "first batch," no?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #21
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thats pretty strange.

At the BMW 3 Series factory here each part the assembly team picks up gets its barcode scanned and the system ensures they are installing the correct part for each vehicle.
Pick the wrong part and the system goes nuts and even calls an inspector.

Then the car goes through a number of inspections after being built at the factory, then again at the VPC then again at the dealer.

Can only see a computer error allowing the 2 different speakers, but cannot understand why it was not picked up during inspection.

Thew doors have all their equipment installed separately from the car and separately from each other, so one could expect human error there, but the computer system is supposed to check they fit the correct parts
      06-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #22
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can see the procedure here at teh Spartanburg Factory on a X3

From 0:26 the doors get removed from teh car body for assembly and sent to a separate line.

They are then reunited with the car from 6:00