BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-23-2015, 03:47 PM   #23
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth03 View Post
This is a new thread so presumably the OP got a 2015 which is not a "first batch," no?
He has a X6 which just started production this year so yeah....still first batch to me.
      06-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #24
wordsworth03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
He has a X6 which just started production this year so yeah....still first batch to me.
Ah, glazed over that part
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #25
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 Porsche Cayenne

BMW came back saying the sport seat was a mistake on their website. Just checked the configurator, it's not standard anymore and there is a $600 option for sport seat.

Dealer is talking to BMW again but it seems BMW doesn't want to honor it. The website is a binding contract, at minimal they false advertise that affects my purchase decision.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 02:20 PM   #26
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoose View Post
BMW came back saying the sport seat was a mistake on their website. Just checked the configurator, it's not standard anymore and there is a $600 option for sport seat.

Dealer is talking to BMW again but it seems BMW doesn't want to honor it. The website is a binding contract, at minimal they false advertise that affects my purchase decision.
I'm not a lawyer but id be surprised if the website is a binding contract ..... "BMW Canada Inc. reserves the right to revise pricing and/or specifications at any time without notice" (at the bottom of the configurator in big letters)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #27
wearenh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 x35i DHP

.... I just used the Canadian Configurator to build the car I'm picking up Thursday, and
it totals much less $$$ ... CAD$81,310 including Shipping of CAD$2095 ... using xe.com to convert
at 1.238CAD/$ ... that's an MSRP of only USD$65.6k vs USD$75.3k on the USA Configurator
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS LESS ... AND they get the fully digital dash!

on the other hand, using the German Configurator, the price is €89.0k... which is USD$100.0k ...
almost TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE than the USA site!!!

same car in USD$:
$65.6k in Canada
$75.3k in USA
$100.0k in Germany

Last edited by wearenh; 06-29-2015 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-29-2015, 02:45 PM   #28
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

What an unpleasant ordering experience from such a premium brand.. this would really leave a bad taste in my mouth for sure.

My suggestion is to refuse delivery and order a new one..be firm about it. The longer you wait the harder it gets. Good luck to you!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #29
M3 Chris
Private
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 RS, X7 4.0

X5 is built in the USA now correct? That's some crap quality control. No offense to my American friends here but I've always worried about BMW moving it's production operations to North America. I've always had bad experiences with Domestic brand quality control.

Hope you get it sorted out. Mine X5 is purchased from Vancouver and has been perfect since day 1.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 03:11 PM   #30
wearenh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 x35i DHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Chris View Post
X5 is built in the USA now correct?...
All X4,X5, and X6's ever made have been built at the Spartanburg SC USA plant, as well as most of the X3s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_US...turing_Company
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:07 PM   #31
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

I have to say my experiences with BMW AG so far have been very poor and I am a 2 new BMW owner. I am used to dealers making mistakes and then the big brother factory stepping in to save their image, but no, BMW seems to deny everyting and blame the dealers. Sorry to hear what you are going through, but the only help you will probably get is from the dealer. Hope they will make this right. BMW generally replys to straight contact, but not answering and sending the message via the dealer. I would ask what else did they make wrong in this car, forgot airbags etc.???
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 05:36 PM   #32
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
I have to say my experiences with BMW AG so far have been very poor and I am a 2 new BMW owner. I am used to dealers making mistakes and then the big brother factory stepping in to save their image, but no, BMW seems to deny everyting and blame the dealers. Sorry to hear what you are going through, but the only help you will probably get is from the dealer. Hope they will make this right. BMW generally replys to straight contact, but not answering and sending the message via the dealer. I would ask what else did they make wrong in this car, forgot airbags etc.???
Yes, poor quality, poor customer support.

I don't know what else could go wrong with the car, those 3 is enough to raise flag for me.

This is my 4th BMW, and it will be my last one. BMW has lost its soul, a BMW is no longer an ultimate driving machine, it's same as Lexus with much poor quality control. You need to add packages to make a BMW drive like a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 08:04 AM   #33
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoose
a BMW is no longer an ultimate driving machine, it's same as Lexus with much poor quality control. You need to add packages to make a BMW drive like a BMW.
I wonder about this. For sure you have to add the sport options for modern BMW's to get the most "ultimate driving experience" out of it, but has that not always been the case? Probably more dramatic of a difference now from base to sport I guess, but I got the sport package on my '99 E46 to get the sport suspension just the same as I got DHP on my '15 550.

The steering is an entirely different animal, never needed any upgrades to get that nice tight BMW steering as far as I recall, but you absolutely must now with electric steering, but that isn't just BMW either, changing world all around.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 08:24 AM   #34
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangoose View Post
Yes, poor quality, poor customer support.

I don't know what else could go wrong with the car, those 3 is enough to raise flag for me.

This is my 4th BMW, and it will be my last one. BMW has lost its soul, a BMW is no longer an ultimate driving machine, it's same as Lexus with much poor quality control. You need to add packages to make a BMW drive like a BMW.
I have to agree with you....I think only BMW M still are driving machines. Everything else is tuned to compete with Lexus and please soccer moms and in that case it's much better to go with Lexus/Infinity for reliability and value.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 09:58 AM   #35
Kzang
Major General
Rep

I think... the reason why BMW went with the electronic steering is so that BMW could implement the "vibration" feel on the lane change and blindspot features along with the ACC options that are now available on most modern cars. With the hydraulic steering I assume this is not possible.

Without the sports options I still think BMW's driving characteristics and dynamic feel is much "sportier" than other brands. But when you add in the sports option ( suspension upgrades ) is when you really feel the ultimate driving machine come alive.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #36
artem123
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
I think... the reason why BMW went with the electronic steering is so that BMW could implement the "vibration" feel on the lane change and blindspot features along with the ACC options that are now available on most modern cars. With the hydraulic steering I assume this is not possible.

Without the sports options I still think BMW's driving characteristics and dynamic feel is much "sportier" than other brands. But when you add in the sports option ( suspension upgrades ) is when you really feel the ultimate driving machine come alive.
I recently drove rented 2015 Yukon fully stuffed with all bells and whistles, and lane departure vibration was actually inside the driver sit. Under left and right hip respectfully. At first it was a bit weird, got even more weird later.....
      06-30-2015, 04:33 PM   #37
radarguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440ix, 2023 X3 M40ix

Quote:
My 2011 F10 X-drive has hydraulic steering and the steering wheel vibrates with lane change and blindspot. I think the 2015 X-drive F10s also have hydraulic steering. My 2015 X5 X-drive has electric steering.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #38
vangoose
Private
Canada
Rep

Dealer promised to get back to me last friday, no. Went ti dealer last Saturday, promised again to get back to me monday or tuesday, still no response yet. Called dealer again, asked me to contact bmw canada now. Bmw Canada asked me to contact dealer.

Been 4 weeks, haven't heard a word from both of them how they are going to address the problem.

Absolutely no more bmw for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 06:22 PM   #39
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

If they are holding the car, that is great as the lemon law should be close to getting triggered . You also have the Bang & Kardon issue, so I think your case, without having to resort to the services of an attorney is very strong.
      06-30-2015, 09:56 PM   #40
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
I think its more about efficiency. A hydraulic pump driven off the engine is less efficient than a separate electric motor.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 04:22 AM   #41
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by radarguy View Post
My 2011 F10 X-drive has hydraulic steering and the steering wheel vibrates with lane change and blindspot. I think the 2015 X-drive F10s also have hydraulic steering. My 2015 X5 X-drive has electric steering.
No, I am pretty sure all F10 has electronic steering...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 04:23 AM   #42
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg71 View Post
I think its more about efficiency. A hydraulic pump driven off the engine is less efficient than a separate electric motor.
I agree with this too as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #43
Terp335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 2011 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg71
Quote:
Efficiency was my understanding as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #44
GeloCH
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X5 30d M Sport, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearenh View Post
.... I just used the Canadian Configurator to build the car I'm picking up Thursday, and
it totals much less $$$ ... CAD$81,310 including Shipping of CAD$2095 ... using xe.com to convert
at 1.238CAD/$ ... that's an MSRP of only USD$65.6k vs USD$75.3k on the USA Configurator
TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS LESS ... AND they get the fully digital dash!

on the other hand, using the German Configurator, the price is €89.0k... which is USD$100.0k ...
almost TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS MORE than the USA site!!!

same car in USD$:
$65.6k in Canada
$75.3k in USA
$100.0k in Germany

As a buyer from Europe, I hear you.. moreso that the value of the EURO has been falling...
Appreciate 0