BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-01-2015, 01:00 AM   #1
Jajo
Rep
Drives: Yugo

Latest I can change order?

When is the latest I can change an order? The website still says Order Documented, so it's not yet at Production Begins.

Reading through the forums has made me change my mind on a couple options and I hope it's not too late to switch a thing or two up. I understand I should give my salesperson a call to get a definite answer, but it's 2AM right now. I'd like to hear about your experiences in this matter.

For instance, in regards to making changes, I am thinking of changing leather and trim color, and I also didn't know there were choices for roof rail colors.

Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2015, 01:13 AM   #2
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jajo View Post
When is the latest I can change an order? The website still says Order Documented, so it's not yet at Production Begins.

Reading through the forums has made me change my mind on a couple options and I hope it's not too late to switch a thing or two up. I understand I should give my salesperson a call to get a definite answer, but it's 2AM right now. I'd like to hear about your experiences in this matter.

For instance, in regards to making changes, I am thinking of changing leather and trim color, and I also didn't know there were choices for roof rail colors.

Thanks for any help.
From my experience, you have a minimum of 2-4 days and longer for some trim options.

Glance at the survey results in my footnote and it may help you solidify your views on some options and packages. Best of luck....odds are you have time...they usually do their best to accommodate because with most dealers you have the option of walking away and getting your deposit back, and re-ording it again.
      07-02-2015, 01:00 AM   #3
Jajo
Rep
Drives: Yugo

Thanks Matt! I gave him a call earlier today and he said he'll see what he can do. I hope he can do it, but if not, that's okay.

I have found that getting a nice configuration on the interior is very hard. I like mocha; the wife likes black. I like pureline, she likes hexagon. Speaking of which, why is the lower dash on the mocha not black whereas it is black on terra? That was the dealbreaker for my wife.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2015, 05:08 AM   #4
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

The actual thing that forces the cutoff is when your wiring harness goes into production. Which can be days before your car goes into production.