BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

12-17-2023, 08:58 AM   #1
RockDriver
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 M Sport 30D

Diesel owners - do you use the AdBlue anti crystallization additive?

I bought the F15 30D recently and I'm considering the AdBlue anti crystallization additive. I've used it (Forte AdBlue Tank Exhaust Crystal Preventer) when I had my MB W166 which was known to be prone to AdBlue system problems due to crystallization and in the year I had the car I had zero issues.

Anybody using this stuff on your F15s?
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2023, 11:06 AM   #2
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 2007 SC

Garage List
I haven’t yet, but interested too on what people chime in with on the subject. Congrats on purchase.
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2023, 06:18 PM   #3
RockDriver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlesquash View Post
I haven’t yet, but interested too on what people chime in with on the subject. Congrats on purchase.
Thanks.

Well, I thought I may as well be a guinea pig on this one. I was having occasional "Incorrect AdBlue fluid" faults. So I poured a bottle of Forte Exhaust Crystal Preventer on top of a full tank of Adblue and 4000 miles later not a single fault since. So far so good, I'm starting to believe this stuff actually works, having used it on two different cars now.

Last edited by RockDriver; 01-01-2024 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2024, 05:26 PM   #4
Kafer Werks
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

This is good to know. I just bought one last week and expect to take delivery of it this week. I’ve never owned a diesel and I am learning that they take a bit more maintenance than a gas engine
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 04:22 AM   #5
RockDriver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafer Werks View Post
This is good to know. I just bought one last week and expect to take delivery of it this week. I’ve never owned a diesel and I am learning that they take a bit more maintenance than a gas engine
Yeah, the N57 engine is considered to be pretty good, it's just all of that emissions crap added on top that is known to be causing problems, so preventative maintenance is the name of the game.

BMW's petrol engines are just a different can of worms. I had an E70 petrol V8 last year that was diagnosed with head gasket failure, which is about as bad as it gets. The newer gen petrol engines are even worse as I understand, because it's basically the same old engine with all the flaws plus turbo slapped on top. What could go wrong? So I didn't buy a diesel because I'm such a big fan, I went with it as a sort of a lesser evil I guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 07:18 AM   #6
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafer Werks View Post
More maintenance? Kinda, it's more so that there is different types of maintenance that need to be done on a diesel, and some of it can get spendy compared to a gasser.

A bit of info here, https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1868102

And a lot of info if you search the forums. The diesel isn't talked about nearly as much, but there are some knowledgeable folks here.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1