opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Update: Resolved.
Cause: Engineering mistake by map and data supplier

I reported this to Inrix, the company that supplies BMW with navigation data and live traffic reporting. They asked some questions and eventually determined that they had an engineering mistake and it took them two weeks to resolve it. They sent me daily email updates telling me where they were on their resolution, and yesterday they confirmed it is resolved. I picked up the car from dealer today, and the "X" was gone.

I was really impressed by Inrix. They had never been contacted by a BMW (or other automotive) users as on their website they are geared towards receiving enquiries from mobile OS users only. They took time to investigate and resolve as opposed to blame the user, the road, BMW, etc. They acknowledged that BMW could not fix this and created a new ticketing process to handle these types of error reporting from end users.

A while back I started a different thread (http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1082510) wherein I mention http://www.inrix.com as the data vendor in case others encounter navi issues.
That is awesome, Niko! Nicely done .
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #24
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

I got an interesting one yesterday. I didn't take a picture of it though. It said "objects detected on roadway".

It came up really big on my instrument cluster. I didn't see anything; I thought it was crazy. It reduced to small size at the bottom of the cluster, then put the nav up on the iDrive screen with a suggested detour.

Apparently it thought something was on the road about 1/2 mile ahead. I was turning into work only about 1/2 block after it came up on the display so I couldn't confirm.

I thought it was interesting though. Do you think that came from the RTT info or from its own magical powers .
Appreciate 0