BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #1
andrewx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

The Winter Package Price

Hi all, I think there is a thread somewhere, but I could not find it.
I am wondering if there is room for negotiable for the winter tires package, here in Canada is about $5800 CAD, but I got the call from the dealer where I brought my car from, they wouldn't lower the price for a bit, but is it just a Canadian thing?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #2
AwesomeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 M  [10.00]
2020 BMW X5M Compet ...  [0.00]
2008 M3  [10.00]
Is this the thread you're looking for?

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1068441
      10-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #3
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

The OEM BMW winter package is ludicrously expensive.

We ordered a winter set up from PMC tire in Quebec - total, including mounting/balancing and shipping to Saskatchewan, was CDN$2650!

We got 20" Replika R184 wheels (look identical to the OEM BMW wheels - also available in gloss black):

https://pmctire.com/en/replika-wheel...-74-1-bmw.tire

And we used Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow:

https://pmctire.com/en/pirelli-scorp...0-106v-xl.tire

(I believe that the price of these has come up marginally since we ordered about a month ago, so the entire package price would be CDN$2790 - still a massive savings over the BMW setup).

The wheels are 20", with an offset of +40. They look a bit tucked in at the back, but they are fine - it's winter, after all. The nice thing is, with the square set up, we can rotate through all four corners.

Good luck! PMC's service is amazing. Their shipping rates are seriously unbelievably low ($40 for the full tire/wheel set from Quebec to Saskatchewan!!)(They have shipped four tires for $14 for my Lambo in the recent past - how do they DO this???)

Good luck. I know some people will prefer the "security" of going OEM, but considering we won't likely be keeping this X6M for longer than a couple of years, we are comfortable with the replica wheels. The rubber is the main thing.
      10-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #4
arrivederci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
The OEM BMW winter package is ludicrously expensive.

We ordered a winter set up from PMC tire in Quebec - total, including mounting/balancing and shipping to Saskatchewan, was CDN$2650!

We got 20" Replika R184 wheels (look identical to the OEM BMW wheels - also available in gloss black):

https://pmctire.com/en/replika-wheel...-74-1-bmw.tire

And we used Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow:

https://pmctire.com/en/pirelli-scorp...0-106v-xl.tire

(I believe that the price of these has come up marginally since we ordered about a month ago, so the entire package price would be CDN$2790 - still a massive savings over the BMW setup).

The wheels are 20", with an offset of +40. They look a bit tucked in at the back, but they are fine - it's winter, after all. The nice thing is, with the square set up, we can rotate through all four corners.

Good luck! PMC's service is amazing. Their shipping rates are seriously unbelievably low ($40 for the full tire/wheel set from Quebec to Saskatchewan!!)(They have shipped four tires for $14 for my Lambo in the recent past - how do they DO this???)

Good luck. I know some people will prefer the "security" of going OEM, but considering we won't likely be keeping this X6M for longer than a couple of years, we are comfortable with the replica wheels. The rubber is the main thing.
Another option for sure. And nice that they build it all up for you too. That includes TPMS?

You can also buy used OEM rims from a place like http://www.originalwheels.com/bmw-wheels/ and build up your own package that way to get similar savings while still using OEM if that matters to you.

What I like about the BMW factory package is they are ready to run as soon as you unbox them. TPMS installed, balanced, etc. Also comes with center caps...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #5
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
I paid $3902 with tax
      10-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #6
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrivederci View Post
Another option for sure. And nice that they build it all up for you too. That includes TPMS?

You can also buy used OEM rims from a place like http://www.originalwheels.com/bmw-wheels/ and build up your own package that way to get similar savings while still using OEM if that matters to you.

What I like about the BMW factory package is they are ready to run as soon as you unbox them. TPMS installed, balanced, etc. Also comes with center caps...
No TPMS. In Canada, we don't have those in BMWs - they use the ABS sensors to determine a low/flat tire
      10-29-2016, 03:51 AM   #7
AlexLou1222
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6M 2014 X1

Lucky I don't need winter pack here in Vegas, but if I do I would never get the OEM one. Might just try eBay or use tirerack to order some decent ones to use.
      11-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #8
khc911cc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M Donnington Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewx View Post
Hi all, I think there is a thread somewhere, but I could not find it.
I am wondering if there is room for negotiable for the winter tires package, here in Canada is about $5800 CAD, but I got the call from the dealer where I brought my car from, they wouldn't lower the price for a bit, but is it just a Canadian thing?
Coincidentally, i have a brand new set of the BMW OEM wheel/tire package, never installed on vehicle that i am looking to sell as of yesterday. I'm in the Toronto area. Just traded my X5M yesterday so no longer needed.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #9
QCAR123
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by khc911cc View Post
Coincidentally, i have a brand new set of the BMW OEM wheel/tire package, never installed on vehicle that i am looking to sell as of yesterday. I'm in the Toronto area. Just traded my X5M yesterday so no longer needed.
I am also located in Toronto, how much you are looking for?
which package do you have? what style model and size?
Let me know as soon as you can.
Thanks,
Appreciate 0