originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

[QUOTE=daeONE;15269648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
If you bypass insurance and pay yourself , even though the damages look small but it will all add up. Generally Insurance do not raise your rates on a hit and run, however if one has multiples then they can raise your rates as one becomes high risk.

I had a noticeable indentation on my lexus when it was 2 months old. Never fixed it, as the indent and scratches did not go to the metal, to me original paint is the best. Kept it for 10 years with eyesore. For F15 hood is aluminum and front quarter panel is thermoplastic, no rust. Hence maybe just paint over/ buff the qtr panel. For some they want the car pristine. Others like me would leave it as there will at some point be more dings and pings. Naturally, it sucks being so brand new and you parked it properly.

I have used paintless dent repair numerous times. If there in no paint damage, someone good at this can completely reverse the damage as if it never happened. I have paid as little as $100 for a small door ding to $250 for multiple and larger dents.
Yes, I do not want to go through insurance but it is really tempting granted it is a brand new vehicle and I want it as "mint" as possible.

I have 0 Claims my entire driving career and they are making me pay $500 deductible as Hit and Run is classified under Collision. The Auto Body Shop quote is 9X more than the deductible (headlamp is not cheap)

I was hoping I can prolong the "inevitable" when someone dings or scratches your vehicle by accident.

I was also thinking forgetting about it and maybe to the least, fix the fender itself and live with the scuff on the bumper and a chunk of the headlight.

Probably perform a light sand on the bumper and fender, cover it with 3M and call it a day.

Who knows when the next time a hit and run will happen and I have to pay another $500 and a pain in the ass.

Luckily, the car is Black Sapphire and it is not as noticeable
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 04:45 PM   #24
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

[QUOTE=originalgoods13;15275141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daeONE View Post

Yes, I do not want to go through insurance but it is really tempting granted it is a brand new vehicle and I want it as "mint" as possible.

I have 0 Claims my entire driving career and they are making me pay $500 deductible as Hit and Run is classified under Collision. The Auto Body Shop quote is 9X more than the deductible (headlamp is not cheap)

I was hoping I can prolong the "inevitable" when someone dings or scratches your vehicle by accident.

I was also thinking forgetting about it and maybe to the least, fix the fender itself and live with the scuff on the bumper and a chunk of the headlight.

Probably perform a light sand on the bumper and fender, cover it with 3M and call it a day.

Who knows when the next time a hit and run will happen and I have to pay another $500 and a pain in the ass.

Luckily, the car is Black Sapphire and it is not as noticeable

Maybe drive it for a few days to see if you can live with plan A. If not call Insurance and put the claim in, plan B. Ask your insurance if there is a deadline for a claim. It is sad and sick what happened.

Also, with Meloche Monnex, the collision deduction decreases by $50/ per year for every year claim free.
Appreciate 0