BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-13-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

will be attending viewing of a new X5 today

It is apparantley a high end spec car, let's see. The color is space which is one of my choices. Considering mineral white as well (anyone has this color on the forum, thoughts?). Will post pics (in poor quality) as soon as I can.
Thinking of going with Msport. I think I will stick to space gray (am one of those guys who love that color).
Below I put some of my thoughts on the car, in no way an in-depth review, only what stood out in my opinion

-love the idrive screen, the clarity is much better then before seen in BMW, looks great in person (unfortunately my poor quality iphone 4 photos do not do it justice)
-love soft close doors function, they near perfected this option on the new x5 (compared to what I have experienced with previous BMWs). Was not a fan before, love this function, will I get it again, not on my priority list
-I thought dakota leather plus ventilation is not possible, well it looks like it is (at least with black dakota), negative side is that I do not think it looks that good (black at least)
-rear seats (non-comfort) still look too plain, general feel in the back not so impressive
-ambience light stripes look great, especially in blue, i thought i would stick with orange setting, but blue looks great (perhaps it is the whole i8 influence in my head)
-wheels (19" for M sport), design wise nice, but definitely look too small, I will still take them because 20" without dynamic package might be too uncomfortable, still those wheel arches are way too big for 19"
-idrive touch, like it, looks great, very easy to use, have to look less at the screen to type something as it reads it out to you as you write
-quality feel great, i noticed small plastic bits (frame) around the ventilation, plastic looks a bit on the cheap side. Even with ceramic as an option, I think those stay
-M steering wheel and dials, look great
-front, will take some time to get used to, back looks far more impressive (contrary to the very first photos I saw).
-break calipers on m50d are pretty big, need urgent coloring before street use . Even gray color would make them look great
Attached Images

Last edited by 1230vani; 09-16-2013 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: added photos and some comments (pretty unuseful)
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
newbimmerx5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
It is apparantley a high end spec car, let's see. The color is space which is one of my choices. Considering mineral white as well (anyone has this color on the forum, thoughts?). Will post pics (in poor quality) as soon as I can.
Get some brown color pics if you can. Are you considering xLine with mineral white? xLine looks great with darker colors.
Appreciate 0