BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-17-2014, 11:08 PM   #23
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Glad that you made the decision to order a X5. We are on our 4th X5 since 2006 and I can tell you that the 2014 X5 is the best of all we had. It is a different car in a better way. My wife drives it and I am always jealous when she leaves our home in the morning I get to drive it in the weekends.

Regarding color, it is all about preference. I like dark colors and after having two different grays and a Black Sapphire we decided to get a Carbon Black this time and we could not be happier. Also, since we have kids we always get black leather since it is way easier to maintain. For our 2014 X5 we decided to get a M Sport package and we love it. It gives the car a more aggressive look.

As for the "build your own" tool on BMW website, do yourself a favor and DO NOT trust that. It is the worst tool ever and my biggest frustration with BMW. Also, do not trust the BMW sales advisor. They know less than anyone in this forum. If you have questions, ask here. Go to the dealer with your homework done and just use their service to order the car. In my case, even having 3 X5 before I still had issues when placing my order and ended up not ordering the car the way I wanted. I made the mistake to trust the "build your own" tool and the sales advisor and I regret that. In my opinion, the dealer will be "your friend" until you get the car delivered. After that, you are on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansRobert View Post
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. They have helped seal to deal for my wife and me. We made an appointment for next week to see if we can put together an order for a 2015 X5. Trying to understand the new 2015 Ordering Guide is a bit of a challenge with out being able to do a 2015 "build your own" on the BMW website.

It does make me feel a little better knowing our dealership of choice is number 10 in the list of Excellence Award dealers as pointed out by barcelona. And like many of you stated it's about the fun of driving, which is lacking in the Lexus!

What color is the most important question to my wife. I was originally thinking Mineral White (I know many of you have this color and I can see why). But we have a white car and Di is leaning toward Sparkling Brown. Either way we will go with the Terra Dakota leather. Any thoughts on Sparkling Brown?

If we go with SB I think the X-line is better and if MW then the Luxury Line.

Again, thanks for helping me clarify my thinking!
Appreciate 0