06-26-2014, 02:37 PM   #1
GTAbimmerowner
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport

2015 X5 Changes

First post on this message board.

After doing a ton of research on this and other forums I just ordered a 2015 X5d, MSport, Sapphire Black, Mocha Dakota, Fineline Pure - basically fully loaded.

At the time of my order I was told I was getting a 2014 build and that it would be ready by late July. Now I'm told it will be a 2015 build and not ready until early September.

I've read about the minor changes happening to the 2015's although I'm uncertain if they are going to be applied to all 2015's (i.e. those built in August) or whether they aren't being applied until the Fall. I've read posts saying the changes won't go into production until October but it seems rather odd for the changes to happen a few months into the production year.

Does anyone know for sure when they changes will be applied?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #2
sand99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/F80 M3

This thread has a good summary of when the MY2015 changes will take effect. Unless you really want the extra seat stitching, doesn't look like you'll be missing out on anything important if your vehicle is August production.

BMW makes small production changes within the same model year all the time. In fact, 2014 X5's made before April didn't include the driving assistant (collision warning, lane departure warning). You can see all the spring '14 production changes BMW implemented here: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=937898.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #3
ramsal
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2018 M3

Hmmmm...i'm not sure about that. I picked up my 2014 X5 in November 2013 and it already included the driving assistant (collision warning, lane departure warning, etc).
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 40e

Please excuse my ignorance but where is GTA?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
patrobX5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Volvo XC90 T8

Greater Toronto Area :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrob View Post
Greater Toronto Area :-)
Makes perfect sense!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
icreate
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 35d M Sport

Based on the documents I saw at the dealer this week:

The changes in Canada are certainly different than the states. In summary:

6WB (LCD Instrument Cluster) is standard
Navigation is standard
No more headlight washers
Base price increase by $1700

Premium Package now includes Soft Close doors
Price reduction by $700

Connected Drive w/RTTI no longer has 6NS (the phone dock and convenience connectivity)
Price reduction by $350

6NS is its own standalone option for $500

Premium seating now includes rear comfort seats instead of soft-close doors.

You can now order performance package for 35i as well as park assist.

All these changes are in Aug production.

Are you getting the 2015 with the same price that ordered 2014 for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAbimmerowner View Post
First post on this message board.

After doing a ton of research on this and other forums I just ordered a 2015 X5d, MSport, Sapphire Black, Mocha Dakota, Fineline Pure - basically fully loaded.

At the time of my order I was told I was getting a 2014 build and that it would be ready by late July. Now I'm told it will be a 2015 build and not ready until early September.

I've read about the minor changes happening to the 2015's although I'm uncertain if they are going to be applied to all 2015's (i.e. those built in August) or whether they aren't being applied until the Fall. I've read posts saying the changes won't go into production until October but it seems rather odd for the changes to happen a few months into the production year.

Does anyone know for sure when they changes will be applied?

Last edited by icreate; 06-26-2014 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: added a question
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
GTAbimmerowner
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by icreate View Post

Navigation is standard

Premium Package now includes Soft Close doors
Price reduction by $700

Connected Drive w/RTTI no longer has 6NS (the phone dock and convenience connectivity)
Price reduction by $350

6NS is its own standalone option for $500

Premium seating now includes rear comfort seats instead of soft-close doors.

You can now order performance package for 35i as well as park assist.

All these changes are in Aug production.

Are you getting the 2015 with the same price that ordered 2014 for?

That was the first question I asked and I was told that the price and finance rate would be the same. I was given a 4% discount. By the sounds of it I should be going back to my dealer to look at the 2015 packages. I don't want to take a chance that there's some difference.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #9
Dazza72
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 35d

[QUOTE=icreate;16196103]Based on the documents I saw at the dealer this week:

Navigation is standard

I sure hope this isn't true because I'm not at all a fan of the LCD cluster. The red "OMG a bomb is about to explode" look when in sport mode just strikes me as highly gimmicky and I expect would be supremely annoying to look at after about 30 secs. I would like to be able to leave the car in sport mode a good portion of the time but I sure don't want to be looking at that all the time. Any way to code out that feature?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 10:42 PM   #10
icreate
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 35d M Sport

The dealer did not tell me. I saw the bulletin document and the order guide myself and it is now official that this cluster is standard on all the three engines in Canada. I did not see it yet but I assume if they make it standard, it should be ready for prime time.

[QUOTE=Dazza72;16196419]
Quote:
Originally Posted by icreate View Post

Navigation is standard

I sure hope this isn't true because I'm not at all a fan of the LCD cluster. The red "OMG a bomb is about to explode" look when in sport mode just strikes me as highly gimmicky and I expect would be supremely annoying to look at after about 30 secs. I would like to be able to leave the car in sport mode a good portion of the time but I sure don't want to be looking at that all the time. Any way to code out that feature?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #11
GTAbimmerowner
Private
Canada
Rep

I order my 2014 X5d in June. Told it will be ready late July. Dealer turns around and tells me it will be a 2015 build and won't be ready until September.

Now I'm told that in Canada the Extended Nappa is no longer available in the 2015 diesel models due to lack of demand in 2014!!!! WTF!!!!!

Extended Nappa was the one splurge I was most looking forward to. IMHO it just adds so much luxury to the cabin. My excitement for this vehicle has quickly turned to dismay.

Has anyone else come across this?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #12
busta1978
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 XDrive50i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAbimmerowner View Post
I order my 2014 X5d in June. Told it will be ready late July. Dealer turns around and tells me it will be a 2015 build and won't be ready until September.

Now I'm told that in Canada the Extended Nappa is no longer available in the 2015 diesel models due to lack of demand in 2014!!!! WTF!!!!!

Extended Nappa was the one splurge I was most looking forward to. IMHO it just adds so much luxury to the cabin. My excitement for this vehicle has quickly turned to dismay.

Has anyone else come across this?
My advice to you is to take the saving you would make by not spec-ing full nappa leather and putting that money into the nappa leather dashboard and contrast it with terra Dakota leather. Nappa will probably show scratches and wear and tear more readily. Plus you can also add active steering and harmon kardon. Oh and make sure you have the M Adaptive Suspension...it is sweeeeeeet (assuming you are getting the M Sport)....just picked up my ride earlier this week and am loving every second with it....I attach here a pic of my interior in case it helps with the decision
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #13
GTAbimmerowner
Private
Canada
Rep

Thanks, the pic helps. However, BMW Canada doesn't even allow the option of the Nappa dashboard. Total BS!!

If you can post any other pics of your interior that would be helpful. I have been looking at the Aluminum Hex but am leaning towards fine line pure as you've chosen.
Appreciate 0