BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-19-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 40e

PDC

When we place the order for our X5 (hopefully this coming week) we would like to consider picking it up at the PDC. It is about 550 miles from Spartanburg to home.

What is the process and what are the cons, if any?

For those who have done so was it a worthwhile experience?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Buckerine
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Isn't it PCD (Performance Center Delivery)? And here I thought you were talking about Park Distance Control.

My next car will be PCD for sure. Have heard nothing but great things about it. And the best part is that by doing PCD you can pretty much buy a car from any dealer in the country. That's probably one of the biggest benefits. I live in an area where the dealerships aren't selling X5s for $5-1000 over invoice. Had I known about PCD earlier, I would've gotten my F15 by shopping around the country first.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
we zoom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 sDrive35i

Do it, you will not regret it. It was one of the greatest motoring experience of my life. Your dealer will let you know all the details. We were 950 miles away, we flew in and was picked up at the airport by the hotel staff in a new BMW. From that minute and the next 24 hours was a great experience. Do it if you have the time.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #4
HansRobert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckerine View Post
Isn't it PCD (Performance Center Delivery)? And here I thought you were talking about Park Distance Control.

My next car will be PCD for sure. Have heard nothing but great things about it. And the best part is that by doing PCD you can pretty much buy a car from any dealer in the country. That's probably one of the biggest benefits. I live in an area where the dealerships aren't selling X5s for $5-1000 over invoice. Had I known about PCD earlier, I would've gotten my F15 by shopping around the country first.
Sorry about the the error! Too many acronyms coupled with poor typing and you get PDC as opposed to PCD!
Appreciate 0