Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Eek. Glad I got my full extended warranty to 84k miles. At 25k now!
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 11:09 AM   #24
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 xDrive 35i

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Went into the garage today and found the back end slammed. As soon as I opened the door it started filling back up. Once out of the garage, it was at normal ride height again. Do I need to be concerned?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #25
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmov View Post
Went into the garage today and found the back end slammed. As soon as I opened the door it started filling back up. Once out of the garage, it was at normal ride height again. Do I need to be concerned?
Sounds like the airbags are leaking slowly. I would have them checked out and replaced if necessary.

When your car is on, the compressor will be working continuously. It is not designed to do this. You will shorten the live expectancy of the air compressor significantly and when it fails you'll be looking at a much more expensive repair. The compressor is almost $1000 plus labor.
Russmov1328.00
      01-06-2019, 11:53 AM   #26
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Quote:
Sounds like the airbags are leaking slowly. I would have them checked out and replaced if necessary.

When your car is on, the compressor will be working continuously. It is not designed to do this. You will shorten the live expectancy of the air compressor significantly and when it fails you'll be looking at a much more expensive repair. The compressor is almost $1000 plus labor.
Hmm alright I will have my buddy take a look for me. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #27
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Would it set off any codes if it was leaking or tell me there's a malfunction?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #28
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If it's leaking slowly there won't be any codes, it'll just be the visual tells like you said found your airbags deflated overnight. If you park the car for say a month or two, then it's normal for the airbags to be deflated slightly. If it totally deflates overnight that is abnormal.

If the air compressor fails you'll get a drivetrain malfunction. Might get lucky and it'll just be a blown fuse. Unlucky will mean compressor motor failure.
Russmov1328.00
      01-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #29
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
If it's leaking slowly there won't be any codes, it'll just be the visual tells like you said found your airbags deflated overnight. If you park the car for say a month or two, then it's normal for the airbags to be deflated slightly. If it totally deflates overnight that is abnormal.

If the air compressor fails you'll get a drivetrain malfunction. Might get lucky and it'll just be a blown fuse. Unlucky will mean compressor motor failure.
Hopefully if any of that happens it will be covered under my extended warranty. 🤞🏻 it was just a one off fluke. If it's down again Tomorrow I'll take it in.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 04:49 PM   #30
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hopefully if any of that happens it will be covered under my extended warranty. 🤞🏻 it was just a one off fluke. If it's down again Tomorrow I'll take it in.
Thanks
Don't hold your breath. Suspension components aren't covered under extended warranty as they're considered wear parts. But idk what warranty you have. I know none of the bmw ones do.

Also arnott makes replacement bags and sells on eBay for like $120 a pop. BMW wants $300 a piece and that's discounted on wholesale. There's a thread showing how to do yourself. Not hard and maybe 2-3 hours of work.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 04:56 PM   #31
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks
Don't hold your breath. Suspension components aren't covered under extended warranty as they're considered wear parts. But idk what warranty you have. I know none of the bmw ones do.

Also arnott makes replacement bags and sells on eBay for like $120 a pop. BMW wants $300 a piece and that's discounted on wholesale. There's a thread showing how to do yourself. Not hard and maybe 2-3 hours of work.
I have a third party one, I should get out my paper work and take a look
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #32
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

If I bought them again I'd probably go with the X5M ones as I'm lowered and this would allow me lower rear without being too bouncy. Basically just a smaller bladder that when full and stiff sits lower.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      01-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #33
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

If I bought them again I'd probably go with the X5M ones as I'm lowered and this would allow me lower rear without being too bouncy. Basically just a smaller bladder that when full and stiff sits lower.
Do they fit the same? Or only if you are lowered?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #34
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

They will fit the same but they will lower the rear m just like the M.

Arnott is direct replacement for F15
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2019, 08:09 PM   #35
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

I'll take a look at them. If I buy the regular ones locally they are 245 Canadian a piece. I looked at rock auto, even with shipping comes out to 370 for both. I may go that route if I need them.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 03:20 PM   #36
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

I'll take a look at them. If I buy the regular ones locally they are 245 Canadian a piece. I looked at rock auto, even with shipping comes out to 370 for both. I may go that route if I need them.
Arnott is currently $280 for both on Prime.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #37
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

I just looked, not finding them on the Canadian site. Must only be for the U.S
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 04:28 PM   #38
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

Try from arnott directly.

Arnott A-2642 Set of 2 Rear Left and Right Air Springs for BMW X5 & X6 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FKP2VP4..._Ak9mCbT74STK0

https://www.arnottindustries.com/air...-left-or-right
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #39
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

Arnott A-2642 Set of 2 Rear Left and Right Air Springs for BMW X5 & X6 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FKP2VP4..._Ak9mCbT74STK0
Are they the same from the E70 to the F15?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #40
Russmov
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Looks like rock auto is still significantly cheaper for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 07:04 PM   #41
Sedoy
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10

Yes they are regardless that oem have different part numbers

Quote:
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      01-07-2019, 07:19 PM   #42
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Bet it's arnott. 🤘

Yup
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      01-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #43
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

https://www.arnottindustries.com/air...-left-or-right
Do they really have a lifetime warranty?
      01-07-2019, 09:32 PM   #44
Localbrew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

Looks like mine is failing as well, it's on the driver side and it's hit or miss. Seems to be only when parked on uneven surfaces or dirt terrain. I'm taking it in on Monday, I just don't know how they will see if it's bad if it only does it randomly.

Any thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0