BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #331
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Driver View Post
Hi my friend retrofit the lcd cluster, now the hud not work, if i code the VO for the LCD cluster do the hud work after coding? thanks
You must VO code both Dekombi and HU_NBT. I have stated this before as has Shawn Sheridan. You will not be able to have HUD turn signal fdl coding once you have 6WB installed.
      10-24-2014, 01:52 AM   #332
BB-Driver
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
You must VO code both Dekombi and HU_NBT. I have stated this before as has Shawn Sheridan. You will not be able to have HUD turn signal fdl coding once you have 6WB installed.
Ok VO for the LCD Cluster is 6WB and for the HUD? Do you know why the HUD stop working after retrofit the lcd cluster?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 02:01 AM   #333
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-Driver View Post
Ok VO for the LCD Cluster is 6WB and for the HUD? Do you know why the HUD stop working after retrofit the lcd cluster?
The only reason for HUD VO coding is to be safe. When I did mine with only VO Coding Dekombi, everything worked with no issues EXCEPT navigation showing on the cluster. This is obviously NEEDED when we navigate or else you won't see street names pop up because this type of information only appears on our clusters and not on the iDrive - only the map appears on the iDrive. Make sense? So, @shawnsheridan told me to VO Code HU_NBT also and fdl code this parameter if the navigation still did not pop up:

HU_NBT > KOMBI_CIC > change kombi_mid to kombi_high.

This is also why Bimmer-Tech offers to code for free when you buy from them and why I myself offered to help anyone that needed help via Team Viewer if they ran into trouble with this part.

As for HUD Turn Signals - this is something people CODE. It's not a stock setting that is enabled. What it does is show you your turn signal blinkers in your HUD. This feature is no longer codeable with the 6WB. Why? I have no clue nor do many of the big coders of Bimmerpost/Bimmerfest. Blame BMW. Here's a good discussion that discusses the HUD turn signals: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=645540

You still have regular turn signals and they are plenty bright/loud on the new 6WB. I never had HUD so I upgraded without any worry/concern.

Wenn Sie in Schwierigkeiten, PM mich . (Google Translate is my friend)

Last edited by opasha; 10-24-2014 at 02:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #334
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Updated the Coding list with a new code! This is a great feature if you don't have surround view so you can see exactly how far you are from a curb, concrete stopper, or garage wall!

Rear View Camera Zoom (thank you @LesAshmore): So, this allows a downward vertical zoom from the rear view camera supposedly from the trailer hitch perspective. It's great for checking how close you are to an object when you reverse.

HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > MACRO_TRAILER_COUPLING > nicht_aktiv to aktiv

Pics: I've shown what the rear image looks like with the rear view camera followed by the tow hitch view.

10-25-2014, 07:02 PM   #335
junbin
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

This is probably a stupid question.. but how do you get the guidelines to show up in the rear view camera display?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #336
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbin View Post
This is probably a stupid question.. but how do you get the guidelines to show up in the rear view camera display?
No question is stupid, buddy. You see the two P's in the camera section? The top P with the curves is for the parking sensors (that button you see in your console next to your shift knob) and the one below is for the lines.
      10-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #337
junbin
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Holy crap.. it's been staring at me all this time... Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #338
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbin View Post
Holy crap.. it's been staring at me all this time... Thanks!
Any time
      10-26-2014, 12:39 AM   #339
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Has anyone compared before and after pictures of LED halo ring brightness code? I see more and more LED X5's on the road, and from distance they don't look like BMW at all. I think main reason is the dual lights with LEDs, at least with Xenons, you still have one full ring (inner rings with no headlight). LEDs still catch your eye but not as a BMW, so I was wondering if there are any pictures from same spot with & without coded brighter rings.
      10-29-2014, 01:20 AM   #340
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Added videos in the OP for ESYS F15 Coding Instructions and Transmitter Application for Clearing All DTCs in their respective places. I will add FA with VO coding tomorrow at some point, hopefully. I'm very please with the quality. Turns out SNAGIT is useful after all . Choose 1440p for the best quality. Also, I apologize for the fan noise. The Surface Pro 3 gets noisy when doing that many tasks at once, unfortunately despite being i5, 256gb hd, and 8gb ram.

Last edited by opasha; 10-29-2014 at 01:27 AM..
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2014, 07:41 AM   #341
radarguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440ix, 2023 X3 M40ix

@opasha - Excellent videos. Thank you.
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #342
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Quote:
Added videos in the OP for ESYS F15 Coding Instructions and Transmitter Application for Clearing All DTCs in their respective places. I will add FA with VO coding tomorrow at some point, hopefully. I'm very please with the quality. Turns out SNAGIT is useful after all . Choose 1440p for the best quality. Also, I apologize for the fan noise. The Surface Pro 3 gets noisy when doing that many tasks at once, unfortunately despite being i5, 256gb hd, and 8gb ram.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2014, 12:55 PM   #343
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:

This is hands down the best coding tutorial video online. Just covers about anything you'd want to learn.

BMW guru Omar has showered us with his blessing once again.

Good work!
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #344
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I hope it makes things easier for everyone!
      10-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #345
Nkbm82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750i

Thank you for taking the time to make such an amazing video Omar! I think I'll take a crack at it myself to add somethings that weren't added when paid to have my car coded.
Appreciate 2
      10-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #346
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

One small request, if you can please change the video setting so it is not unlisted. I understand the privacy aspect, but this is too good of a gem to be discovered incidentally.
      10-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #347
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scnick82 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to make such an amazing video Omar! I think I'll take a crack at it myself to add somethings that weren't added when paid to have my car coded.
My pleasure, Nick . If you have any trouble or need any help with the process, feel free to PM me. I'm more than happy to assist you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
One small request, if you can please change the video setting so it is not unlisted. I understand the privacy aspect, but this is too good of a gem to be discovered incidentally.
I do have a thing for privacy, which is why I left it that way. I'll be uploading the cluster removal tutorial with necessary tools in a video (this might end up showing my face if I don't get someone to record for me while I open it up) since I was asked about this, and I'm not sure how it works when people can view all my videos on my profile page - I don't advertise who I am to the general public. That's also why I chose a separate account name (HULK) for this setup. I made this mainly for you guys in the F15/F16 forums. You're more than welcome to share my video with whomever you like, though . My apologies in advance.
      10-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #348
c3uo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Awesome! Thank you very much. I had a lot of trepidation with coding, but this is a huge help.

Great asset to the forum...
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #349
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3uo View Post
Awesome! Thank you very much. I had a lot of trepidation with coding, but this is a huge help.

Great asset to the forum...
You're very welcome. Glad it helps!
      10-30-2014, 12:55 AM   #350
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Just watched the videos, really good, clear instructions including text on the side in case someone doesn't have good English! Pretty good recording too, except for the sound, I had to use VLC and boost it %160 on top of %100 on my laptop.

Questions:
Why would ambient light go out? Is it because you coded something related to it, or is it purely because iDrive is coding / rebooting, etc?

What causes the CEL to come on? Is it coding that is not supposed to exist, for example coding something with 08 while max value iDrive is expecting 04? Then you clear the CEL but you wouldn't be able to tell the reason, or can you?

One very good suggestion was to code by folder and then code FDL after each change, this way you can tell where you screwed up or where you are having error codes in the confirmation dialog, instead of having to go through all changes you just made.

What version is your eSYS software?

I think you've been thanked enough but you have no idea how much this visual guide helps.

PS: My Target selector is completely empty.
Edit: I think I skipped this part:
Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04) If existing "psdzdata" folder exists in "C:\Data\" (i.e. "C:\Data\psdzdata") DELETE it.
05) Copy downloaded "psdzdata" folder to "C:\Data\" (i.e. "C:\Data\psdzdata")
*NOTE: Do NOT Copy new psdzdata folder onto older esiting psdzdata folder (merging them) as you end up with corrupt PSdZData as a result.

Last edited by hyde; 10-30-2014 at 01:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 06:49 AM   #351
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Just watched the videos, really good, clear instructions including text on the side in case someone doesn't have good English! Pretty good recording too, except for the sound, I had to use VLC and boost it %160 on top of %100 on my laptop.

Questions:
Why would ambient light go out? Is it because you coded something related to it, or is it purely because iDrive is coding / rebooting, etc?

What causes the CEL to come on? Is it coding that is not supposed to exist, for example coding something with 08 while max value iDrive is expecting 04? Then you clear the CEL but you wouldn't be able to tell the reason, or can you?

One very good suggestion was to code by folder and then code FDL after each change, this way you can tell where you screwed up or where you are having error codes in the confirmation dialog, instead of having to go through all changes you just made.

What version is your eSYS software?

I think you've been thanked enough but you have no idea how much this visual guide helps.

PS: My Target selector is completely empty.
Edit: I think I skipped this part:
Thanks, @hyde . My apologies about the sound. I realized this shortly after. I always use VLC to play my files so maybe that's why I didn't notice it earlier. The fan noise was evident and the sound wasn't a detailed because 1) the microphone is on the back next to the camera 2) I had the back of the SP3 resting against the steering wheel 3) I positioned my seat in the farther back setting so my arm didn't get fatigued while using my bluetooth mouse on the arm rest.

1) Ambient Lighting: As I explained, every time you fdl code or VO code any ECU, it will reboot/restart/refresh. So naturally, when we do HU_NBT, the iDrive reboots, the splash screen is seen, and you lose sound settings. For BDC_Body, a lot is going on that we can't visually see upon reboot, but Ambient lighting is visible because they are lights, lol. They are rebooting themselves. We don't realize/notice it on other stuff because AC is completely different ECU, Instrument Cluster is Dekombi, and iDrive is HU_NBT - so they are not affected by any BDC_Body change so their lights stay on. I hope that makes sense.

2) CEL (Check Engine Light) errors only come on from anything related to your engine, plain and simple. The best example is my own car, which you all have seen. When my previous mechanic (I no longer go to him) used the wrong cable to install into the MAP sensor and I also tried re-installing into the MAF sensor like BMS installation. What happened? CEL . If something is incorrectly installed or wrong with anything in your hood area, you will get a CEL. Obviously I fixed that by taking apart my engine and installing it with the correct cable into the two MAP sensors. CEL was eliminated. Sometimes, CEL does not remove itself after you have fixed everything until you start driving a good few miles. The quickest way to get rid of it obviously without having to drive your car to reset itself is simply using the Transmitter application and Clear All DTCs.

If you code something with your iDrive or BDC_Body, you will not get a CEL. CEL is only engine related. The best example for Werte/Value change is ambient lighting or headlights. We have dived into this and I know how to change both. The max parameter for 100% light is 64. If you change it to anything higher, you will only get 64 output. You cannot get light beyond 100%. So that makes no difference. You will not get an error, but if you do, your light will just not turn on and that will tell you, "hey, my car doesn't like that value, time to go back and reset it to the default or try something lower."

3) ESYS SOFTWARE and PSDZData files - I mentioned this in the OP - you need 3.24.3 or higher for ESYS and 50.0 or higher for PSDZData files. I am running ESYS 3.24.3. My PSDZData files are version 53.0. I think 54.0 is out now - maybe even something higher. I should update that on mine as well . PM shawnsheridan or r33 for the latest software everybody! @shawnsheridan, @r33, can one of you PM me the latest data files. Thank you.

If you run into any issues, just let me know, and I'll try to help you as best as I can either through explaining it here or over Team Viewer.

PS: I will be recording the FA/VO coding video today. So that will be up by this afternoon/evening. I'll do my best to improve the sound by speaking louder/closer. Again, my apologies for that . This is actually my very first time doing such video recording believe it or not.
      10-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #352
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, @hyde . My apologies about the sound. I realized this shortly after. I always use VLC to play my files so maybe that's why I didn't notice it earlier. The fan noise was evident and the sound wasn't a detailed because 1) the microphone is on the back next to the camera 2) I had the back of the SP3 resting against the steering wheel 3) I positioned my seat in the farther back setting so my arm didn't get fatigued while using my bluetooth mouse on the arm rest.

1) Ambient Lighting: As I explained, every time you fdl code or VO code any ECU, it will reboot/restart/refresh. So naturally, when we do HU_NBT, the iDrive reboots, the splash screen is seen, and you lose sound settings. For BDC_Body, a lot is going on that we can't visually see upon reboot, but Ambient lighting is visible because they are lights, lol. They are rebooting themselves. We don't realize/notice it on other stuff because AC is completely different ECU, Instrument Cluster is Dekombi, and iDrive is HU_NBT - so they are not affected by any BDC_Body change so their lights stay on. I hope that makes sense.

2) CEL (Check Engine Light) errors only come on from anything related to your engine, plain and simple. The best example is my own car, which you all have seen. When my previous mechanic (I no longer go to him) used the wrong cable to install into the MAP sensor and I also tried re-installing into the MAF sensor like BMS installation. What happened? CEL . If something is incorrectly installed or wrong with anything in your hood area, you will get a CEL. Obviously I fixed that by taking apart my engine and installing it with the correct cable into the two MAP sensors. CEL was eliminated. Sometimes, CEL does not remove itself after you have fixed everything until you start driving a good few miles. The quickest way to get rid of it obviously without having to drive your car to reset itself is simply using the Transmitter application and Clear All DTCs.

If you code something with your iDrive or BDC_Body, you will not get a CEL. CEL is only engine related. The best example for Werte/Value change is ambient lighting or headlights. We have dived into this and I know how to change both. The max parameter for 100% light is 64. If you change it to anything higher, you will only get 64 output. You cannot get light beyond 100%. So that makes no difference. You will not get an error, but if you do, your light will just not turn on and that will tell you, "hey, my car doesn't like that value, time to go back and reset it to the default or try something lower."

3) ESYS SOFTWARE and PSDZData files - I mentioned this in the OP - you need 3.24.3 or higher for ESYS and 50.0 or higher for PSDZData files. I am running ESYS 3.24.3. My PSDZData files are version 53.0. I think 54.0 is out now - maybe even something higher. I should update that on mine as well . PM shawnsheridan or r33 for the latest software everybody! @shawnsheridan, @r33, can one of you PM me the latest data files. Thank you.

If you run into any issues, just let me know, and I'll try to help you as best as I can either through explaining it here or over Team Viewer.

PS: I will be recording the FA/VO coding video today. So that will be up by this afternoon/evening. I'll do my best to improve the sound by speaking louder/closer. Again, my apologies for that . This is actually my very first time doing such video recording believe it or not.
Thank you so much, do not worry about the sound, everyone can just crank their speakers, I was on a laptop hence the volume issue. Otherwise don't worry.

As for the versions, I think I am all set then, it matches your e-Sys version and my PSDZData folder says it is v.53.5.