BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

Yesterday, 07:41 PM   #1
opam
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / F15

Tpms reset option grey (not available) after cluster chage

Thanks god I found this forum, I apologize if this was not the right place to express my problem. but this is my first time in a forum.

I own a BMW X5/F15 Xdrive 3.0d awd year 2014, almost a year ago I decide to buy and instal a Chinese digital cluster to give a modern look to my vehicle.
Imediately after I installed the digital cluster, I checked vehicle function to see if everything was working propertly, and everything was fine except for the efficient dynamic chart which keep "calculating" andno chart, and the Tire preassure monitor on the idrive was not working either, all 4 wheel turns from green with oem cluster to grey when I installed the chinese cluster, so when to tpms reset and this option was also grey and not available. I was willing to sacrifice this option for the nice looking of the interior with the new cluster..so I left it like that.

a couple of weeks ago I got a flat tire, I was happy becasue the chinese digital cluster gave me the warning light and also show me the vheicle drawing with correct flat tire, even though in the idrive didn't show anything just 4 grey tires.
I fixed the tire but since reset tpms option is grey and not unavailable, I Still have the warning on chinese cluster. which is driving me crazy.., then I notice I can not change the driving mode to ECO (which is my prefered), driving mode is stuck on CONFORT, everytime I change it to either ECO or SPORT it rolls back to CONFORT. I read over the internet this is due to the flat tire warning.......So I went to the dealership so they can reset the flat tire with the scanner tool. but unfortunatelly when they tried to read the TPMS, the scanner shows an error stating can not comunicate with vehicle ECU. and another error stating that cluster can not comunicate with CIC........So I installed back the oem cluster everything was working flawless even the efficient dynamic, which was not working with the chinese cluster was now working again, but TPMS RESET option which keep in grey and unselectable. I decide to go back to the dealership and they were unable to reset the tpms with the scanner tool eventhough I have installed te oem cluster.

my vehicle does not have TPMS sensors on the wheels, So I assume is FTM and use the ABS

I would like to point that dealer was able to read all other vehicles parameter with the scanner excelpt for the tpms, vehicle has no more errors, and everything in the IDRIVE is working flawless

Now, I do not know what else to do, I still have the warning on the cluster and driving mode stuck on confort.

I will greatly appreciate any help from you.

Last edited by opam; Yesterday at 07:54 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #2
ooshnoo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i and 2018 X5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i  [10.00]
You don’t have TPMS sensors? I’m confused…