01-04-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

F15 X5 Individual in the US?

Was perusing my dealers website today and saw this:

Interior Color: Smoke White Ext Merino Leather

They have this in stock! Didn't know it was even an option in the USA?

http://www.schompbmw.com/new/BMW/201...a01b411290.htm
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #2
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post

There's a bunch of dealers who received Individual exterior and interior X5's and X6's recently. They're all seemingly optioned identically, just with some variance on interior color.

Almost all of the X6's are Pearl Silver with Smoke or Brown interiors and piano black trim and the M Sport package. Here is one example: http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...6334/overview/
All with $94,225 sticker prices.

Almost all the X5's are Ruby or Azurite Black with the same Smoke or Brown interiors, piano black trim and BMW Individual steering wheels and door sill plates. Here's an example: http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...3709/overview/
Most with $88,695 stickers.

I'm not sure how seriously I'd consider these cars, even with a hefty discount, because with the individual interiors, you lose seat ventilation (no perforated leather) and the special paint and interiors add ~$5k to the price of the car that you'll never get back on resale. You could swing B&O or a couple of other nice options for that amount. You have to really love Pearl Silver or Azurite black. The smoke interior is so similar to the Ivory White or Oyster interiors, I wouldn't bother with it.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 01:36 AM   #3
sdalpha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 30 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

I'm not sure how seriously I'd consider these cars, even with a hefty discount, because with the individual interiors, you lose seat ventilation (no perforated leather) and the special paint and interiors add ~$5k to the price of the car that you'll never get back on resale. You could swing B&O or a couple of other nice options for that amount. You have to really love Pearl Silver or Azurite black. The smoke interior is so similar to the Ivory White or Oyster interiors, I wouldn't bother with it.
I'm on the fence if I would go with an Individual configuration. One one hand, your car would be different from the sea of standard color BMWs out there while keeping factory warranty and OEM paint/leather. On the other hand, as you stated, you don't get it back in resale. It may also be less desirable by other buyers when you decide you want to sell the car. Part of me also feels that if I'm paying the premium for Individual paint, I should get a color that isn't close to a standard factory color. But then the concerns regarding resale value and marketability become more of a concern.
      01-05-2016, 07:59 AM   #4
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
three dealers in my area have the same "individual" f15 on their lot. i was told by the leading dealer my area that i could order individual to customize the exact vehicle i want.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=19131851
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
Quote:

There's a bunch of dealers who received Individual exterior and interior X5's and X6's recently. They're all seemingly optioned identically, just with some variance on interior color.

Almost all of the X6's are Pearl Silver with Smoke or Brown interiors and piano black trim and the M Sport package. Here is one example: http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...6334/overview/
All with $94,225 sticker prices.

Almost all the X5's are Ruby or Azurite Black with the same Smoke or Brown interiors, piano black trim and BMW Individual steering wheels and door sill plates. Here's an example: http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...3709/overview/
Most with $88,695 stickers.

You can add ventilation and perforated seats to the individual extended leather (at least if you order from
Europe). A good friend of mine just ordered one, smoke white with white alcantara roof. Car is a m a z i n g, value for money, not so much, more like aomething exciting and special for those of us who got kinda bored with the existing setup. I will go that route next time I order. Perforated seats look best I must say.
Appreciate 1
      01-05-2016, 12:25 PM   #6
TonySCV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 M2; '21 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdalpha View Post
I'm on the fence if I would go with an Individual configuration. One one hand, your car would be different from the sea of standard color BMWs out there while keeping factory warranty and OEM paint/leather. On the other hand, as you stated, you don't get it back in resale. It may also be less desirable by other buyers when you decide you want to sell the car. Part of me also feels that if I'm paying the premium for Individual paint, I should get a color that isn't close to a standard factory color. But then the concerns regarding resale value and marketability become more of a concern.
I'd consider an Individual exterior color on an iconic BMW with an iconic color that has a history that an enthusiast would appreciate, like Laguna Seca Blue on an M3/4, or if I really wanted a color that was nothing close to anything BMW offered standard. That's really the only situation where you'd have a prayer of getting any of that cost back on resale. I wouldn't futz with it on an X5. Of course, if you don't care about recouping any of the cost, then by all means go for it . I agree with you that an Individual color that is so close to a standard color is not worth it. Just look at the listings for the individual X5's in Ruby Black. A bunch of dealers mislabeled it as Carbon Black, Azurite Black, Black Sapphire... it's too subtle to notice.

I wouldn't bother with individual interiors at all. You'll think it's special. No one else will, and nowadays the full leather options BMW are offering with their standard interiors coat just about every surface imaginable in leather, which is plenty lux enough for most anyone, and a relative bargain compared to an Individual interior.

Not to mention if you go Individual with paint and leather, you're optioning a loaded X5 or X6 5.0 within a few grand of a base X5M or X6M, which is nutso. Just get the M!

Of course, if you're going to buy a loaded up X5 or X6 and keep it for a decade, then get whatever you damn well want.
Appreciate 0