BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
cmflores19
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 50i M Sport

Hamann Exhaust

Hey guys,

I have an opportunity to secure a Hamann exhaust system for a supreme discount (3k miles on it) for my 2018 X5 50i. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of literature or views regarding the system itself and everyone’s experiences. Not a lot of videos either, just the silver 50i on this forum (which sounds nice).

Effectively, I am looking for something to add a bit of a growl to the car while keeping the classiness of the car intact. I don’t want it to be extremely loud or come off as a X5 trying too hard to be an M4/5 (previously came outt off a 2016 6-sp M4). Plus, the quad exhaust tips are a nice addition (hate the triangle cut outs).

How loud is this system? Are there others that I should consider (hate the oval cut outs for the AC)?

Appreciate any insight!

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
menelaos
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 F15

if this does not convince you, I don't know what will!

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmflores19 View Post
How loud is this system? Are there others that I should consider (hate the oval cut outs for the AC)?
I had it on the 50i for brief moment... My wife was the primary driver and she refused to use it while the exhaust was installed and would only use the LR4 or the RRSC. The 50i with the Hamann Exhaust was too loud for our taste but more so hers. At school drop-off she was embarrassed because she said "it sounds like it's broken... fix it." Long story short, if you're looking to go from low to high in term of volume and WOT exhaust note then this is definitely for you but if you are mainly using your vehicle for local duty, family events, or formal affairs I would say this is not for you.
Appreciate 2