02-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #23
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
Nice debating, using irrefutable facts to backup your argument, much respect.
What exactly are the facts proving? That more X5s are sold in the US than the EU? What is the point?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 11:04 AM   #24
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
What exactly are the facts proving? That more X5s are sold in the US than the EU? What is the point?
Read Gilly1964's post. He makes some interesting claims with no supporting data.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #25
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Does the large portion of the population think like this. So you pay more for a car and it's ok to expect less? This is the apple mentality where people have become conditioned to pay more for the name and not the actual product.
Huh? Are you actually saying that BMW and Apple customers have a “mentality” that they pay more for the name and not the actual product? If that’s the case then you clearly don’t get it.

Last edited by Chadmatic; 02-04-2018 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #26
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:
The other guy was saying that they don't have remote starts because the majority share of car sales foe the x5 occur in a country where there are strict idling laws.

Those figures provided proved that logic as silly as more sales are in the US. Even without those figures, that argument was stupid, car companies often change tweaks in cars country by country.

Can't believe this needed explaining.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #27
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:
Huh? Are you actually saying that BMW and Apple customers have a “mentality” that they pay more for the name and not the actual product? If that’s the case then you clearly don’t get it.
Wow, you're pointless to argue with. Certain amenities should be standard in 2018 and remote start is one, that is all everyone is saying. Bringing up Kia and other brands is pointless.

If you don't think Apple is overpriced for what you get, you must be an apple customer.
And yes, that is exactly the definition of a fanboy, people who will overlook things just because they love the brand name. Maybe 20 years ago BMW was good enough for that but now that they are just on par with so many other car brands, they don't get that benefit anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 12:45 PM   #28
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The other guy was saying that they don't have remote starts because the majority share of car sales foe the x5 occur in a country where there are strict idling laws.

Those figures provided proved that logic as silly as more sales are in the US. Even without those figures, that argument was stupid, car companies often change tweaks in cars country by country.

Can't believe this needed explaining.
You should read his posts again (#8 & #11), because the country with most sales wasn't the basis of his statement.

Quote:
Wow, you're pointless to argue with. Certain amenities should be standard in 2018 and remote start is one, that is all everyone is saying. Bringing up Kia and other brands is pointless.

If you don't think Apple is overpriced for what you get, you must be an apple customer.
And yes, that is exactly the definition of a fanboy, people who will overlook things just because they love the brand name. Maybe 20 years ago BMW was good enough for that but now that they are just on par with so many other car brands, they don't get that benefit anymore.
Then based on your statements above, you have defined yourself as a BMW fanboy.

If BMW is simply on par with the pack as you say, why are you paying the BMW premium, when you can get so much more from a Kia for far less money?

I paid the BMW premium because I felt like the F15 stood out from the pack as opposed to being on par with it. In my opinion it was better in many ways, in fact I tried to find a daily driver that could serve all of my needs that I would enjoy driving more in the same price category and nothing else even came close. The experience is greater than the sum of the parts.

To claim that everybody wants remote-start and it should be standard is ridiculous, most people couldn't care less about the feature. I would wager that if you had all F15/F85 owners list their favorite features in order, remote-start would consistently be at the bottom of that list. I would go so far as to say that most F15/F85 owners would rank features that don't currently exist over remote-start, features like hands-free liftgate operation for example.

Last edited by Chadmatic; 02-04-2018 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #29
Da X5
Rep
Drives: x 5

BMW should get with the program and it should not be that difficult to add to a vehicle at this day and age. I would have loved a remote start option myself. Also get comments from friends and family about the lack of this. Would not be a deal breaker when it's time to upgrade but will strongly affect my decision when the time comes. Just my thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 01:47 PM   #30
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep

I'm bracing myself pits200

Last edited by Chadmatic; 02-04-2018 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 03:16 PM   #31
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

It's clear BMW agrees there is a market for the remote start. They otherwise would not have created an OEM solution. The issue is that the implementation is garbage. Sacrificing a key for it and no control via app is silly.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=934287
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2018, 05:36 PM   #32
Gilly1964
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F15 30d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeTeeX5 View Post
Still nope. Nice try though. BMW came out with a remote start system so clearly felt there was a need. It just happened to be garbage, requiring an extra key, not functioning well and way overpriced.

Would love to see numbers showing Germany is a larger X5 market than the US.
Almost ready to concede, but not quite. Accept that what they came up with as a 'stop gap' was poo! But if you don't 'design it in', it always will be.

And, for the record, the WORLD market is a bit bigger than than the US! (As I think I made clear in my OP)
Appreciate 0