BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #23
CeeTeeX5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
No, it pretty much covers all. I know the regional bmw vp who gave me a great deal. I had to ask 3 different times to make sure I was hearing it right thst it was additional months and not total. But sure enough, this car will be covered till 2023 and 124k miles which is crazy to me. Additionally, the dealership will help with the claims since I purchased through them so it's great to have a middle man I can talk to in person vs those 3rd party warranties thay you only can call.
To clarify, an exclusionary warranty lists out what it doesn’t cove rather than what it does. Usually that makes it easier to understand what isn’t covered and generally an exclusionary warranty covers more.
Wheels: Winter - 469m; Summer - Vossen CV7 22s

2018 X1 28i M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 08:15 PM   #24
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemark1 View Post
Hello, did anyone buy extend warranty for their x5? I want to buy one for my 50i from BMW dealership. The best quote I got is $4800 for 72mth/100k platinum. Did anyone know if it is a good deal?
Thanks for sharing. By the way, is this with $50 deductible?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #25
onemark1
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkim View Post
Thanks for sharing. By the way, is this with $50 deductible?
yes. it is
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 11:42 PM   #26
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

What's up everyone? Been a member for several years and currently lurking in the X5 side. Last week I took my 2014 - 550xi m-sport into Tenafly BMW in New Jersey for service. I happened to look on their website the night before just to see what they had in inventory. To my surprise they had a 2015 X5 xdrive50i M-sport in Carbon Black with Mocha Nappa Leather which is the same as my 2014-550xi m-sport.

The SAV is loaded including Bang & Olufsen sound. No sport suspension or any of the night vision or lane departure warning options which I'm fine with. I dropped off my car and walked over to the CPO office and asked to see the SAV. It was a new arrival and was not fully detailed yet. I test drove it and checked it out up and down. I really liked it and was loving the fact that it was the same color as my car.

Make a long story short, after wheeling and dealing for a bit I ended up trading my car in for the truck. I'm still surprised I did it myself but I could not let this one go. Except for a few small cosmetic scratches and dings, that were fixed, the truck looked and drove like new. It was a lease return with only 9,054 miles. MSRP in 2015 - 88,950. I'm really liking being up high and able to see everything when driving. It really feels like it has more power than my previous 550xi.

During the finance I was offered the warranty for the same prices you guys are stating. $4800 for one year and $6200 for two. I currently have 2 years left on the warranty so I'm also on the fence and looking for a more reasonable offer. From reading all of these posts it appears it's the same price everywhere.
      03-02-2018, 01:25 AM   #27
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick2 View Post
What's up everyone? Been a member for several years and currently lurking in the X5 side. Last week I took my 2014 - 550xi m-sport into Tenafly BMW in New Jersey for service. I happened to look on their website the night before just to see what they had in inventory. To my surprise they had a 2015 X5 xdrive50i M-sport in Carbon Black with Mocha Nappa Leather which is the same as my 2014-550xi m-sport.

The SAV is loaded including Bang & Olufsen sound. No sport suspension or any of the night vision or lane departure warning options which I'm fine with. I dropped off my car and walked over to the CPO office and asked to see the SAV. It was a new arrival and was not fully detailed yet. I test drove it and checked it out up and down. I really liked it and was loving the fact that it was the same color as my car.

Make a long story short, after wheeling and dealing for a bit I ended up trading my car in for the truck. I'm still surprised I did it myself but I could not let this one go. Except for a few small cosmetic scratches and dings, that were fixed, the truck looked and drove like new. It was a lease return with only 9,054 miles. MSRP in 2015 - 88,950. I'm really liking being up high and able to see everything when driving. It really feels like it has more power than my previous 550xi.

During the finance I was offered the warranty for the same prices you guys are stating. $4800 for one year and $6200 for two. I currently have 2 years left on the warranty so I'm also on the fence and looking for a more reasonable offer. From reading all of these posts it appears it's the same price everywhere.
Wow, congrats on your new purchase. It's really funny how you walked in not planning to swap and came out with same color X5
Yeah, higher sitting position is so good, it's almost like a whole new experience. I love trucks/SAVs for that and imho they are safer if god forbid something happens. Probably a bit more luggage space too in x5
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #28
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Wow, congrats on your new purchase. It's really funny how you walked in not planning to swap and came out with same color X5
Yeah, higher sitting position is so good, it's almost like a whole new experience. I love trucks/SAVs for that and imho they are safer if god forbid something happens. Probably a bit more luggage space too in x5
Thanks DuSH.. How ironic that I went through with the purchase and trade in. I'm not truck guy at all but it has been on my mind for a while now. I did trade in nice 550 with only 31,000 miles. It was in beautiful shape as well. I had 1 year warranty left on the car. Now I have two on the SAV but I am concerned about warranty after so I'll keep monitoring these posts to see if anyone finds a good plan.

I wonder if we can get a two year extended warranty, for a really good price at BMW, if we went in as a group in one shot?
      03-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #29
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks DuSH.. How ironic that I went through with the purchase and trade in. I'm not truck guy at all but it has been on my mind for a while now. I did trade in nice 550 with only 31,000 miles. It was in beautiful shape as well. I had 1 year warranty left on the car. Now I have two on the SAV but I am concerned about warranty after so I'll keep monitoring these posts to see if anyone finds a good plan.

I wonder if we can get a two year extended warranty, for a really good price at BMW, if we went in as a group in one shot?
Yeah some sort of group buy would be great.
By the way, if I understood correctly your x5 has only 9k miles?! That's like almost new car. One forum member here has 77k miles and no issues with his 50i (knock on the wood). I have 30k miles and no issues at all too. At your mileage I wouldn't worry too much, unless it's some sort of factory defect, but it would have been obvious by now.
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2018, 12:37 AM   #30
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Yeah some sort of group buy would be great.
By the way, if I understood correctly your x5 has only 9k miles?! That's like almost new car. One forum member here has 77k miles and no issues with his 50i (knock on the wood). I have 30k miles and no issues at all too. At your mileage I wouldn't worry too much, unless it's some sort of factory defect, but it would have been obvious by now.
DuSH, isn't that crazy? The SAV had 9,054 miles when I bought it. Turns out I found an envelope with the previous owners name and address and the original salesman from Tenafly BMW in the owners manual case. I looked him up and he still works there. The SAV was a Manhattan car with a very affluent previous address. I could see it being a weekend Hamptons get away car based on the mileage. This sucker sat in a parking lot most of it's 3 years. I'm extremely happy with the car so far. I'm taking baby steps towards mods. lol
      03-07-2018, 09:21 AM   #31
perry8912
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

To be honest, besides the engine, the air suspension system on this car is the thing I worry most, and the air bag will leak eventually. So the extended warranty still a good thing.
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      03-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #32
aracka
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 X50i

Quote:
DuSH, isn't that crazy? The SAV had 9,054 miles when I bought it. Turns out I found an envelope with the previous owners name and address and the original salesman from Tenafly BMW in the owners manual case. I looked him up and he still works there. The SAV was a Manhattan car with a very affluent previous address. I could see it being a weekend Hamptons get away car based on the mileage. This sucker sat in a parking lot most of it's 3 years. I'm extremely happy with the car so far. I'm taking baby steps towards mods. lol
nice pick up slick rick - i had a similar experience in January. Picked up my X5 50i (allbeit luxury line, fully loaded w/ all the bells and whistles minus b&o) from open road in edison. only 4500 miles! i think previous owner used it for a pharmacy delivery business. I got the extended warranty for 2 additional years on top of the originoal 5 year unlmited miles warranty. it only cost me 3500, but i kind of negotiated the price of the warranty and the car together so i got the whole package for my price.

needless to say i jumped on the buy given the extremely low miles and i thought it was a rare find! glad you also picked this up!
      03-07-2018, 11:19 AM   #33
DuSh
Colonel
Rep

Yeah, as it was mentioned air suspension may require some $$ down the road. Another thing is steering wheel servo adjustments often stop working. AFAIK these are the only 2 things that may fail in the long run (also, DHP too, as it involves hydraulics, if you are lucky to have that package). Warranty is always good to have. I just don't think personally for me it's worth paying $5-6k - as I don't drive much and I have basic spring suspension. I set steering wheel to the default position where it's not required to move on startup and I can drive comfortably in that position.
Even valve stem seals issue is not as common on n63tu as it turns out according to SA at BMW dealership (they had many n63 engines with that issue, but no n63tu yet).
My philosophy is that I bought a used car and for simple repairs and maintenance I can use any indy shop - it doesn't take rocket scientists to change brake pads or oil. I order OEM parts and liquids online, except when aftermarket parts are known to be better (like some brake pads for example).
That been said if I was to drive a lot, everyday to work and I or my family was dependent on my car - I would have bought warranty for sure.
Appreciate 1
perry8912101.00
      03-07-2018, 11:30 AM   #34
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracka View Post
nice pick up slick rick - i had a similar experience in January. Picked up my X5 50i (allbeit luxury line, fully loaded w/ all the bells and whistles minus b&o) from open road in edison. only 4500 miles! i think previous owner used it for a pharmacy delivery business. I got the extended warranty for 2 additional years on top of the originoal 5 year unlmited miles warranty. it only cost me 3500, but i kind of negotiated the price of the warranty and the car together so i got the whole package for my price.

needless to say i jumped on the buy given the extremely low miles and i thought it was a rare find! glad you also picked this up!
Thanks Aracka, same to you. Space grey one of my fav colors. Great mileage as well!