BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-16-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
BobBeau
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Lowering questions with self leveling rear

Hello all! Newb here. Picked up a '15 X5 50i Msport a few weeks ago. After getting a few issues taken care of... I really do love this SAV. I've made use of the search feature so forgive me if I've overlooked a similar thread. THE WHEEL WELL GAP... it bothers me. Not so much in the rear but definitely up front. I don't want anything drastic, just something subtle. I've been researching the Eibach and ACS and have some questions. My last car was a CTS-V-coupe with Eibach's on it and was surprised the ride was better than stock after the install. So my experience with Eibach has been very good. On that note, the stock springs on the V were linear and the Eibachs were progressive. I read somewhere that the stock springs on the F15 are not progressive and the Eibachs are. Where as the ACS are not progressive just like the stock springs. I do have the self leveling rear so I won't require rear springs. Will putting progressive rate springs on the F15 cause problems down the line? Just trying to figure out the best way to go. Also, how much should I expect to pay to get the 2 front springs installed along with the rear links?

Also, has anyone installed 2 front springs without the rear links? If so, how does this look?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #2
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Welcome and congrats on your new ride. Am still waiting on my Eibach springs to arrive, so ill answer you based on my research and the reviews.

Their ride is on par maybe better than OEM, the pice is around $220 for front springs alone shipped from Germany. The rear links you can get from eBay for $68 (Metal links). I think the rear is equally in desperate need to be lowered, those are the awesome rear links:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/BMW-X6-QUALIT...UAAMXQDrJRzEJp
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 12:48 AM   #3
BobBeau
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Welcome and congrats on your new ride. Am still waiting on my Eibach springs to arrive, so ill answer you based on my research and the reviews.

Their ride is on par maybe better than OEM, the pice is around $220 for front springs alone shipped from Germany. The rear links you can get from eBay for $68 (Metal links). I think the rear is equally in desperate need to be lowered, those are the awesome rear links:

Thanks for the reply. What is the Eibach model # you ordered and from where? I just ordered the ACS springs but may have time to cancel shipping as it looks like I can save quite a bit of money going your route.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2018, 07:21 AM   #4
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBeau View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post

Thanks for the reply. What is the Eibach model # you ordered and from where? I just ordered the ACS springs but may have time to cancel shipping as it looks like I can save quite a bit of money going your route.
http://tunershop.de

Just email your order to Alexander and he will send you a Paypal bill:

alexander.moll@tunershop.com
Appreciate 0