BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-14-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
BGR
Captain
Rep
Drives: C7 GS 7MT; e90 M3 6MT

Adding Subwoofer To F15 HK?

Curious if the hardware/process is the same as the F30/80 Harman Kardon?

Basically, tap into speaker line for signal, aux line to trigger remote wire, and utilize the LC2i to control the bass levels?

There is a lot of space in the storage area under the rear cargo floor to put a small subwoofer/amp to fill in some of the low end, and I believe the battery is also back there allowing for easy wiring.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #2
fosterelli
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xDrive35i M-Sport

I believe you'll find cleaner signal via input leading to the factory amp, rather than tapping the amplifier speaker signal leading out to the speakers.

I put a small sub & amp in our MB W212 this way (tapped inbound signal going into factory amp in the trunk). Had a remote sub dial in the center console for bass control. This was also an HK setup, and also had a battery in the boot for the start/stop. Very easy.

Did it for some bass in some cases, but we're not "bumping" by any means...just lacked factory bass in the W212 HK setup.