BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #1
JensM
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40D 2019

Pre-Premiere at Geneve Dealership yesterday

Well, currently owning a 2012 E70 30D MSport, so no plans of car change the first couple of years.

Got an invite for a pre-premiere evening Nov 14th at the major Geneve dealership.We went there and had a look at the new F15.
They only had two - both the 30D, one white and one metallic brown, none were the MSport version.

I have to say that in particular the white looks awesome. In real life the front really looks good - very massive. Back is a bit special, but is also winning in real life. Inside: This is really great and more upscale than our E70. Both were with sport seats and think they are better than the E70 sport seats, but still missing some of the adjustments possible in the comfort seats as we got in our E70.

One thing I notched and checked out with the BMW staff. The sales leaflets at each car were claiming 210Kw / 285HP and 600Nm from the 30D engine. All other places I have seen specs, they claim 190Kw / 258HP & 560Nm. The staff claimed their numbers are correct, so wondering if there already exist a tune for the 30D? I know they are also selling a lot of BMW with the 20D engine (184HP/380Nm) with 210HP/420Nm, but here they state this s with a "sports kit". If this is true, this version must be faster than the E70 with 40D engine having in mind the normal 258HP F15 have cut 0,7 sec of 0-100 compared to the E70 version.
Anyone else have seen / heard about a tune via BMW for this new 30D engine ?

Cheers
Jens
Appreciate 0