BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

03-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
SMC23
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Subaru XTrek / X5 40e

X5 Performance Center Delivery for BMW Canada purchased?

Hello,

Was wondering if I purchased an X5 35d from BMW Canada is there an option to take delivery at the Performance Center and drive back up to Toronto?

Also, would destination and/or PDI charges still apply in this case since we will be driving it back home? Does anyone know if there is an extra charge for this?

If anyone from Canada has done something similar to this that would be great to hear your experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #2
Crazykoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanido
Hello,

Was wondering if I purchased an X5 35d from BMW Canada is there an option to take delivery at the Performance Center and drive back up to Toronto?

Also, would destination and/or PDI charges still apply in this case since we will be driving it back home? Does anyone know if there is an extra charge for this?

If anyone from Canada has done something similar to this that would be great to hear your experience.
In the U.S., we still pay the destination charges. I believe that offsets the cost of pcd. I can't imagine that would be different for Canada. I don't see pcd on the bmw Canada site. Your best bet may be contacting bmw North America for an answer.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2015, 11:02 AM   #3
Babs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I agree, reach out to BMW North America directly to confirm. I am in the process of finalizing my relocating from Canada to the States. When I asked dealers in the U.S. and Canada, they indicated that the PCD option is only available to customers who have a U.S. address, and buy the U.S. model to drive in the States.
I can't imagine there being too much of an issue if you build and pay for the Canadian model at the Canadian price and then decide to take delivery in Spartanburg.

BMW NA will be the best source to confirm the possibilities. Let us know what they say.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #4
c3uo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

I am 99% sure they will not let us do factory delivery in Canada. It's ridiculous, we can do Euro delivery, but not Spartanburg delivery. At least that is what I was told. Check with BMW Canada or your dealer to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #5
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Absolutely not. BMW North America (USA) and BMW Canada are two totally separate entities. But the solution is....get on the phone to Matt @ BMW Canada and join the M3 tour!!!! C'mon....I know you're thinkin!!!!