BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #1
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Bmw f15 rse evo retrofit

I did a rse retrofit in my bmw f15 40e with nbt_evo. i connected everything as the wiring diagram says coded 6FH to bdc, nbt_evo, kombi, amp (hk). Problem rse doesnt work, neither does the nbt_evo, kombi, amp (most connection) The kombi and amp are not visible in esys neither.

the rse is not even visible in e-sys or ista but it gets power cause when i push the on button on screen the rse headunit works i also see the most light go on.

I have no clue what the problem is cause it should be visible in the ecu list on esys since it gets power.

Somebody has any ideas about the problem?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #2
XxBBVTMxX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2008 Lexus IS-F

Garage List
I would start by asking around in the thread where you got the information for the retrofit from.

Easiest way to get your answers and help. GL
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 10:44 AM   #3
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBBVTMxX View Post
I would start by asking around in the thread where you got the information for the retrofit from.

Easiest way to get your answers and help. GL
There is no thread, i looked up the wiring diagram and installed it.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #4
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneyer View Post
I did a rse retrofit in my bmw f15 40e with nbt_evo. i connected everything as the wiring diagram says coded 6FH to bdc, nbt_evo, kombi, amp (hk). Problem rse doesnt work, neither does the nbt_evo, kombi, amp (most connection) The kombi and amp are not visible in esys neither.

the rse is not even visible in e-sys or ista but it gets power cause when i push the on button on screen the rse headunit works i also see the most light go on.

I have no clue what the problem is cause it should be visible in the ecu list on esys since it gets power.

Somebody has any ideas about the problem?

This is how i connected the most (first is original connection, second is how connected with rse)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 04:25 AM   #5
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

So i thik everything is connected correctly and working. Now i did diagnostic on the most and it says the most configuration isn't the same as the vehicle order. So now kombi is red and my amp is not even on the tree anymore also no rse

How do you configurate the most?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2021, 10:19 AM   #6
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

After you added 6FH did you code DKOMBI and HU_NBT?
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2021, 11:46 AM   #7
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Problem solved, didn't know you had to strip the most cable before putting it in because of that there was a bad connection and gav a breakline error
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 02:33 AM   #8
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

Well done! I admire your perseverance, I would have just bought the original bracket for the iPad from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 07:42 AM   #9
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Where did you buy the parts?
      10-11-2021, 03:01 PM   #10
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinP View Post
Well done! I admire your perseverance, I would have just bought the original bracket for the iPad from the dealer.
ipad isnt the same as the oem rse. rse you can command from the seat with remote control an ipad you have to get out of the seat to touch the screen if its mounted, if you buy 2 ipads and the mouts i think you will be near what i payed for the oem set to, rse has all the functionalities from idrive ipad has nothing, ....

But thats personal opinion he
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #11
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post
Where did you buy the parts?
found it on ebay
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 01:27 AM   #12
CatalinP
Major
Rep

Quote:
ipad isnt the same as the oem rse. rse you can command from the seat with remote control an ipad you have to get out of the seat to touch the screen if its mounted, if you buy 2 ipads and the mouts i think you will be near what i payed for the oem set to, rse has all the functionalities from idrive ipad has nothing, ....

I respect your work and personal opinion. I would go for the ipad because of what I can play on it. RSE is only capable of DVD playback and some video input if you add another device. On the ipad you can watch any streaming service, youtube, browse the internet etc. As for control, it is easy to reach the touchscreen but you can also control it with an iphone if needed.

Don't get me wrong, I like OEM stuff, but even on the Gxx cars, the RSE is very limited in what you can play on it, unfortunately...
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 02:16 AM   #13
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I respect your work and personal opinion. I would go for the ipad because of what I can play on it. RSE is only capable of DVD playback and some video input if you add another device. On the ipad you can watch any streaming service, youtube, browse the internet etc. As for control, it is easy to reach the touchscreen but you can also control it with an iphone if needed.

Don't get me wrong, I like OEM stuff, but even on the Gxx cars, the RSE is very limited in what you can play on it, unfortunately...
I can see and do whatever i want on the rse, oem navi, dvd, usb, bt and screenmirroring so i can do everything an ipad can to
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 03:44 AM   #14
CatalinP
Major
Rep

Screen mirroring requires another device, and the resolution is far inferior to a standalone tablet.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 04:50 AM   #15
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Screen mirroring requires another device, and the resolution is far inferior to a standalone tablet.
if you have an iphone you can just mirror it and then you have the same possibilties as an ipad except that you have al the oem functions to and its an oem installation. If the screen mirroring is the same quality as when i mirror my iphone or macbook to the tv there is no qualityloss at all.

Havent thested thad yet since the installation isn't completlly finished yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 10:23 AM   #16
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Good job!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 02:38 AM   #17
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep
Drives: BLACK 2015 528I

I have rse in my f15 as well. the main benefit to me is the remote control functionality. it's handy when you have seats on the tailgate and can control the sound system from outside. I also connected Roku for the streaming. Another cool feature is you can set the navigation for the driver for a long trip. It gives an airplane seat feeling. Other than that the rse is never used.
      10-14-2021, 07:43 AM   #18
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Retrofit done, carinterior completly assembled again and fully functional.

https://youtu.be/5FZ-KpsLO_w
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 12:43 PM   #19
Napas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f11 520d m

Do you know what are the cables part number between the monitor and the RSE?

It would be nice to see a full list of itens
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 02:54 AM   #20
rokla
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5/ Z3 / Z4

Android remote

Hello, allready did this in my F15 2014 with NBT, now i have a F15 2017 with EVO 6 and planning to do this again.
Did you already try to add the android remote tablet like its in the 7 series?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 06:42 AM   #21
rokla
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X5/ Z3 / Z4

Quote:
if you have an iphone you can just mirror it and then you have the same possibilties as an ipad except that you have al the oem functions to and its an oem installation. If the screen mirroring is the same quality as when i mirror my iphone or macbook to the tv there is no qualityloss at all.

Havent thested thad yet since the installation isn't completlly finished yet.
My system also works now, added Google chromebox and can see Netflix, youtube and all other streaming services.
Still have some problems with ethernet connection to the front. so my BMW online doesn't work in the rear jet.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 02:09 PM   #22
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:

First of all congrats on the install. I had a RRS with RSE and then switched to iPad Pro. You can take the iPad out when not needed creating more space. Also, you have access to way more content on an iPad and given the distance on the X5, touching the iPad screen is not a problem. With a Cadillac Escalade or even X7 with seats pushed all the way back it might be inconvenient. Also the iPads now have well above 10-14 hours of battery life so you don’t even need to plug it in.

Anyway, back in the day you had headphones easily paired with the RSE but with EarPods and Apple’s headphones it connects immediately and I think you get better audio…

But to each his own. Always good to have alternatives. But you are right in that two iPad Pro 12.9 with Apple headsets and holder will cost you about the same…
Appreciate 0