BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-13-2017, 11:37 AM   #1
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Leasing in PA and NJ - Questions

Hi, I am a NY resident and if I get a good deal from a dealer in NJ or PA, I am considering driving there to pick up the car.

A dealer in PA gave me the out of pocket expenses that I am expected to pay, and it's almost $1000. They have doc fees, supplemental title, and bunch of other stuff.

Can I get some sample worksheets from people who leased in NJ and PA?
With this deal we are losing over 1.5% to these expenses that don't even go towards the vehicle. So if I get 7.5% vs 9% off, I might as well lease in NY even up to 2% difference.
      10-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
wedge000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

I live in PA and leased in NJ. The only extra fees that came to mind were the Doc fee (which is technically negotiable, even if a lot of places don't want to) and a MACO charge, which I was told was a non-negotiable charge from BMW to the dealer. Evidently different dealers have different MACO charges, and at somewhere around $300-$400 my dealer seemed to be at the high end which made me a bit suspicious.

The only other fee was for a registration or inspection charge that had to be done in PA but the dealer in Jersey agreed to reimburse me for whatever the charge was from my local PA dealer.

I don't think there was anything else.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #3
BimmerX5kid
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5, 2021 X3

it should be WAY over $1,000.. the "bank fee" on the lease is $950 alone.. so by me you are coming out of pocket $950 + $350 "doc fee" + another couple hundred for the prepaid registration..

that's why i like to negotiate "sign and drive" deals. I want to pay ZERO up front.. just tell me the all-in keys and carry per month its the best way to find out which guy has the best deal without doing "okay, what is your fees?"...

sign and drive.. always the best option anyway (unless you really are smart enough to arbitrage one guys best lowest monthly payment and lowest fees but its a headache), its the best option because if you put $950 + 300 up front and a month later the car gets totalled.. you are not getting your $950 back..

Last edited by BimmerX5kid; 10-13-2017 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0