12-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #23
deutsch100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
We have the same with our Black e40, looks like it was never closed properly. We pretty done with x BMWs, this our 2nd thinking by moving to the X5 from the most useless put together X3 we had, quality will step up to what we experienced with BM all the years with them, but not at all, even worst considering the price difference between the X3 and X5.
Our car had to go in 3 months after delivery, the boxing unit with the seat switches came off, apparently the screw in the inside was faulty and simply broke.
The dashboard area near the passenger vents is not in line by a good eye soar broken line, it is in your face and only expected maybe from 20k car not 90k one, simply shocking.
When I rest my arm on the door, you feel the seeking and how empty on the inside that cover is.
Not sure about the non x cars, like the new 5, but seriously considering time to move to other brands, BMW is certainly on the way down, volume was never in favour of quality.
On my 2017 X5 40e, if you placed your arm on the driver side door, or even slightly pushed on it...it would creak, sound empty, physically move and I always wondered when it would just break :-O Also, lots and lots of interior creaks, groans when going in and out of driveways and quite a few rattles on un-smooth roads!! Charger flap, also night perfect and a gap on the top panel by hood too!

BUT....2017 35d seems like it is built like a tank. NO creaks, NO groans, NO rattles, NO squeaks, NO hollow doors!!! The front windscreen (glass) could be better, but in most lights it looks fine. Side and rear glass is perfect though.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 04:50 PM   #24
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Did you switch from a 2017 E40 to new 35d? sound costly.
Our e40 is a 2017 one, delivered end of March, looks like our last X car from BMW, the X3 before it was complete disaster, got feed up of driving dealer cars as loaners, lost count the amount of time that car went in for repairs and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutsch100 View Post
On my 2017 X5 40e, if you placed your arm on the driver side door, or even slightly pushed on it...it would creak, sound empty, physically move and I always wondered when it would just break :-O Also, lots and lots of interior creaks, groans when going in and out of driveways and quite a few rattles on un-smooth roads!! Charger flap, also night perfect and a gap on the top panel by hood too!

BUT....2017 35d seems like it is built like a tank. NO creaks, NO groans, NO rattles, NO squeaks, NO hollow doors!!! The front windscreen (glass) could be better, but in most lights it looks fine. Side and rear glass is perfect though.
Appreciate 0