Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post

I actually wish none of this was possible. It was less stressful when all you got was a 'Call you in 2 months when the car comes in' from your salesman.. lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #24
ChipB
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 'vert, 2014 X5

^ + 2. Too many of you sound like a bunch of whining kids in the back seat crying "are we there yet?" The tracking that BMW provides is superior to what I've seen when I've ordered cars from Audi or Lexus. Keep in mind that unlike package delivery services like FedEx or UPS - whose livelihood depends on their customers having assurances of delivery times - the carriers that BMW contracts with to deliver cars to dealerships don't make more money by putting effort into letting you know when it will arrive, hence the "black out" when its out of BMW's hands.
      01-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #25
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipB View Post
^ + 2. Too many of you sound like a bunch of whining kids in the back seat crying "are we there yet?" The tracking that BMW provides is superior to what I've seen when I've ordered cars from Audi or Lexus. Keep in mind that unlike package delivery services like FedEx or UPS - whose livelihood depends on their customers having assurances of delivery times - the carriers that BMW contracts with to deliver cars to dealerships don't make more money by putting effort into letting you know when it will arrive, hence the "black out" when its out of BMW's hands.
thanks for taking the time to read this thread although you feel it was a waste of your time!
Note that in Canada we don't have that MyBMW tracking system that you guys have in the States...so we can't even see up to that level...
therefore the intension of this communication is to share experience of those who know or have more visibility...while I appreciate your comment about us whining kids...
Appreciate 0