BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Front fuse box locations

Hopefully someone can help me with this as it is driving me mad trying to find the location of the 2nd fusebox at the front of the vehicle in a RHD UK model.

Having looked at the card tucked into the rear fusebox at the side of the boot, it shows 2 fuseboxes at the front in addition to the one at the rear. One of these appears to change position depending on whether LHD or RHD and one stays put.

Now I have found the fusebox in the side of the passenger footwell which houses fuses 1-14 iirc, but I am looking for the other front fusebox which is under the easily removable panel under the glovebox in LHD models.

I have a dashcam cabled into one of the fuses 1-16 via a 12v-5v USB adapter but it is permanently powered, what I want to do is use a switched power fuse instead and I know from another thread that fuse 42, I think it was,
is switched power which will do the job for me if I could fine the damn fusebox .

I have looked under the panel below the glovebox and all there is are a mass of aircon ducts and no sign of a fusebox up high where I am told it is on LHD models.

Now the card appears to indicate that it should be on the drivers side in a RHD model as it doesn't change position depending on whether LHD or RHD, but where is it? There are no panels I can see on the drivers side that are easily removable and don't want to start taking things apart until I know where I need to be.

If anyone can help me locate this other fusebox I would be most grateful .
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #2
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Fuse box you are looking for is located directly on top of the accelerator pedal on RHD X5's not where the owner's manual says it is.
You need to remove 3 T20 Torx screws to remove a panel and access it and have a very supple back and torch to view and remove the fuses!
cod500.00