BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-25-2018, 01:57 PM   #67
Duke I
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
Ok, well I just joined the F15/16 forums as I was an m4/6 owner and know everything about those cars and not as much about my new X6, so I didn't know this was discussed at nauseam.
Gotta have your flame suit on! I'm surprised on how coarse social media interaction has become. Must be something about not being face-to-face and the sence on annonimity -- if we were all together in a discussion, I'm certain we all would not respond with such impatience and intemperance. It's disappointing.

As an aside, the search function of this forum is inefficient and, mostly, ineffective. Perhaps I don't know how to use it fully, but when I put terms in for search it spits out page after page of threads without much by way of narrowing. The Rennlist forum (Porsche) has a Google feature which further narrows the search to specific postings. Wish we had that feature here.

Duke

PS, congrats on the X6. Welcome to the club.
2017 X4 M40i (gone); 2010 X5 (last of the NAs); 2007 550i (still missed, except in the snow); 1991 525i manual (great 17-year run)

Last edited by Duke I; 04-25-2018 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
Chadmatic660.50
      04-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #68
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke I View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
Ok, well I just joined the F15/16 forums as I was an m4/6 owner and know everything about those cars and not as much about my new X6, so I didn't know this was discussed at nauseam.
Gotta have your flame suit on! I'm surprised on how coarse social media interaction has become. Must be something about not being face-to-face and the sence on annonimity -- if we were all together in a discussion, I'm certain we all would not respond with such impatience and intemperance. It's disappointing.

As an aside, the search function of this forum is inefficient and, mostly, ineffective. Perhaps I don't know how to use it fully, but when I put terms in for search it spits out page after page of threads without much by way of narrowing. The Rennlist form (Porsche) has a Google feature which further narrows the search to specific postings. Wish we had that feature here.

Duke

I appreciate the message. I have had a tough time searching for anything on here! Thanks man!

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #69
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke I View Post

As an aside, the search function of this forum is inefficient and, mostly, ineffective. Perhaps I don't know how to use it fully, but when I put terms in for search it spits out page after page of threads without much by way of narrowing. The Rennlist forum (Porsche) has a Google feature which further narrows the search to specific postings. Wish we had that feature here.

Duke

You are absolutely right! Unfortunately, it doesn't help that these days it seems that hate is "the new black".

Btw... I find that I get much better search results for this forum by typing the keywords into Google versus using the Bimmerpost search tool.

Last edited by Chadmatic; 04-25-2018 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2018, 02:53 PM   #70
aracka
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 X50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
You are absolutely right! Unfortunately, it doesn't help that these days it seems that hate is "the new black".

Btw... I find that I get much better search results for this forum by typing the keywords into Google versus using the Bimmerpost search tool.
+1 on Google being more effective