Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by baubaulu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Quote:
I am planning to upgrade KW v3 to my x5, but once it is installed and the Comfort, and Sport mode will be deactivated. is it ture?
Yup, true!
Quote:
Quote:
got it. thanks! do we need to modify any hardware at rear?
Not a single thing. The hardware work is only in the front.

The rear is an electronically controlled airbag. If they know what they are doing, they will plug into OBD port in the driver footwell and set the right values to be lowered.
Quote:
Quote:
I am planning to upgrade KW v3 to my x5, but once it is installed and the Comfort, and Sport mode will be deactivated. is it ture?
Yup, true!
could we still keep the Comfort and sport mode after lower the rear?
Yes, with Eibach springs everything still works normally only feels a little better.

Now, if you want much better handling with still good comfort and killer looks. I recommend you to go with the KW V3 is the best kit available. You will forget about Sport/Comfort mode very quickly.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:41 PM   #68
baubaulu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5

Quote:
Yes, with Eibach springs everything still works normally only feels a little better.

Now, if you want much better handling with still good comfort and killer looks. I recommend you to go with the KW V3 is the best kit available. You will forget about Sport/Comfort mode very quickly.
I am only wondering that the KW V3 only improves the front handling, how could it improve the rear if there is no more Sport and Comfort selection.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #69
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I am only wondering that the KW V3 only improves the front handling, how could it improve the rear if there is no more Sport and Comfort selection.
KW would replace the airbags and front shocks. The front shocks (if you have sport or DHP) is the only part of the suspension affected by these modes. If you don't have these components then it's mute.

You will No longer have air bags with a full kw swap. But the eibach are just springs so it doesn't affect the modes. The modes just slightly stiffen the shocks.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #70
baubaulu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

KW would replace the airbags and front shocks. The front shocks (if you have sport or DHP) is the only part of the suspension affected by these modes. If you don't have these components then it's mute.

You will No longer have air bags with a full kw swap. But the eibach are just springs so it doesn't affect the modes. The modes just slightly stiffen the shocks.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

as I know the rear airbag are short life. so I am planning to replace it soon. if the whole airbag are removed, then it is great!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 10:20 PM   #71
baubaulu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

I just checked with KW's website, there are front dampers and springs, but there are only rear dampers, no springs for rear. So how does it work?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #72
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

I just checked with KW's website, there are front dampers and springs, but there are only rear dampers, no springs for rear. So how does it work?
You found the Version with self leveling would be my guess. 352200BJ is whole set.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0