BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-15-2016, 04:12 PM   #1
xray3d3
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

2016 F15 Foglights

I couldn't find a definitive answer after searching the forum.

I have a 2016 F15 without the LED package. The STD Xenon's headlights are fine but I find the contrasting Halogen fog's to be an eye sore. I found some kits on the various websites but wanted some advice from anyone that may have replaced the stocks with some LED fogs on their X5's. price, ease of installation etc. Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2016, 05:32 AM   #2
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Just so there is no confusion here, LED fog lights are standard in the US regardless if you order the car with Xenons or LED headlights, while in Canada you get the halogens with Xenon headlights and I believe LED fog lights with LED headlights.

With that said, check these thread out.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ght=canada+fog

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ght=canada+fog
      08-16-2016, 07:24 AM   #3
xray3d3
Canada
Rep

Thank you Kzang.

I am still unclear on how "easy" this swap is. The threads state we need to remove the bottom bumper grill and other sites say it's a simple clip to remove the factory halogen's. Bimmian sells WeissLicht LED Fog Light Bulbs and states a simple tool-less installation but I cannot find any installation guide or manual on their site (but there are plenty of videos that are more like commercials).
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #4
xray3d3
Canada
Rep

Purchased and installed WeissLicht LED Fog Light Bulbs on my F15.
It's a rather straightforward install, need to un-tighten a screw mount and depress a metal clip to pull the fog light housing out from the front and then swap the bulbs. No need to mess with any wheel wells or lower bumpers as I had read in other threads.

I couldn't get to the screw easily with a screwdriver so I used an Allen key and that worked much better.

Hard to tell from this pic in daylight but there difference is striking. BMW really cheapened out with halogen fogs and Xenon headlights.

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 01:51 PM   #5
maddgopher81
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 XDRIVE 35I

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray3d3 View Post
Purchased and installed WeissLicht LED Fog Light Bulbs on my F15.
It's a rather straightforward install, need to un-tighten a screw mount and depress a metal clip to pull the fog light housing out from the front and then swap the bulbs. No need to mess with any wheel wells or lower bumpers as I had read in other threads.

I couldn't get to the screw easily with a screwdriver so I used an Allen key and that worked much better.

Hard to tell from this pic in daylight but there difference is striking. BMW really cheapened out with halogen fogs and Xenon headlights.

xray3d3, is the plastic "screw mount" you are referring to on the topside of the lights? Is the metal clip that has to be pressed down visible after removal of that mount? First time to change one out on the right side. Lights are LED.
thanks.
Appreciate 0