x5pilot
Fragile Explosion
Rep
Drives: X5 40d Msport

F15 Suspension and Headlights confusion

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi guys,

I'm currently going through what seems like the 50th iteration of my new X5 list - is it wrong I feel like I'll be mailing this to a jolly fat old man that lives in the North Pole when I'm finished!...

I've a couple of questions relating to the headlights and the suspension that hopefully someone can help with.

I understand that advantage of LED as a technology however what I cant find out is the physical difference from a visual or aesthetic perspective - i.e. if I go with the standard Xenon headlight option how will they LOOK compared to the full LED £1500 (UK) option - one would think there would be a vast difference but I don't see any mention or image comparison anywhere?

Also, I'm still trying to get my head around the whole suspension options and what is standard... To help me keep it simple I've focused on what I have currently and what I'd like in my new X5.
I currently have a 30dM with what was referred to as "Sport suspension Deleted". With this setup I get the normal (uncomfortable) ride and the option for a stiffer sportier suspension when I flick the gear over to "sport" mode.
Going forward I'll be getting the 40dM with the standard M suspension. However this is where the confusion creeps in!
What is standard now and how does it differ from what I have and know?!
I see reference to Adaptive M suspension - Is this the standard M option?

Unfortunately my budget doesn't allow me to spec out the full dynamic suspension which looks fantastic, however I cant help feeling I'm being bombarded with technological terms and option without the actual feature being explained and its usefulness.

What I require is a more comfortable ride, which I understand has been addressed, however I also would like to retain at the very least the sporty ride and stiffer suspension that I currently have (in my 30dM) when I flick the gear stalk over.
To complicate things I may go for the 3rd seat option which I understand will give me air suspension in the rear? Apart from the 6 year old kids sitting in those seats, where else will that suspension benefit the ride?

Thanks in advance guys for any help!
Appreciate 0