03-24-2015, 02:30 PM   #89
SpdAddictRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsal View Post
I found this: http://bmwiforum.bmwusa.com/thread/2...l-clock-outage

according to this update, there is no ETA on the fix for the widget issue.
Would this outage affect the BMW Assist? I dropped the car off this afternoon and the SA said he thought it could have been that there was some glitch when the car was taken out of transport mode that did not activate the BMW assist.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #90
Kessler35is
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 50i, 2016 E89 35is

Garage List
2016 Z4 35is  [0.00]
2015 X5 50i  [0.00]
How do I know the version loaded in my 2015 F15?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #91
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler35is View Post
How do I know the version loaded in my 2015 F15?
Only through ESYS. You will need an ENET cable and software. I can send you software, but you must purchase an ENET cable from either of the two links in the coding thread or wherever you can find one.
      03-25-2015, 02:22 AM   #92
JoseSportM
JoseSportM
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Is not possible to update files in Esys?

Can we downgrade the version in some specific module?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 02:40 AM   #93
JoseSportM
JoseSportM
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Is not possible to update files in Esys?

Can we downgrade the version in some specific module?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2015, 10:51 PM   #94
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Any progress on this?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 12:58 AM   #95
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
I will be taking my X5 into the dealer ship to have my driver side window replaced.

For the sake of the community I will not tell them to update or not to update my X5.

If they do I will know since some of my features will be lost.

There after I will meet up with my local coder and he will attempt to copy my old files into the new update and see if it transfers over and what may be the repercussions.

I know I'm not too technically incline in this topic but I hope you can understand my trial lol
Taran.J which BMW center you go to for warranty issues and servicing?

My local center managed to ripoff the console wood trim and cup holder retractable top tray.

I'm also interested in the coding restore result after you go to your local coder. I do have cafd files backup. My car has been updated and One feature that I kept before VO_Coding other module is lost. Car has been updated to latest s/w.

Last edited by leasehackr; 03-30-2015 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #96
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku
Quote:
I will be taking my X5 into the dealer ship to have my driver side window replaced.

For the sake of the community I will not tell them to update or not to update my X5.

If they do I will know since some of my features will be lost.

There after I will meet up with my local coder and he will attempt to copy my old files into the new update and see if it transfers over and what may be the repercussions.

I know I'm not too technically incline in this topic but I hope you can understand my trial lol
Taran.J which BMW center you go to for warranty issues and servicing?

My local center managed to fucked up console wood trim and cup holder retractable top tray.

I'm also interested in the coding restore result after you go to your local coder. I do have cafd files backup. My car has been updated and One feature that I kept before VO_Coding other module is lost. Car has been updated to latest s/w.
Bmw NW in fife. No longer going to Seattle or Bellevue.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 12:39 AM   #97
leasehackr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5, 530e

Quote:
Ok, just checked their review on yelp. They are 1-2 star in service. Sales review is better.

During warranty Head unit replacement, technician managed to rip off the wood trim in center console. Looks to me during replacement, he took out the old HU-Unit and put it on center console on top of cup holder shelf.

wood trim is rip off from both side and has very bad scratches on it. In addition to wood trim, the cup holder top retractable shelf also has scratches on it.

I don't know what kind of idiot he was or he didn't know what kind of car he is working on? Now they are trying to order the cup holder top shelf and two side wood trim for replacement.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 06:04 AM   #98
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiku
Quote:
Ok, just checked their review on yelp. They are 1-2 star in service. Sales review is better.

During warranty Head unit replacement, technician managed to rip off the wood trim in center console. Looks to me during replacement, he took out the old HU-Unit and put it on center console on top of cup holder shelf.

wood trim is rip off from both side and has very bad scratches on it. In addition to wood trim, the cup holder top retractable shelf also has scratches on it.

I don't know what kind of idiot he was or he didn't know what kind of car he is working on? Now they are trying to order the cup holder top shelf and two side wood trim for replacement.
Well Service Advisor Oscar Cerna I've known for years. He's worked on my cars since 2006 and also lives about 15 from me. Therefore I do not have too many questions asked about warranty work on my cars.

Andrew at BMW Seattle used to push work for us but recently his bosses have come on them a little stronger.

So living 40 miles from BMW Seattle and Bellevue I've chosen to stick to BMW NW.
Appreciate 0