shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Your NBT should not have any issues because it is an original factory part. Since you added the correct option code to your FA and VO Coded what you needed, it will remain in tact without issues. We all have NBTs and VO Coding does not ERASE your NBT.
It's not Black and White. All depends if all hardware is present for FA Date, so besides just NBT, ZBE Touch Controller and TBX Handwriting Modules would also need to have been retrofitted and present as well. And, if car has Telematics, I think TCB would be needed as well.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 05:20 PM   #68
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
It's not Black and White. All depends if all hardware is present for FA Date, so besides just NBT, ZBE Touch Controller and TBX Handwriting Modules would also need to have been retrofitted and present as well. And, if car has Telematics, I think TCB would be needed as well.
Thanks, Shawn. Wouldn't all this be added to his FA along with the needed hardware if the install was done correctly for his HU_NBT retrofit?
      03-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #69
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Thanks, Shawn. Wouldn't all this be added to his FA along with the needed hardware if the install was done correctly for his HU_NBT retrofit?
609 in F15 FA assumes all this hardware is present. NBT Retrofit could have been Head Unit only, without ZBE Touch Controller and TBX Handwriting Module. I don't know what hardware he retrofitted, and I am not about to assume.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #70
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
609 in F15 FA assumes all this hardware is present. NBT Retrofit could have been Head Unit only, without ZBE Touch Controller and TBX Handwriting Module. I don't know what hardware he retrofitted, and I am not about to assume.
Gotcha. I guess he will need to verify everything before taking in for service. Good clarification .
      03-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #71
usumega
Rep
Drives: BMW F16 30d

Hi again.

I've retroffited the touch controler and the Handwriting Module at same time as the NBT.

So, if dealer upgrades the software is possible the NBT works correctly without i must do nothing else?

Thanks!!!.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #72
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

Last time I took my X5 in for servicing my advisor said that he would not be able to upgrade my software because of the 6WB. The next few times if I ever need to get my X5 serviced, I'll ask him NOT to upgrade my software. Is there any reason why I'd need to upgrade to 55.1 anyhow?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 09:50 PM   #73
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by usumega View Post
Hi again.

I've retroffited the touch controler and the Handwriting Module at same time as the NBT.

So, if dealer upgrades the software is possible the NBT works correctly without i must do nothing else?

Thanks!!!.
If FA with 609 was written to the car, most likely ISTA/P will have no issue with it.

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #74
jc68
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F15 X5, 991.2 GT3

Is this called campaign B37 01 14? This showed up as a recall on my X5 when I went in for an oil change. SA wanted me to schedule another visit for this since it will take days to perform this. Does anybody know why it takes so long?

I also noticed the new countdown starts from 9,000 miles, I thought the reset countdown is from 10,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #75
buckeyewalt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

I had to get mine updated because of the issues I had with my HUD. I guess for future codes I won't be able to do them unless there is a work around.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #76
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 sDrive 35i

clarification

OK, I wanted to clarify the situation here:

I've been having some relatively minor Bluetooth issues with my vehicle (Album Art doesn't change, etc.) and was told by my SA recently that I have a software version several versions old and that I would need to update the software to fix the problems.

The issue is that I've coded my vehicle with quite a few things and didn't want to update the software and either
1. lose the coding I had already put in
2. not be able to recode it

I'm not sure I could go back to having to press the button every time I startup the car to remove the nav warning screen again.

Am I correct in that I need to just accept the Bluetooth issues right now the way they are if I want to keep the current coding features?
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #77
JDoc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg
OK, I wanted to clarify the situation here:

I've been having some relatively minor Bluetooth issues with my vehicle (Album Art doesn't change, etc.) and was told by my SA recently that I have a software version several versions old and that I would need to update the software to fix the problems.

The issue is that I've coded my vehicle with quite a few things and didn't want to update the software and either
1. lose the coding I had already put in
2. not be able to recode it

I'm not sure I could go back to having to press the button every time I startup the car to remove the nav warning screen again.

Am I correct in that I need to just accept the Bluetooth issues right now the way they are if I want to keep the current coding features?
@bradbragg presumably this update is all you need to fix your Bluetooth issue. http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...re_update.html
You can do it yourself with an usb stick. If you are on an older version firmware I suggest you update this first before seeing your dealer. This firmware update doesn't affect coding.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 09:42 AM   #78
bradbragg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoc View Post
@bradbragg presumably this update is all you need to fix your Bluetooth issue. http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/con...re_update.html
You can do it yourself with an usb stick. If you are on an older version firmware I suggest you update this first before seeing your dealer. This firmware update doesn't affect coding.
Yes, I already have updated the Bluetooth via the USB. Still a few glitches here and there.

So again, if I have dealer update software, will I lose my current coded settings and not be able to recode them?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 10:53 AM   #79
cenix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradbragg View Post
Yes, I already have updated the Bluetooth via the USB. Still a few glitches here and there.

So again, if I have dealer update software, will I lose my current coded settings and not be able to recode them?
Yes, you will lose your settings.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:03 PM   #80
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

I will be taking my X5 into the dealer ship to have my driver side window replaced.

For the sake of the community I will not tell them to update or not to update my X5.

If they do I will know since some of my features will be lost.

There after I will meet up with my local coder and he will attempt to copy my old files into the new update and see if it transfers over and what may be the repercussions.

I know I'm not too technically incline in this topic but I hope you can understand my trial lol
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #81
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

I don't know if I should be furious that BMW will overwrite our customization or say oh well because we aren't supposed to have them in the first place.. I don't think anyone bought a BMW just because they can modify/code it.

Although it is a shame and if this continues in future models, I will definitely consider a different maker because because most of the time it's just lack of those convenience features that makes the little difference and tips the scale over to other brand.

Just remembered things like blind spot monitoring at slow speeds would be a deal breaker if I lost it, because it's really frustrating not to have this feature that I paid thousands to get only to have it not function because BMW thought we don't need it going 28mph....

Last edited by hyde; 03-16-2015 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #82
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc68 View Post
Is this called campaign B37 01 14? This showed up as a recall on my X5 when I went in for an oil change.
Yes, I'd like to know about this too. Does anyone have a copy of the work order showing exactly what is this "software update" order called? Or do they just sneak it in with no record?
      03-16-2015, 12:19 PM   #83
quattrospeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Soon to be F15 X5 x3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J
I will be taking my X5 into the dealer ship to have my driver side window replaced.

For the sake of the community I will not tell them to update or not to update my X5.

There after I will meet up with my local coder and he will attempt to copy my old files into the new update and see if it transfers over and what may be the repercussions.

I know I'm not too technically incline in this topic but I hope you can understand my trial lol
Very curious to see your results...

happiness is driving your car after washing it
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #84
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrospeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J

Very curious to see your results...
As am I lol
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 12:21 PM   #85
SpdAddictRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 50i

We've had our f15 for about a month now (although the car hasn't been in our garage more than 10 days) and I haven't had a chance to try to code the vehicle. Unfortunately, I am not able to establish a connection via BMW ConnectedDrive. My SOS button will not work, nor any of the widgets or real time traffic updates. Last night I updated the software to UPD05062, but that did not fix the problem. They suggest bringing the car in for programming, but I'm afraid by doing so I will not be able code the vehicle in the future. Have any of you come across this problem?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #86
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdAddictRY View Post
We've had our f15 for about a month now (although the car hasn't been in our garage more than 10 days) and I haven't had a chance to try to code the vehicle. Unfortunately, I am not able to establish a connection via BMW ConnectedDrive. My SOS button will not work, nor any of the widgets or real time traffic updates. Last night I updated the software to UPD05062, but that did not fix the problem. They suggest bringing the car in for programming, but I'm afraid by doing so I will not be able code the vehicle in the future. Have any of you come across this problem?
Aspects of the connection have had problems for almost 10 days now. For instance, the widgets don't connect. The software update you did is specific to bluetooth, and won't affect issues unique to the current outage, or a problem you may have that is atop the known outage.
      03-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #87
ramsal
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Aspects of the connection have had problems for almost 10 days now. For instance, the widgets don't connect. The software update you did is specific to bluetooth, and won't affect issues unique to the current outage, or a problem you may have that is atop the known outage.
Does anyone have any more information about the widgets outage? It is starting to annoy me, especially without any formal update from BMW
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #88
ramsal
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsal View Post
Does anyone have any more information about the widgets outage? It is starting to annoy me, especially without any formal update from BMW
I found this: http://bmwiforum.bmwusa.com/thread/2...l-clock-outage

according to this update, there is no ETA on the fix for the widget issue.
Appreciate 1