Manabu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i M Sport

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
My 2015 F16 X6 Order

I went to my dealer in late January to service my F30 and saw two X6's, a Mineral White and Dark Olive. I didn't know what to think of Dark Olive, but I didn't like that it was non-M Sport. The mineral White was M Sport and I thought about buying it until I found out it was a "Launch Supply" car.

I went home and researched the new X6, which has been my dream to own since the first generation was revealed. The next day I went back to my dealer and the Dark Olive was gone, someone else bought it after I left the day prior.

I placed my order for an xDrive35i in the last week of January. The dealer had no allocations. February came along, once again no allocation. Finally in March, there were two allocations! After ordering in late January, my X6 has a estimated production date of April 12! Now hopefully I get it by the end of May, but probably early June.

Here's my build, after 4 modifications:

2015 X6 xDrive35i
M Sport
Space Gray Metallic
20" Wheels
Cognac/Black Bi-Color Nappa Leather
Fineline Oak Trim
Driver Assistance Pkg
Driver Assistance Plus Pkg
ACC Stop & Go
Premium Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Dynamic Handling Pkg
Lighting Pkg
Ceramic Controls
Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
Soft Close Doors
Bang & Olufsen
$89,750

Missing Options:
Ventilated Seats
Active Steering
Concierge Services
Rear Side Window Shades
Parking Assistant
Running Boards (not available on M Sport)
Rear-seat Entertainment
Space-saver Spare
Night Vision

Any thoughts on this build? I have two more weeks to make any changes before production starts.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
POBA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Thanks for sharing. You are getting close to the X6M territory with this MSRP for 35i. Would also consider the 50i for that MSRP. Just food for thought. Regardless, it is going to be a beautiful ride. Good luck

Last edited by POBA; 03-29-2015 at 10:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 10:51 PM   #3
wedge000
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabu View Post
I went to my dealer in late January to service my F30 and saw two X6's, a Mineral White and Dark Olive. I didn't know what to think of Dark Olive, but I didn't like that it was non-M Sport. The mineral White was M Sport and I thought about buying it until I found out it was a "Launch Supply" car.

I went home and researched the new X6, which has been my dream to own since the first generation was revealed. The next day I went back to my dealer and the Dark Olive was gone, someone else bought it after I left the day prior.

I placed my order for an xDrive35i in the last week of January. The dealer had no allocations. February came along, once again no allocation. Finally in March, there were two allocations! After ordering in late January, my X6 has a estimated production date of April 12! Now hopefully I get it by the end of May, but probably early June.

Here's my build, after 4 modifications:

2015 X6 xDrive35i
M Sport
Space Gray Metallic
20" Wheels
Cognac/Black Bi-Color Nappa Leather
Fineline Oak Trim
Driver Assistance Pkg
Driver Assistance Plus Pkg
ACC Stop & Go
Premium Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Dynamic Handling Pkg
Lighting Pkg
Ceramic Controls
Enhanced USB & Bluetooth
Soft Close Doors
Bang & Olufsen
$89,750

Missing Options:
Ventilated Seats
Active Steering
Concierge Services
Rear Side Window Shades
Parking Assistant
Running Boards (not available on M Sport)
Rear-seat Entertainment
Space-saver Spare
Night Vision

Any thoughts on this build? I have two more weeks to make any changes before production starts.
It's going to be sweet, no doubt. You really in Hawaii? Drop cold weather package, ceramic controls, get HK instead of B&O, drop soft close doors, consider cheaper leather, and get a 50i for the same price.

I'm biased, these were the types of tradoffs I made to move up from the X3 to the X5. If I could've afforded an MSRP close to this I probably would've gone for the larger engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 12:21 AM   #4
Manabu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by POBA View Post
Thanks for sharing. You are getting close to the X6M territory with this MSRP for 35i. Would also consider the 50i for that MSRP. Just food for thought. Regardless, it is going to be a beautiful ride. Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge000 View Post
It's going to be sweet, no doubt. You really in Hawaii? Drop cold weather package, ceramic controls, get HK instead of B&O, drop soft close doors, consider cheaper leather, and get a 50i for the same price.

I'm biased, these were the types of tradoffs I made to move up from the X3 to the X5. If I could've afforded an MSRP close to this I probably would've gone for the larger engine.
I've considered an X6M, just because I want blue exterior. BMW NA also wouldn't do a custom color on X6. But the added price of the vehicle (+$24k) in addition to higher fuel/insurance costs puts it above my budget.

I am in Hawaii, my first 3 versions of my build didn't have cold weather pkg, but just added it. Only $550. I really only want the heated steering wheel. I only have a carport, no garage, and leave home for work early and it's often in the mid to upper 50's during the winter. Cold enough that my hands are cold.

Right now I am really on the fence of a lower optioned 50i and the 35i I have on order. It's a hard decision, power or options. I've always valued options over power. 50i configured like the 35i is $97K which is really getting me into X6M territory.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #5
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge000 View Post

I have almost the exact same config as the OP except for different colors and cold weather package (I'm in Texas and this winter I wish I had it just for the heated steering wheel -- chilly!).

Personally, I would have really liked to have a 50i, but with my driving style, since I get ~15mpg in my 35i, I'd get perhaps 10mpg in a 50i. Would it be nice to be able to motor past people so easily where my 35i fights? Sure. Am I jealous of others that have one? But its not worth having to stop for gas every 200 miles? (I only got ~19mpg out of an E70 35d too. I'm cursed with a lot of stop signs/lights and a lead foot.) If it had a 35gal gas tank, I'd be all over that sucker!

So, 50i's are great, but everyone's priorities are not the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #6
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

lol Barja I drive quite quite spirited and I still get 14 mpg! Your delta is correct however, with 35i at 15 mpg you are threading into single digit mpg in 50i.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #7
hotneutron
Rep
Drives: X5 F15

why not "Rear Side Window Shades"? it's a cheap addon yet expensive to retrofit.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 02:54 PM   #8
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
I drive quite quite spirited and I still get 14 mpg! Your delta is correct however, with 35i at 15 mpg you are threading into single digit mpg in 50i.
Gosh, if I could get 14mpg out of a 50i, that would be awesome!!

What I would like is a plug-in hybrid 50i. I can drive my little <5mi, <40mph trips on electric that is killing my mpg. Then BAM! Drive like a nut when I want to.

My daily commute is about 5miles round trip, so I'd probably get 100mpg out of that!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2015, 06:00 PM   #9
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Barbja , don't feel bad. I also got ~15mpg.
Maybe time to put in a RaceChip or BMS in your X6.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 05:04 AM   #10
Manabu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotneutron View Post
why not "Rear Side Window Shades"? it's a cheap addon yet expensive to retrofit.
Never really understood the purpose of those. An extra thing to cause rattles over time is how I view it. I usually just tint my windows darker. Are they really good to have? I think I would like them better if they were power and I could control it from the drivers seat.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2015, 05:31 AM   #11
oshevtsov
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90/E60/F10/F15/F16/F32/G11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabu
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotneutron View Post
Never really understood the purpose of those. An extra thing to cause rattles over time is how I view it. I usually just tint my windows darker. Are they really good to have? I think I would like them better if they were power and I could control it from the drivers seat.
I have these shades on X3 build year 2010, and also on my new F16. No issues in 5 years.

Convenient (rear passengers have choice). Contributes to "premium" feel of the car. Costs little as option. Costs 10 times more to retrofit.
Appreciate 0