Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
No. The "narrative" is that people are claiming they crime is going up because budgets are being cut. It was a poster from Houston. I showed, that budgets are not being cut…

So, crime going up (which may or may not be the case) wasn't because budgets were being cut.
To summarize your statements - police budgets do not impact crime.

I will say again, that is a very difficult argument to defend.
You need to brush up on reading comprehension and/or logic/simple reasoning. I did not say that reducing police funding reduces crime. I even put in bullet points…yet you keep repeating the same nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 08:47 PM   #24
Clifton
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars with tires

Quote:
I did not say that reducing police funding reduces crime.
So applying logic to that quote means that you are saying Reducing police funding increases crime. Which I believe was the point of the gentleman from Huston and where this began. You’re welcome.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 01:47 AM   #25
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I did not say that reducing police funding reduces crime.
So applying logic to that quote means that you are saying Reducing police funding increases crime. Which I believe was the point of the gentleman from Huston and where this began. You're welcome.
My reply was the data showed that funding in Houston was not reduced. So that was not the reason why crime increased. So logical fail again (your reasoning is something else. LOL)
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 07:15 AM   #26
Clifton
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My reply was the data showed that funding in Houston was not reduced. So that was not the reason why crime increased. So logical fail again (your reasoning is something else. LOL)

Epic logic fail is Linking to an ABC news affiliate proving they not only contradict themselves within the article, but made you look silly for calling the article a “factual source”. Yup that was you….

Then referencing NPR (lol) articles and a Pew research survey proving that you will not think for yourself and will just regurgitate what you are told to think without any verification. That was you too Whomp Whomp.

More logic failure is not looking at the Houston Police budget (public) for yourself. Where you can quickly understand that a 3.6% budget increase of $33m will not make any measurable impact on the level of crime in Houston. Especially when the bulk of that budget increase was used for a 4% pay raise and health insurance premiums.

The facts are “easier than ever” so do better, do a little research and think for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 11:15 AM   #27
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Epic logic fail is Linking to an ABC news affiliate proving they not only contradict themselves within the article, but made you look silly for calling the article a "factual source". Yup that was you….

Then referencing NPR (lol) articles and a Pew research survey proving that you will not think for yourself and will just regurgitate what you are told to think without any verification. That was you too Whomp Whomp.

More logic failure is not looking at the Houston Police budget (public) for yourself. Where you can quickly understand that a 3.6% budget increase of $33m will not make any measurable impact on the level of crime in Houston. Especially when the bulk of that budget increase was used for a 4% pay raise and health insurance premiums.

The facts are "easier than ever" so do better, do a little research and think for yourself.
Ok. So when did an 'increase' mean decrease? Clearly there was an increase and now you are arguing it wasn't enough. You started with there was a 'decrease'…you can basically lie without any problems and then try to justify it 😟 scary
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #28
Clifton
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok. So when did an 'increase' mean decrease? Clearly there was an increase and now you are arguing it wasn't enough. You started with there was a 'decrease'…you can basically lie without any problems and then try to justify it 😟 scary
False, never said there was a ‘decrease’. I did laugh that you used local news media outlet as your “factual” sources and that you preached to others about facts being easy.

FCX5: “But ABC local news, NPR and Pew, they are my factual data!” Lol
Appreciate 0