someguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Snap In Adapter

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I've got an iphone 5 and it looks like there (should be) two options for snap in adapters:

1) there is a standard one that charges the phone and allows my phone to sue the roof-mounted antenna.

2) there is a BMW Apps version snap in adapter that does the same but allows access to music on the iphone. (this snap-in adapter is not yet available but should be soon, according to my dealer)

I have a few questions about this:

a) is this second adapter necessary to listen to music from my iphone?
b) can Bluetooth be used for the music connection (even though the quality will be less)?
c) (surely a pipe dream): can this second adapter be used to allow my car to use data from my phone's cellular connection?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy
I've got an iphone 5 and it looks like there (should be) two options for snap in adapters:

1) there is a standard one that charges the phone and allows my phone to sue the roof-mounted antenna.

2) there is a BMW Apps version snap in adapter that does the same but allows access to music on the iphone. (this snap-in adapter is not yet available but should be soon, according to my dealer)

I have a few questions about this:

a) is this second adapter necessary to listen to music from my iphone?
b) can Bluetooth be used for the music connection (even though the quality will be less)?
c) (surely a pipe dream): can this second adapter be used to allow my car to use data from my phone's cellular connection?
A) no because:
B) yes, though I'm not sure if it will work while connected via #1. If not, my answer to A might change . But in general, yes you can play music via Bluetooth
C) don't think so but pretty sure your 'pipe dream' is accurate for that one
Appreciate 0