cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post

this is true and i agree completely however i have yet to see illegal or unregistered vehicles by the hundreds drive on sidewalks or ignore traffic signals or barricade other motorists and antagonize individuals and police.
My statement regarding bad drivers was aimed at bad drivers, no blinkers, cut you off, clueless drivers. What you are talking about is that pack mentality - which I have experienced and is terrifying. That isn't about bad drivers, that's about behavior.

onfire - I think they all went to jail. The biker that was injured - I think he was left paralyzed - also sued the RR driver for his injuries, not sure what the outcome was.

Wait, let's see. He's paralyzed because he terrorized a motorist and sustained his injuries as the motorist was trying to flee to safety. I should be on that jury.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 06:49 AM   #46
JonM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

This thread is a great testament to dash cams. I want one. You need them for all the reasons you cannot think of.
16 X5d | 08 M3 Sedan | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe | 99 M coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #47
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
My statement regarding bad drivers was aimed at bad drivers, no blinkers, cut you off, clueless drivers. What you are talking about is that pack mentality - which I have experienced and is terrifying. That isn't about bad drivers, that's about behavior.
As I mentioned earlier.. gang mentality.. when a group of people get their adrenaline pumping and have that brotherhood bond becoming stronger their common sense and courtesy is out the window. They become idiots.
      05-25-2016, 07:55 AM   #48
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco View Post
Not true . Like 8 years-olds outside of a candy store, they drool and watch in envy. I have never seen a bike pulled over for violating noise ordinances.
hahaha, yep. it's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Did anybody from the NY mob scene go to jail? The cop ?
a few. if i recall correctly the individual who started the entire fiasco received 4 months jail time and 5yrs probation. the police officers involved were indefinitely suspended and the ones who attacked the driver and vehicle received between 3.5 and 4 year in prison and 5 years probation. they all took the plea deals (i haven't followed the story to very end but that is what i recall hearing on the news.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shodanusmc View Post
Every 5 years I take a 20 hour refresher class basically to focus on Safety. Wish everyone did
i believe it should be mandatory for everyone who rides to take the MSS courses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Wait, let's see. He's paralyzed because he terrorized a motorist and sustained his injuries as the motorist was trying to flee to safety. I should be on that jury.
this is the new american dream. you create a scenario where you are doing something completely idiotic then sustain injuries because of your own negligence and then sue everyone within arm's reach for your poor behavior, idiocy and poor judgement. the criminal becomes the victim and then becomes compensated very well.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 10:11 AM   #49
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Concealed carry ftw.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 10:31 PM   #50
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
As I mentioned earlier.. gang mentality.. when a group of people get their adrenaline pumping and have that brotherhood bond becoming stronger their common sense and courtesy is out the window. They become idiots.
Very true. Whether we're talking about motorcycle thugs (NY), bicycles (San Francisco), Sideshows (Oakland), or people trying trample on each other for a $75 generic laptop (Black Friday at Walmart). These type of folks should not be allowed to procreate. We need less of them in our society.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 12:34 PM   #51
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
IIRC you're not to suppose to lane split above 30 mph in CA anyways.

Anyways I see these kind of riders every day.
Appreciate 0