Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:
I have a X6 50i M Sport. Not a full M, but I would love to see her in some new shoes if you are willing to accept her for project!

My current set up...
Oh man. This is in borderline need of a GoFundMe...
lol, I see that is the common thought on this thread.

I must ask after all of the comments on my wheels... what is the major problem with my wheels? It's obvious that most of you agree that it's not working, so please be honest.

Keep in mind that I am extremely thick skinned, so I truly do want your honest, yet constructive comments.

I know my wheels may be a little dated because I took them off of my old E71 X6 and put them on my F16 X6 after they sat in the garage during the years I had the 650i GC.

I felt that the aggressive staggered stance would make up for the older style wheels, but you guys are beating me up over my set up.

So help me gain enlightenment, and that might make me she'll out for some new shoes if you can convince me why my current set up is causing so much disdain...?

:
In my opinion (since you're asking), they are - aesthetically - entirely out of character for the X6. To me, they look like they belong on a low-rider el camino. Moreover, I don't see "aggressive"; I see (what is, wrt the X6) a clearly performance-compromising dish/width and rubber-band tires that together scream "look at me!" (which may or may not be your intention).

You literally couldn't pay me to put those on my car.
I see what you're saying, and not offended in any way. Maybe it's more of a geographical difference in opinion from what I gather from your comments.

1. Not too many El Caminos in the NYC area, so that reference doesn't really hit home around here. I have seen many SUV type vehicles continue to drive around on deep dish style after market wheels, albeit they are usually previous generation models now. Even a white Panamera where I work and a Dark Blue 750 around my neighborhood.

2. I understand your point 100% on the performance aspect. Rubber band tires are not optimal for performance on such a heavy car, but anyone looking for 22" wheels will have just about the same amount of "meat" on their tires, and that is what the OP started this thread about. Big diameter wheels. As much as I want my car to perform optimally, I have to admit that the opportunity to play doesn't come often with the traffic situation and road conditions around here. Fortunately, my bike helps me get my speed fix most of the year.

3. You are right about my car getting attention. I'm an enthusiast, just like most of us here, so your comments and opinions do have an influence on ideas for my car, so finding that not many of you responded positively to my set up seems to be in contrast with the comments I seem to get locally.

Ultimately, I was trying to get some use out of the wheels I had stored in my garage for a few years because I got them for my old E71 about a year before I traded her in for the 650i.
I know the style of the wheels might be "sooo 2009-2012" but I thought it was working just a little bit.

A new set of wheels is always a good thing, but getting my money's worth made a bit more sense to me when I mounted these wheels. Maybe when this lease is up, I will get a new set for my next bimmer... unless of course some vendor wants a car for a promotional project...!
      12-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #24
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
Quote:
lol, I see that is the common thought on this thread.

I must ask after all of the comments on my wheels... what is the major problem with my wheels? It's obvious that most of you agree that it's not working, so please be honest.

Keep in mind that I am extremely thick skinned, so I truly do want your honest, yet constructive comments.

I know my wheels may be a little dated because I took them off of my old E71 X6 and put them on my F16 X6 after they sat in the garage during the years I had the 650i GC.

I felt that the aggressive staggered stance would make up for the older style wheels, but you guys are beating me up over my set up.

So help me gain enlightenment, and that might make me she'll out for some new shoes if you can convince me why my current set up is causing so much disdain...?

:
You have a beautiful X6 with modern lines, and the wheels are very old school "deep dish". I don't like concave either, but a concave design would have made it better.

I'd sell the set on Craigslist, and with that money, buy something either OEM or aftermarket.
Thanks for the compliment on my car! I can agree with you.

I know the deep dish style is last decade, so I have seen some more modern style wheels that would make for a lovely set up.

Finding a byer might be difficult, because I did put them up for sale (with no success) a couple of times over the past few years.

If I find a byer, I would definitely put that money towards a more modern set up. Of course, I will put pics up if and when that happens.