BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-31-2016, 12:56 AM   #1
RPI-M5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition Frozen Bla

CODING: Has Anyone Coded a 2017 X5M?

Tonight I was finally about to get to coding after receiving my cable Thursday late and then waiting out the 48 hours on the ESYS Launcher. When I started coding FDLs, I noticed many of the setting locations outlined in the guides and master spreadsheet were either not present at all, or in different locations. Also noticed some of the ECUs now have different names. Examples

The coding guides have an ECU named "HKFM". On my car it is called "HKFM2"
Coding guides have an EDU named "HU_NBT". On my car it is called "HU_NBT2"

Examples of FDL settings in different locations

In the spreadsheet guide, the setting for turning on the turnsignal in the HUD is called "HUD_TURNSIGNAL" and is said to be located in module HU_NBT, section "3001". On my car, it is located in module "HU_NBT2" in a section called "300C HUD,50".

In the spreadsheet guide, the setting for "Close trunk via keyfob" is said to be in module "HKFM" in section "3010". On my car, there is only a module "HKFM2". There is a section "3010" but no function value "SCH_FBD". In fact, all of the functions values shown are only numbers save for 2 or 3.

Given the 2017s have the new iDrive 5.0, it seems as if BMW has changed some of the coding tree/names/locations of things. Can any coding experts chime in?

spreadsheet guide https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...e9s4/htmlview#
F85 X5M Coding guide http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/BMW%20...%20series.docx

Last edited by RPI-M5; 10-31-2016 at 01:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
AylinNett
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d

you're right. you can't compare old ecu with new ecu directly. with model year 2017 you got new idrive and other features and thus new ecus.

due to the fact that files are encrypted and only "old files or chains" are mapped in esys to make it "visible" you're not able to find old section in new ecu because there is no mapping yet (only visible as ". . . . ". maybe it will be become available in next month
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #3
RPI-M5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AylinNett View Post
you're right. you can't compare old ecu with new ecu directly. with model year 2017 you got new idrive and other features and thus new ecus.

due to the fact that files are encrypted and only "old files or chains" are mapped in esys to make it "visible" you're not able to find old section in new ecu because there is no mapping yet (only visible as ". . . . ". maybe it will be become available in next month
ahh, got it. So someone at ESYS is having to do a manual mapping between cryptic numbers/codes to plain english/german readable names for the settings?

All is not lost, I was able to get the following coded

Turnsignals in the HUD
Lane Departure Warning in the HUD
Dazzle Headlight FA/VO Code (though I think i need to do some additional FDL coding to get this to work)
Auto fold side mirrors when locking car
Auto unfold side mirrors at lower speed
Fold passenger side mirror further down during reverse
Illuminate pathway lights when in reverse
Turn off Seatbelt reminder and chime (thank GOD)

Things I still want to code

Turn off OBD2 Alarm
Close Trunk liftgate from key fob
Triple Blink turnsignal increase to 5 blink (actually coded this but it didn't work)
      10-31-2016, 12:35 PM   #4
tastelid
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

AFAIK your headlights need to be swapped for euro units to actually get the proper anti dazzle working. Coding is only part of that battle.
      10-31-2016, 01:04 PM   #5
yvnrg1981
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelid View Post
AFAIK your headlights need to be swapped for euro units to actually get the proper anti dazzle working. Coding is only part of that battle.
Nope not true. I have the 16 and it's coded with the anti dazzle lights. It took awhile but it has been broken. The LED headlights are just decoded if sold in US. I have them on wifes 15 f15 and on my 16 f86. Sickest mod ever to see these things work.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:19 PM   #6
Dan725
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M (F85)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvnrg1981 View Post
Quote:
Nope not true. I have the 16 and it's coded with the anti dazzle lights. It took awhile but it has been broken. The LED headlights are just decoded if sold in US. I have them on wifes 15 f15 and on my 16 f86. Sickest mod ever to see these things work.
What is the difference between dazzle and antidazzle headlights?
Dinan Exhaust
Dinan Stage 1
Appreciate 1
X5MSD353.00
      10-31-2016, 01:48 PM   #7
yvnrg1981
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

It's Anti-Dazzle. Only optional with full LED package. It's the coding for auto-high beams. Normal operation in US is full on or full off if it detects cars. When you have Euro spec then the high beams can light up different parts of the road and create a tunnel around a car in front of you to prevent Dazzling the driver. It will also lower the driver side high beam if it detects oncoming traffic while still maintaining the passenger side high beam. Really amazing. Search this forum for Anti-Dazzle.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 04:23 PM   #8
AylinNett
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-X5 View Post
ahh, got it. So someone at ESYS is having to do a manual mapping between cryptic numbers/codes to plain english/german readable names for the settings?
not ESYS directly though some guys who improves pszdata for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvnrg1981 View Post
It's Anti-Dazzle. Only optional with full LED package. It's the coding for auto-high beams. Normal operation in US is full on or full off if it detects cars. When you have Euro spec then the high beams can light up different parts of the road and create a tunnel around a car in front of you to prevent Dazzling the driver. It will also lower the driver side high beam if it detects oncoming traffic while still maintaining the passenger side high beam. Really amazing. Search this forum for Anti-Dazzle.
I like it very much. Was strange at the beginning - woh the lights moving from right to left and left to right - ugh only the right part of the street lighted - ok nice works fine . Meanwhile I trust the system, oncoming traffic isn't dazzled in 99% cases.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 02:01 AM   #9
RPI-M5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I just finished coding the anti dazzle hba and took a test drive. WOW! it works so well. I can't believe the nhtsa blocks this in the us. So awesome
      11-03-2016, 07:26 AM   #10
AylinNett
Private
Rep

Quote:
I just finished coding the anti dazzle hba and took a test drive. WOW! it works so well. I can't believe the nhtsa blocks this in the us. So awesome
may you can share neccessary values and VO for all?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #11
RPI-M5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AylinNett View Post
may you can share neccessary values and VO for all?
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...1&d=1452268635
      11-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #12
RPI-M5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So continuing on the coding journey, got into a situation last night. Tried to code angel eyes to 100% brightness. The result was a bit odd

With headlights off, the left set of angel eyes was at 100% but the right set was at stock brightness

With headlights on, the left set were at stock brightness but the right set were at 100%

I gave up trying to figure it out and VO coded BDC_BODY to get back to default settings. Didn't fix it.

Anyone seen this?
      11-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #13
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
So continuing on the coding journey, got into a situation last night. Tried to code angel eyes to 100% brightness. The result was a bit odd

With headlights off, the left set of angel eyes was at 100% but the right set was at stock brightness

With headlights on, the left set were at stock brightness but the right set were at 100%

I gave up trying to figure it out and VO coded BDC_BODY to get back to default settings. Didn't fix it.

Anyone seen this?
AFAIK, when I tried this with LED headlight, it didn't appear to changed.
So I never go back into it.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 01:37 AM   #14
Djvolume
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016-X5M 2018-M4 Comp 2024-X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:

Anyone seen this?
Get it touch with okee at codemycar.com tell him I refered you, your problem will be solved.
      11-06-2016, 08:20 PM   #15
scotty91ss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M5, '15 X5M,'91Chev454ss

I really like some of your ideas, really hope BMW makes changes:

Signal light: 5 blinks instead of 3. Or at least have your own option.
HUD: Signal light in HUD, can't see it on the dash, steering wheel blocks it.

I would like to see:

M2 button. Option to shut off radio. My M2 button I keep for racing.

I also hate that once I back up, my center screen changes back to main menu. Would really like it to stay on my last screen.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 09:16 PM   #16
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Anyone know if it's possible to code surround view to be the default when the car is being maneuvered at parking speeds (or the parking sensor is manually selected)? This was standard on my wife's X3 and I much prefer it.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 09:29 PM   #17
RPI-M5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:

Anyone seen this?
Turns out you are right. I fixed it another way that taught me something about the 2017s

The instructions to FDL code BDC_BODY to change Angel Eye brightness is incorrect. I think it prob was correct for F15s without LED headlights. For us, you have to code FLE43 and FLE44. if you follow the instructions to code for Euro Anti Dazzle, your angel eyes will go to 100%. I haven't figured exactly which FDL value it is within FLE43/44 but I know it is one of the 79 values coded after the first 22 in the PDF instructions.
      11-06-2016, 09:31 PM   #18
RPI-M5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty91ss View Post

I would like to see:

I also hate that once I back up, my center screen changes back to main menu. Would really like it to stay on my last screen.
So turned out the signal blink change didn't work for me. My guys is same issue with the required changes being different between those with LED headlights and those without
      12-09-2016, 02:30 PM   #19
6lacksheep
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

Has anyone figure out how to get rid of the amber on the corner of the beadlights?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 04:02 AM   #20
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:

Turnsignals in the HUD
Dazzle Headlight FA/VO Code (though I think i need to do some additional FDL coding to get this to work)

Turn off OBD2 Alarm
Triple Blink turnsignal increase to 5 blink (actually coded this but it didn't work)
E-sys was created by ESG. CAFD are trimmed for a number or reasons, but Tokenmaster fixed by labeling in realtime.

Turn off OBD2 alarm & closing tailgate with keyFOB can be done. Triple blink no longer works for newer firmware.

Quote:
Nope. That is only true for F22's and F3x's with FLE.

Quote:

Anyone seen this?
VO Coding sets factory values. Angel eyes are set to 100% for DRL's. They are set to dim with low beams, but coding can be changed in FLE modules so this does not occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty91ss View Post

I would like to see:

HUD blinkers are does not work if you have 6WB digital dash or F2x/ F3x/ F8x (M3/M4). It may be possible to remap buttons but you can also use voice commands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundown View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to code surround view to be the default when the car is being maneuvered at parking speeds (or the parking sensor is manually selected)? This was standard on my wife's X3 and I much prefer it.
Depending on firmware, last view is default. For others, it always reverts to rear cam.

Quote:
Turns out you are right. I fixed it another way that taught me something about the 2017s

The instructions to FDL code BDC_BODY to change Angel Eye brightness is incorrect. I think it prob was correct for F15s without LED headlights. For us, you have to code FLE43 and FLE44. if you follow the instructions to code for Euro Anti Dazzle, your angel eyes will go to 100%. I haven't figured exactly which FDL value it is within FLE43/44 but I know it is one of the 79 values coded after the first 22 in the PDF instructions.
There is separate coding for 100% corona rings with low beams. It is listed on F15 Cheat Sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askylitdrive View Post
Has anyone figure out how to get rid of the amber on the corner of the beadlights?
Yes, getting rid of amber sidemarkers is also controlled by FLE.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #21
gator430
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Quote:

Turnsignals in the HUD

Turn off OBD2 Alarm
Hi RPI,

I also have a 2017 X5M. I'm having issues coding in module BDC_BODY because all functions are now numbers. How did you code these functions?

Note: "Read SVT" is not working for me, so I have to use "Read ECU".

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #22
AylinNett
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator430 View Post
Hi RPI,

I also have a 2017 X5M. I'm having issues coding in module BDC_BODY because all functions are now numbers. How did you code these functions?

Note: "Read SVT" is not working for me, so I have to use "Read ECU".

Thanks
which pszdata version you're working with? which i-level has your car?

maybe an update of your data is needed. Tell me cafd name, I can take a look in my repository
Appreciate 0