BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #1
tatetrain
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 E39 530i

Mirror caps - black

Anyone with a black 2017 x5 who has installed carbon fiber mirror caps want to sell their original black mirror caps? I want to replace my glacier silver with black. Once my order comes in ?. Anyone else done this? Nothing else on my car is carbon fiber. I would also prefer a black M aerodynamic package if it were available.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 05:55 PM   #2
alloutwarn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatetrain View Post
Anyone with a black 2017 x5 who has installed carbon fiber mirror caps want to sell their original black mirror caps? I want to replace my glacier silver with black. Once my order comes in ?. Anyone else done this? Nothing else on my car is carbon fiber. I would also prefer a black M aerodynamic package if it were available.
I had mine wrapped in gloss black vinyl, my f15 is alpine white looks super clean with the gloss black accents, guna wrap the roof next
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
tatetrain
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 E39 530i

Thought about the roof but may pass. I had an s7 on order but the dealer hosed me around so I choose not to give Audi my $$$$. Was definitely going to wrap that roof black. I like the look of the black mirror with the window tint on a lighter colored car. The x5 roof just is too high to make a difference for me. How much was it to wrap your mirrors, if I may ask? I can't wait for my car!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 06:44 PM   #4
AHCPAX5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 50i M Sport

Quote:

This company out in Europe is selling a kit they will paint gloss black and ship to NY for $799. They send me some pics but I cannot upload using my ipad. I can email if you give me email address.

I was thinking about doing it as I have mineral white with gloss black rails, m performance gloss black kidney and rear lip spoiler.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/181932970891
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 07:40 PM   #5
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Buy the caps from one of the online retailers and have a local shop paint them black. I did that as it cost $50 per side and $50 to paint both in BMW jet black
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
alloutwarn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f15

Quote:
Thought about the roof but may pass. I had an s7 on order but the dealer hosed me around so I choose not to give Audi my $$$$. Was definitely going to wrap that roof black. I like the look of the black mirror with the window tint on a lighter colored car. The x5 roof just is too high to make a difference for me. How much was it to wrap your mirrors, if I may ask? I can't wait for my car!!!
I had one of my installers do it for free, but I would normally charge someone about $50ish a mirror
Appreciate 0