BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-26-2022, 04:46 PM   #1
Nick - W
Rep
Drives: 2013 F15 50i

50i - 113027 Crank no start - Blown ISM fuse

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have an F15 50i that has now been to two mechanics, including a service rep from BMW service centre.

I pulled out of a dealership (looking at new car) around 30% throttle sunny Australia conditions car pulled up into limp mode. Nursed it 2 kms then engine cut off would not start. Let it sit for 30minutes managed to start it and get it to a mechanic.

Fault code was 113027: ignition relay and injectors, supply voltage, fuel injection short to ground.

Car can start but is running very rough can coax it. Discovered the ISM had a blown fuse in it. Ordered Genuine part from BMW replaced it.

Vehicle will crank but wont start. Put the old ISM back in with blown fuse and it starts (albeit rough).

Checked the wiring diagram, found it belongs to cylinder 7, replaced coil/spark no change.

DME ground wire was slightly burnt on attachment to car replaced this.

Mechanic advised that the with the new ISM the DME sends no signal to ignition system / injectors and vehicle wont start. The old ISM with the broken fuse the signal does get sent hence the car starting.

1 year ago there was a coolant leak that had left some dried coolant (that did get cleaned) over cylinders 6 and 7.

Main battery had been replaced 8 months ago. Rear fuse checked.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas at all with this. I am somewhat confused with the car starting with a broken fuse in the ISM but not with new module. Mechanic doesn't believe it to be the DME. He has also traced the loom looking for shorts or corrosion.

Cheers again
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 09:52 PM   #2
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick - W View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have an F15 50i that has now been to two mechanics, including a service rep from BMW service centre.

I pulled out of a dealership (looking at new car) around 30% throttle sunny Australia conditions car pulled up into limp mode. Nursed it 2 kms then engine cut off would not start. Let it sit for 30minutes managed to start it and get it to a mechanic.

Fault code was 113027: ignition relay and injectors, supply voltage, fuel injection short to ground.

Car can start but is running very rough can coax it. Discovered the ISM had a blown fuse in it. Ordered Genuine part from BMW replaced it.

Vehicle will crank but wont start. Put the old ISM back in with blown fuse and it starts (albeit rough).

Checked the wiring diagram, found it belongs to cylinder 7, replaced coil/spark no change.

DME ground wire was slightly burnt on attachment to car replaced this.

Mechanic advised that the with the new ISM the DME sends no signal to ignition system / injectors and vehicle wont start. The old ISM with the broken fuse the signal does get sent hence the car starting.

1 year ago there was a coolant leak that had left some dried coolant (that did get cleaned) over cylinders 6 and 7.

Main battery had been replaced 8 months ago. Rear fuse checked.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas at all with this. I am somewhat confused with the car starting with a broken fuse in the ISM but not with new module. Mechanic doesn't believe it to be the DME. He has also traced the loom looking for shorts or corrosion.

Cheers again
Make the dealer change your injectors under the factory extension on that item but it could be other things too many to Count on our 50is they're heavy on maintenance 😂
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 02:03 AM   #3
Nick - W
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN1111 View Post
Make the dealer change your injectors under the factory extension on that item but it could be other things too many to Count on our 50is they're heavy on maintenance 😂

I can't believe this has been going on for 3 months.

Not sure if that factory extension will work in Australia, but thank you I may give it a try.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 09:22 AM   #4
JMAN1111
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 Black Fire X6M, F16 X6 50i

Quote:
Quote:

Not sure if that factory extension will work in Australia, but thank you I may give it a try.
Quote:
Quote:

It should work in all regions 🔥

It is a BMW factory extension item. Don't be afraid to push the dealer a little bit. Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 08:02 PM   #5
Nick - W
Rep

Hello All,
It was the DME it got replaced a month ago.
First time giving 60-70% throttle it went back into Drivetrain Malfunction and received the below codes,
1F0515 Valvetronic Supply voltage Open Circuit
133011 Valvetronic Supply Voltage Malfunction
1F4A10 Relay Ignition and Injection, Activation Line Interruption
133104 Valvetronic Relay triggering open circuit

Wondering if theres a short circuit something similiar to this guy.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=1f0515
Appreciate 0