BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-01-2019, 11:46 PM   #1
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

If anyone wants to convert to comfort seats

There's a Ivory set available with free shipping: https://www.pacificmotors.com/auto-p...mw-x5-2014-18/

I'm not affiliated to them in any way. I just know how hard it is to find a comfort set in needed color for x5 (or any BMW for that matter). You can still sell your stock set and recuperate some money.

Installation is direct bolt on.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 01:22 AM   #2
Mr.47
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
There's a Ivory set available with free shipping: https://www.pacificmotors.com/auto-p...mw-x5-2014-18/

I'm not affiliated to them in any way. I just know how hard it is to find a comfort set in needed color for x5 (or any BMW for that matter). You can still sell your stock set and recuperate some money.

Installation is direct bolt on.
I’m so tempted because I have ivory interior. Problem is the coding par ort whether I need control module or it’s build into the seat. I did compare the wire harness on real oem and the two between standard and comfort seat are different from each other. But the wire harness is only $200 per side and is detachable. And for $1700 is cheap! Now about freight shipping :/
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #3
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.47 View Post
I’m so tempted because I have ivory interior. Problem is the coding par ort whether I need control module or it’s build into the seat. I did compare the wire harness on real oem and the two between standard and comfort seat are different from each other. But the wire harness is only $200 per side and is detachable. And for $1700 is cheap! Now about freight shipping :/
Control module is built into the seat - it's located under seat itself. Front seats bolt with 4 torx bolts to the floor and 2 more torx bolts for seat belt - very straightforward to swap. Rear seat has no modules. The only coding you might encounter is when you add vented seats into x5 that didn't have them (that will require extra buttons on dash too).
Plastic socket box (where wire harness is located) under the seat should be physically same, but it will have different wire layout to account for extra options comfort seat has: I think it's just extra set of positive and negative wires for extra adjustments comfort seat has (as all extra motors and inflatable lumbar support is already built into the seat). Unless I am missing some hidden built-in features - for example if x5 can adjust seat position during crush or something - then those features might require coding, but I'm not sure if x5 has something like that specific to comfort seats only? Probably not.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 09:42 PM   #4
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

That's a nice set of seats! I love the comfort seats in my X5

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 1
DuSh2113.50
      02-14-2019, 03:16 PM   #5
larsbs79
Norway
Rep
Drives: F15, 25dXdrive M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Control module is built into the seat - it's located under seat itself. Front seats bolt with 4 torx bolts to the floor and 2 more torx bolts for seat belt - very straightforward to swap. Rear seat has no modules. The only coding you might encounter is when you add vented seats into x5 that didn't have them (that will require extra buttons on dash too).
Plastic socket box (where wire harness is located) under the seat should be physically same, but it will have different wire layout to account for extra options comfort seat has: I think it's just extra set of positive and negative wires for extra adjustments comfort seat has (as all extra motors and inflatable lumbar support is already built into the seat). Unless I am missing some hidden built-in features - for example if x5 can adjust seat position during crush or something - then those features might require coding, but I'm not sure if x5 has something like that specific to comfort seats only? Probably not.
You have to find canbus somewhere also as the standard or sport seats dont have a seat module.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
Mr.47
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsbs79 View Post
You have to find canbus somewhere also as the standard or sport seats dont have a seat module.
So going from standard to sport seat is possiable? Because I think all it does it add a manual seat extension.
Appreciate 0