01-27-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
sparklingbrownf15
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F15 X5 xDrive35i

Question '18 F15 X5 Fender Vent Upgrade/Replacement

Hello,

I have a 2018 F15 X5 xDrive35i with the base decor package (no extra chrome accents up front, and body-colored side scuttles/fender vents). I want to replace the body-colored fender vents with the chrome-accented fender vents from the Luxury Line decor package. I was wondering how easy the fender vents are to replace, and where I could find GENUINE BMW fender vents (NOT Chinese "Stick-On" pieces). Any BMW part #'s or sources (including the official name of the part) would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Vincent
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 09:24 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Not sure I follow - the fender vents are integrated with the fender, there is no additional piece attached except on the F85 X5M. That piece is chrome but has an X5M logo on it and therefore not allowed on a 35i (most people swap it out for a black piece, either the OEM M Performance version or aftermarket).

The best place to identify OEM part numbers is www.realoem.com - just set the filters to your vehicle platform/year/model and find the right category.

Lots of places online to buy OEM parts... I generally order from www.getbmwparts.com
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2022, 06:08 PM   #3
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Not sure I follow - the fender vents are integrated with the fender, there is no additional piece attached except on the F85 X5M. That piece is chrome but has an X5M logo on it and therefore not allowed on a 35i (most people swap it out for a black piece, either the OEM M Performance version or aftermarket).

The best place to identify OEM part numbers is www.realoem.com - just set the filters to your vehicle platform/year/model and find the right category.

Lots of places online to buy OEM parts... I generally order from www.getbmwparts.com
I got this for my 50i from RG Sports. This is what you mean by fender cover? Mine is carbon fiber, but they have chrome as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 06:22 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
I got this for my 50i from RG Sports. This is what you mean by fender cover? Mine is carbon fiber, but they have chrome as well.
I assume that's what the OP was referring to But no X5's come with those covers except the X5M - he was referring to the chrome covers that come with the luxury line, but they don't come that way as far as I've ever seen.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 07:33 AM   #5
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Is this the piece you are wondering about? (fender side trim as mentioned above)
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_2841 ?
Above is the pn for the chrome version. There is also an gloss black OEM version with different pn.

If so, be aware that the OEM trim piece/s has tabs that stick into holes in the fender, and you will have to either drill your fender (X5M fender comes with the holes), or cut the tabs off and stick the trim on with double adhesive tape only.
Appreciate 0