06-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #45
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansRobert View Post
My previous F15 was Sparkling Brown, which is similar to Pyrite Brown (if not the exact same thing with a different name for the EU) and it was beautiful, especially in the bright sunshine. Unfortunately we had a serious accident with that vehicle and we choose Mineral White this time, primarily because of the ease of keeping it clean. I would think that nutmeg interior would look great. If you are happy, and hopefully you will be, what others think will not be a matter of concern!

I've attached a picture of our previous X5 so you can see the paint color. Hopefully it is the same.

The wait is over, I picked it up yesterday!
Very happy with the car, one of the reasons I went with the hybrid is the convenience and comfort the large battery back and electric heat pump give.
Feels good to have a nice cold car in the heat we currently have.

Attached is a few photos, taken with a mobile so the picture quality is what it is. I am very happy with Nutmeg leather, it looks good, but never looks right on photos.

06-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #46
norwegian_viking
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 40e | 2018 BMW i3s

NORWAY: I ordered 40e one week ago and the first possible delivery date is in October. Due to some tax regulations, I may pick it up i January to save to tax.

Sapphire Black Metallic
Black Dakota leather
Double slat glossy black grille
M-Sport
20" 469 wheels with winter tires
Adaptive LED
Comfort seats
Panorama sunroof
Navi professional
Tow hitch
Tint
Harman Kardon
Surround View
Driving assistant plus
Comfort access
Traffic queue assistant
Connected Drive
Real time traffic information
++

I need 22" for summer though.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 01:48 AM   #47
renio
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series / X5 ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilron View Post
Very happy with the car, one of the reasons I went with the hybrid is the convenience and comfort the large battery back and electric heat pump give.

Attached is a few photos, taken with a mobile so the picture quality is what it is. I am very happy with Nutmeg leather, it looks good, but never looks right on photos.
Congrats! Such a beauty! Those colors (both interior and exterior) are exquisite! nice choice
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 02:27 AM   #48
norwegian_viking
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X5 40e | 2018 BMW i3s

Quote:
Congrats! Absolutely stunning color choices!:thump:
I wish I had guts to pull those colors
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 02:46 AM   #49
hacksics
Private
Sri Lanka
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40e M-Sports 2016

Quote:
Congrats. Love the colors!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #50
BXdriver
Four stripes vehicle commander
Norway
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 45e

Huge congrats to the owners of the 40e!! Nice power to price ratio for sure.
Its not for everyone (yet) because it will depend very much on each persons needs with it's (still) quite limited electric range - BUT it is surely a step in the right direction.

Anyway, I am still a bit unsure if the recent news in Norwegian media is good or bad.
According to this - we will need to not only be in "hybrid mode", but go fully electric in just a few years from now. If THAT really is realistic...am not so sure about... :-)
This is Norway.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/03/did-n...a-big-win.html

Have a good warm weekend all,

Best
Bent
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 04:24 PM   #51
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXdriver View Post
Huge congrats to the owners of the 40e!! Nice power to price ratio for sure.
Its not for everyone (yet) because it will depend very much on each persons needs with it's (still) quite limited electric range - BUT it is surely a step in the right direction.

Anyway, I am still a bit unsure if the recent news in Norwegian media is good or bad.
According to this - we will need to not only be in "hybrid mode", but go fully electric in just a few years from now. If THAT really is realistic...am not so sure about... :-)
This is Norway.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/03/did-n...a-big-win.html
For what is available, it definitely depends on peoples needs on whether they go diesel or hybrid.

That is interesting news about the ban. I was shocked to see the Tesla Model 3 sales numbers in the US and was trying to picture the roads in 2018 or 2019. That will be an even crazier, but good dream, to see Norway in even 5 years after ban.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 08:45 AM   #52
renio
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series / X5 ordered

Hi ilron ... once again 'big ups' for you color choice! I've ordered a space grey 40e and by seeing this picture of yours in pyrit braun I'm considering to change the configuration of mine to pyrit braun! It such an exclusive color .. but I'm wondering how this color looks like when the car isn't freshly washed (for example dusty or bit dirty by dryed rain and other weather influences).
Would you please be so kind to upload a picture of your car in such conditions? .. also if you're at it... a picture when not in bright sunlight (just normal daylight)? I'm not planning to wash my X5 every week or so but still would be nice to see if the pyrit still stands-out after 2 or 3 weeks of usage

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 01:02 PM   #53
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
I have say this color is very exquisite. Love it myself!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #54
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

Ive gotten a X540e as a loaner and I must say its a peppy truck for its weight and size. I like the fact i can use all electric before the gas engine can kick in on short drives.

One grip i have about it was the rear suspension. Since the battery is on the back, it made the rear so heavy. I am not sure if BMW under spec the rear dampener but it was pretty bouncy/float when i hit an bump on the highway. Wonder if this was addressed on more recent iterations.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 06:39 PM   #55
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

I pick up my X5 40e on Saturday! Looking forward to the drive home to Vegas from Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #56
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by admranger View Post
I pick up my X5 40e on Saturday! Looking forward to the drive home to Vegas from Pacific BMW in Glendale, CA.
Enjoy the ride!
Appreciate 0