BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #23
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive35d M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra006 View Post
I have M suspension + rear air suspension and am happy with it.
Perhaps consider a upgraded seating package too with ventilated seats, especially if you're in LA area and it will get hot. My only regret was not getting the cooled seats. I have the standard leather sports seats and it does get hot on long drives.
Maybe a racechip too for later, you're going to love the torque.
Yes, already have the Luxury seating package. I might think of adding MPPK later, but right now the build is going way over $80k. And DHP is simply pushing the bill higher.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 02:00 PM   #24
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I have the ventilated seats now and didn't before. Honestly i wouldn't spend the money for them because they barely do anything. There are also reports that seats with the ventilation are harder and thinking back compared to my F15 this maybe true. I think the non ventilated comfort seats in my F15 are more comfortable than the ventilated F85 seats and my wife agrees.

If it were me i would skip out on the ACC stop go and luxury seating package to go with the DHP.

Alan
      09-06-2016, 02:03 PM   #25
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdAge View Post
This is what I'm contemplating right now. Given the budget constraints, I can only choose one of the below options

a) ACC Stop and Go and 22" wheels and 335 wide tires + Adaptive M suspension
OR
b) DHP

Cant do both, already way over my budget. What do you guys think now? a) and b) costs more or less the same and hence can go with only one.
If I had to choose, I would go DHP and skip ACC stop and go... because for me I prefer driving the car myself than having the machine determine how fast and slow I need to go or stop. Add the DHP handling and you got a nice sports car like SUV.
      09-06-2016, 02:05 PM   #26
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Yes, already have the Luxury seating package. I might think of adding MPPK later, but right now the build is going way over $80k. And DHP is simply pushing the bill higher.
That was my problem... with my build.. if I added DHP I would be in the mid-low $80K.. and that is 50i territory in terms of pricing.. I just could not justify spending that much on a 35i.
      09-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #27
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I have the ventilated seats now and didn't before. Honestly i wouldn't spend the money for them because they barely do anything. There are also reports that seats with the ventilation are harder and thinking back compared to my F15 this maybe true. I think the non ventilated comfort seats in my F15 are more comfortable than the ventilated F85 seats and my wife agrees.

If it were me i would skip out on the ACC stop go and luxury seating package to go with the DHP.

Alan
Its only costing me $50 more for Luxury seating package (as I already have M sport and Multicontour seats), but true that I have read saying that the ventilated seats feel harder.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #28
XBimmer1
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Add DHP for sure, glad I got it and enjoy it tremendously!
Try to get ACC Stop & Go if you can work this into your budget - I have it and use it most of the time (>60-70%, may be more) for routine driving to and from work-home etc.. I love this feature now its coded to shorten the distance to 1 bar automatically. I turn it on and just drive, takes a lot of stress away from me especially after work and or during long drive. I am sure folks here completely disagree with me on this. Well to each his own!
You do NOT need to spend extra for Adaptive M suspension or rear axle air IF you get the DHP.
If budget is an issue I would skip 22"
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #29
LowBattery
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW M3

Quote:
Just did a build of 2017 X5 Diesel with expected delivery date of 2-3 months from now. Because its the labor day weekend the dealer told me that the vehicle will officially not be sent to BMW for build until Tuesday, which means I can change the build until then.

Currently have the following
- M Sport package
- Adaptive M suspension + rear axle air suspension
- Driver Assistance and Plus
- Lighting and Luxury package
- Mocha Nappa Interior, Space Gray Metallic exterior, Premium package, ceramic controls
- Apple car play and harmon Kardon speakers
- ACC Stop and go

I'm thinking about replacing ACC with Dynamic Handling package. Perhaps the question of DHP has been asked many times here, am still not able to decide. My driving is around 9k miles per year with mostly in city freeway driving and once in a while long distance drive. Should I go for the DHP and spend extra $3600? Or will I be fine with the Adaptive M suspension? Btw, I'm planning to add 22" wheels with 335 width in the rear and 295 front.

I've read these so far on DHP
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=817787&page=3

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...1111484&page=2
This is slightly off-topic, but were you able to get confirmation on the build/delivery date? I'm in Northern California and I'm still being told that there's no current allocation for 2017 X5 diesels.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #30
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBattery View Post
This is slightly off-topic, but were you able to get confirmation on the build/delivery date? I'm in Northern California and I'm still being told that there's no current allocation for 2017 X5 diesels.
Not yet, but I will know in the next day or two. I was told that the production has started and will have the car ready in 2-3 months, but will know for sure later this week. You will have to remember that not all dealers will have a production slot available yet, few dealers cant even take the order. So you will have to talk to one that can take the order.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2016, 04:35 PM   #31
TOPEC
<3 Flat Four
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335is LM Blue

Quote:
The main reason I have decided to go with DHP is that I'm thinking it will handle the cornering (during rain and wet conditions) as well when driving in freeways at high speeds and making a curve and riding over potholes smoothly. Did I get this right? I'm giving up going for custom 22" wheels with 335 tires for DHP.
U actually want a smoother, more compliant ride when in the wet or slippery conditions.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 03:41 AM   #32
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

Alan is right about the ventilated seats, not worth it.
Xbimmer made a good point, pass on the 22s(too hard to find good tires+ too expensive) and make getting both the ACC & DHP happen. Yeah, with all the options I added it's 85k, but I'm very pleased with the combination.

I just have to remember the laws of physics.
      09-07-2016, 08:11 AM   #33
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15GorDe View Post
Alan is right about the ventilated seats, not worth it.
Xbimmer made a good point, pass on the 22s(too hard to find good tires+ too expensive) and make getting both the ACC & DHP happen. Yeah, with all the options I added it's 85k, but I'm very pleased with the combination.

I just have to remember the laws of physics.
Honest question: if 22s aren't an option, and the 21s aren't either because the tires are hard to find and too expensive, are we just stuck with 20s?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #34
samguan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Convertible

Here is my take on this, I've never driven a DHP equipped X5 but I do have the MSport Adaptive on it and it serves me really well, it totally changes the feel of the car with the stiffer adaptive suspension.

At $3600, I would have up skipped it and could have gone up to the 50i but since you're looking at the diesel version, it's irrelevant.

In my opinion, the X5 is a sporty SUV but it still needs some more power(at least on the 35i) to really make the experience complete with DHP. 50i with DHP would be perfect.

I've done some research on the internet and the result is mixed, some people say they can't tell much difference between the MSport Adaptive vs DHP, i'm pretty sure if you push the car, you will feel it. And some people claim day and night difference between stock and DHP. You just gotta try it yourself. I'm sure everyday driving, MSport is plenty!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #35
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

Honest question: if 22s aren't an option, and the 21s aren't either because the tires are hard to find and too expensive, are we just stuck with 20s?

20s are fine, fair amount of choices when it comes to tires. The largest amount of tire choices are the 19s, but aesthetically they leave some people disappointed. I have the 19s and like them. More than a few comments on how the whole look of the M-Sport F15 is really well thought out.

In my opinion, the X5 is a sporty SUV but it still needs some more power(at least on the 35i) to really make the experience complete with DHP.

This is where MPPK by itself, or in addition to a Racechip, really perks things up.
Several forum members have had good results with both choices.

Good luck.
      09-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #36
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

So the dealer took the build, started to process and then in a couple of days responded back saying that they cant do the build and have no idea when they can. It looks like no one in socal is able to do a 2017 35d build yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 12:05 AM   #37
LowBattery
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW M3

Quote:
So the dealer took the build, started to process and then in a couple of days responded back saying that they cant do the build and have no idea when they can. It looks like no one in socal is able to do a 2017 35d build yet.
That's too bad. Hopefully we get some info soon; not sure what's causing the delay at this point.

Thanks for the update.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #38
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBattery View Post
That's too bad. Hopefully we get some info soon; not sure what's causing the delay at this point.

Thanks for the update.
After talking to few more dealers, it sounds like BMW wants to first get rid of the 40e units that they have built so far. The Diesel X5 will start production only after that. The only diesel cars that have started production are the 3 series.
Appreciate 0