BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #1
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Yet another cargo liner - would like your opinion

Has anyone tried these cargo liners from canvasback (web site link below)? I reviewed their website and these cargo liners look pretty good. They are available in many colors, including black. I also see that the handle to open up the cargo floor is still exposed which is useful. Side cargo pieces and a bumper flap are also available.

Some of you may recall I asked for your opinions on the two available BMW cargo mats (the luggage compartment liner at $125 and the fitted luggage compartment mat at $199). I ended up purchasing the less expensive liner (I am sure it is made by Weather Tech). The BMW liner is good but it still covers up the handle latch and it is a pain to get at items in the spare tire area while that mat is in place. I also purchased the luggage compartment lashing straps (at $180) to hold my grocery bags and other stuff from shifting around. I had to cut out part of my liner for the posts on the lashing straps to stick through. Now my liner is beginning to tear near the cuts. With all of this, I am considering the canvasback liner, side liner, and the bumper flap. I would really like to hear the opinion of others on this canvasback version.

http://www.canvasback.com/index.php/...ers-37655.html
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 04:48 PM   #2
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Great product

I have them and I love them. I have a large dog that rides in the back and they do a great job protecting the sides and such. I suggest purchasing the side pieces as well.

The only downside is it is not as flush and clean as OEM liners. Considering it is fabric velcro'ed to the side it looks really good, but I can't say it would pass the OCD test.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #3
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

That said - if you are just carrying groceries I think it is a bit overkill for your needs. It is really good for "messy" situations.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 03:56 PM   #4
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
I think that solution is a bit excess not to mention it's kind of hideous.

I don't know why I got third row seats, but when I need it, I take my rear [Weathertech] cargo mat out and if I get some dirt or something in the rear area, usually vacuuming is all I need.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 04:52 PM   #5
XXX5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 F15 50i M Sport

Reviving an older thread here to see if anyone has the more expensive BMW Fitted Luggage Compartment Mat? I bought the cheaper one and just returned it, didn't lay flat, wasn't cut right and was really cheap and plasticky. Looking for opinions before I spend $185 shipped which was the cheapest I could find the thicker looking mat. Anyone have one of these in their car? Is there something better out there? I use my cargo area quite a bit. Bought the Weather techs for the floor for winter but not sure I want their cargo mat plus a little pricey for what it is. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #6
slampert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX50

If this is the mat you're thinking of, it's ok but not great. See photo. It shows lots of wear and tear (my car is a month old) and the surface ridges and contours are problematic. It also covers the cargo strapping tracks.

I intended to purchase the plain flat mat, called the dealer to pickup, naturally when I got there they only had this "deluxe" version.

Weathertech might be good choice. Notice their universal mat covering my rear seat backs. Minor trimming yielded a perfect fit. Their rubber quality appears to be much more durable....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 08:45 AM   #7
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by slampert View Post
If this is the mat you're thinking of, it's ok but not great. See photo. It shows lots of wear and tear (my car is a month old) and the surface ridges and contours are problematic. It also covers the cargo strapping tracks.

I intended to purchase the plain flat mat, called the dealer to pickup, naturally when I got there they only had this "deluxe" version.

Weathertech might be good choice. Notice their universal mat covering my rear seat backs. Minor trimming yielded a perfect fit. Their rubber quality appears to be much more durable....
I agree. I had the "fancy mat" and found it to be just as flimsy and much less functional given all of those large and unnecessary channels/contouring.

The Kagu by 3D seems to be quite popular (has a bit more weight thanks to a carpet/friction layer bottom). Also has a crease for third-row applications.

https://www.partcatalog.com/maxpider...09&submodel=96
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 11:36 AM   #8
XXX5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

This confirmed my suspicions thanks guys. Will try either maxpider or weathertech
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
Jimmie48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Xdrive35D

I have the one above and although it does look really cool, it could be better if it was completely flat. It works for what we need it to...keeping dirty things off the carpet but I would rather something that left the loading tracks intact and still covered with a lip for wet and muddy things.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 03:12 PM   #10
wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX5 View Post
This confirmed my suspicions thanks guys. Will try either maxpider or weathertech
I have the Weathertec and it is great
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 11:04 PM   #11
SJCFlyer
Rep
Drives: 2024 i5 M60

Don't laugh, but my wife uses two really nice, plush rectangular kitchen rugs that play nicely off our black interior. The overlap (when seats are up) is only a few inches and we just roll one side under slightly. When the seats are down, they over most everything. Plus, access to the cargo hold is a snap, and with the backing on them they're leak resistant and "stick" to the carpeting nicely. And when you need them out of the way, they roll up tight ~ easily fitting in the cargo hold. Just a suggestion.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 05:47 AM   #12
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

That's what I did. One 4x3 mat from Home Depot for $9 did the trick.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 08:04 AM   #13
XXX5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Went with the Maxpider, really nice amd fit is perfect. Got it for $82 on Amazon
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #14
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

I have the weathertecs (rear cargo + floor mats) and love them. They've been a lifesaver whether hauling my dogs or hundreds of pounds of garden soil. Catches/contains dirt like a champ and super easy to lift out, shake/hose off, and put back in place..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #15
googoomas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 155mph (Stupid Limiter)

Maxpider

I have the Maxpider cargo and passenger mats. I love the cargo mat, it holds great and really prevents stuff from sliding.
The interior mats were all working really well until about 2 weeks ago the driver mat started to slip. At this point it will not stay still, although the rear seat mat and the passenger mat are sitting tight. I originally went with Maxpider because the mats extend further up into the foot-well than others. I'm going to try and return and see if another one works.
At this point I would highly recommend the Maxpider cargo mat, and rear seat mat, but would be on the fence for the front seats.

2016 MBM f30 320i - Gone
2015 BSM/Black f15 X5 xDrive50i M-Sport - Current
Appreciate 0